Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

when using the two joy cons as one controller, does anyone else have issues with their left joy con loving up? it seems like it isn't in sync with everything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

when using the two joy cons as one controller, does anyone else have issues with their left joy con loving up? it seems like it isn't in sync with everything else

I seem to recall something like this being a really big problem at launch but i never heard anything about it again, how old is your switch?

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Oh poo poo. I got it at launch. but I didn't get my second pair of joy cons at launch and it's the one doing it? maybe I just have the console in the wrong spot and th blue tooth or whatever isn't activating

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I noticed my left joycon had an issue that felt like lag, but turned out to be some issue with the thumbstick. it would linger on up sometimes when I released it to neutral. if you go into the controller settings and do the calibration you can see if it’s the same thing. (I heard you can’t do while if the joycons are attached to the switch for some reason.)

anyway calibration didn’t fix it and I also tried taking the rubber cap off and putting it back on and it’s got a million slot things and I couldn’t get it all the way on again so now it’s a little lumpy and it still has the problem but I’m just used to it. hope this helps.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

It's a known issue with launch left joycons. Mine does it too. It's a weak signal. If you contact Nintendo they might still be replacing them for free. Otherwise you have to get closer to the Switch for it to work normally.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've sent in second hand joycons for repair and Ninty replaced them for free even though they sent me a note saying they "couldn't replicate the issues" which was BS.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

thx everyone for the responses i will contact nintendo

i should also buy a pro controller

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

thx everyone for the responses i will contact nintendo

i should also buy a pro controller

The pro controller has the wrong kind of dpad.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Dunno if it helps with the left joycon issues but remember that you can run an update on the controllers from the settings menu. You have to do it manually, though. It’s not an automatic download like game updates or firmware.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'll never get a pro controller because being able to hold your hands at any location relative to each other is the most comfortable form of gaming, as Nintendo first discovered with the Wii.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I do not understand the need for a Pro Controller when you can attach the joycons to the little controller thingy, which creates a Perfect Controller.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

man nurse posted:

Dunno if it helps with the left joycon issues but remember that you can run an update on the controllers from the settings menu. You have to do it manually, though. It’s not an automatic download like game updates or firmware.

oh cool ill check it out

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah Nintendo had two different manufacturers for the Joycons at first, which is why some people have the issue and some don't. The ones with the issue are because the bluetooth antenna touches some metal and it creates a short or some weird poo poo like that. That's why Nintendo's fix was to put a little sponge on the metal lol

P-Mack posted:

The pro controller has the wrong kind of dpad.

it's lame you have to do this but it can be fixed with 4 pieces of electrical tape

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

buy a hori pokken controller for 20 dollars i fyou want a real dpad controller instead of nintendos 70 dollar piece of poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The hori pad doesn't have gyro in it if you're like me and need the latest an dgreatest in DualShock knockoffs to wave around in your hand while screaming at 10 year olds in Splatoon

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

how is the d-pad on the pro controller lovely? just based on pics it looks OK

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

most of them register diagonals sometimes when you press cardinal directions.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The hori lad is cheap and really good. Shame about no rumble or gyro though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
decided not to bother with either personally. but id like a bigger one of those grips the joy cons clip into

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i got the pro controller and i like it. i don't even have huge hands but they cramp up easily i guess so i prefer larger controllers. i got this thing https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CBJBQHG/ for mobile switchin and its perfect for me

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Send in both joycons if you can, i only got my left one fixed but now that I'm doing more undocked gaming I notice it in my right as well as the pair I bought well after launch, basically if anything is between you and the switch including like putting your feet up, the signal will probably get hosed up every now and then.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Just treated myself to Hollow Knight, is good at hell and I don't know what is happening.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I just got hollow knight too and it is good as hell, it lives up to and exceeds the hype

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bought it again for the switch to beat it for the dozenth time and have no regrets. also theres a Big Free Content update coming soon and there were a couple extra bosses on the switch version

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

pro controller has always been good to me

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the contact pads underneath are too big/sensitive in a way that can produce unintended diagonal inputs

you can apparently fix it by opening it up and using tape to make the contact area smaller

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Tales of Woe posted:

the contact pads underneath are too big/sensitive in a way that can produce unintended diagonal inputs

you can apparently fix it by opening it up and using tape to make the contact area smaller

Yeah I did this And it made a world of difference. I pressed left and right a million times in Street Fighter and didn't jump once. Before the fix I'd jump 20% of the time.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I learned how to Ghetto Jump today in order to skip the Dark Suit in Metroid Prime 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is ghetto jumping when you slide up walls. That was fun to learn when getting the plasma beam early in MP1.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nintendo saying they will release 20 indies a week on the switch is making me worry

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Today is the third anniversary of the passing of Iwata-san

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Plutonis posted:

Nintendo saying they will release 20 indies a week on the switch is making me worry

it'll take a few years but before long it's gonna be steam 2

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Plutonis posted:

All the games im interested in are delayed indefinitely or mia (smt v, metroid, bayo3)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

an actual dog posted:

it'll take a few years but before long it's gonna be steam 2

every console is like this, have you looked at the Recently Added tabs on storefronts. theres a dizzyign amount of releases every day.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

like this got front billing on the psn store for a day once

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM523jjrvf4

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Frenz posted:

All the games im interested in are delayed indefinitely or mia (smt v, metroid, bayo3)

all 3 of those got "okay, we just started working on this" announcements in the past year, not really time for mia status yet.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

time to play Golf

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

oh they removed it from the firmware apparently. good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012