Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

I was hoping Batman Odyssey responses would catch on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Death flashed before my eyes.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Admin gettin saucy up in there.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Begemot posted:

That was later. First he was a regular cyborg, then just a head with legs for a while.

There was a nice visual gag in some parts of X-Tinction agenda where he had a normal-ish head at the end of a Cronenberg horror-mound, but around his neck he had a cardboard cutout of a human man wearing a suit and tie, that just dangled off.

Edit:

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 11, 2018

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Seventh Arrow posted:

I was hoping Batman Odyssey responses would catch on

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Android Blues posted:

The Marauders are the absolute worst. Mutant Massacre is a real black mark on that run, just pointless grimdarkness while guys like Scalphunter and Harpoon take centre stage, with their only motivation for like a year of issues being, "we're really evil and hate mutants, and also, a shadowy figure with ambiguous motivations hired us to do this".

Don’t forget having Polaris rejoin the team only to immediately be possessed by Marauder member Malice, turning her evil and then bonding to her permanently and she joined the Marauders but then she got better and went to Muir Isle and her powers went wonky and she turned into a white She Hulk that gained power from other people’s anger but then it turned out it was the Shadow King and she

Is there a macro of Kate’s head exploding?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Archyduke posted:

There was a nice visual gag in some parts of X-Tinction agenda where he had a normal-ish head at the end of a Cronenberg horror-mound, but around his neck he had a cardboard cutout of a human man wearing a suit and tie, that just dangled off.

Edit:

Is that Ronald Reagan in a skirt?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GPTribefan posted:

Don’t forget having Polaris rejoin the team only to immediately be possessed by Marauder member Malice, turning her evil and then bonding to her permanently and she joined the Marauders but then she got better and went to Muir Isle and her powers went wonky and she turned into a white She Hulk that gained power from other people’s anger but then it turned out it was the Shadow King and she

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

darthbob88 posted:

E: They also had a two page splash where Agent Preston in the LMD explains that she knows sign language.

It's good, but it honestly feels a bit clumsy after how well the deafness and sign was done in Fraction Hawkeye. That's a pretty high bar, though.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

GPTribefan posted:

Kate can handle the nonsense.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

howe_sam posted:

Is that Ronald Reagan in a skirt?
She's the president of Genosha, so I wouldn't be shocked if she was designed like Reagan.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Elfface posted:

Kate can handle the nonsense.

Is her outfit crotchless or

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Calaveron posted:

Is her outfit crotchless or

Boob hip windows.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they're positioned weirdly in those shots, they should look more like this

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

site posted:

I like this new gimmick of responding with Kate panels

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jul 11, 2018

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

GPTribefan posted:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Say Nothing posted:

gently caress OFF

Why would you post anime gore

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I never knew that Hawkeye’s costume was originally designed for Marrow.

You learn something knew every day.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
She covered the shoulders in that Gwenpool page so at some point she must've got tired of the weird sunburns

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kate Bishop is the best :allears:

Like the whole Hawkeye miniseries is real real good.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

For the whipper-snappers who don't know what she's talking about.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Goddammit Steve.

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA
I'm slightly upset that the order of the names is not the same

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

prefect posted:

It must take Herc hours to get into those pants in the morning.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I think it was Deadpool/Hawkeye that had the really nice bit where Deadpool, unlike virtually every other superhero, is actually considerate enough to remember that Clint can't read his lips through a full-face mask, so he lifts the mask when talking to him.

My wife adored that sequence, because she reads lips, and it's amazing how often people forget that if they're not looking at her when they talk to her, she can't understand them.

Hawkeye's deaf? when the gently caress did that happen?

edit : nvm got it.

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jul 11, 2018

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Don't be ridiculous.

Those are his shoes.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

prefect posted:

When I see team shots like this I liked to think about their relative speeds. Like Hercules needed a helluva headstart to get there the same time Angel and Ghost Rider showed up

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Those mother fuckers fought Godzilla! That was one of my very first marvel comics as a kid.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

poly and open-minded posted:

When I see team shots like this I liked to think about their relative speeds. Like Hercules needed a helluva headstart to get there the same time Angel and Ghost Rider showed up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r99RyZuMLRY&t=12s

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Those crossovers are way the gently caress better than they have any right to be.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Hawkeye's deaf? when the gently caress did that happen?

edit : nvm got it.

Hawkeye's pretty much always been at least partially deaf. It was something that happened in his very first solo series in the 80's and he wore hearing aids intermittently since.

I think he got more severely deafened in his more recent series.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zore posted:

Hawkeye's pretty much always been at least partially deaf. It was something that happened in his very first solo series in the 80's and he wore hearing aids intermittently since.

I think he got more severely deafened in his more recent series.

When he came back in Heroes Reborn he wasn't deaf because Franklin Richards didn't know he was deaf, he got redeafened (that's definitely not a real word) in the Fraction Hawkeye, but he's usually got Stark built hearing aids in.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Those crossovers are way the gently caress better than they have any right to be.

Given DC's execrable films, the same could be said about all of those CW live-action series. How they manage to gently caress up the tone on Superman so badly while nailing the tone of The Flash I'll never understand.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

ecavalli posted:

Given DC's execrable films, the same could be said about all of those CW live-action series. How they manage to gently caress up the tone on Superman so badly while nailing the tone of The Flash I'll never understand.

The Superman from the TV show is pretty great even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013