Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So will CAW packs for the PS4 FPW have to be on a thumb drive with files from the net like FPR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It's not that they're totally alien but they don't seem to give satisfying matches against edits I've downloaded. Maybe it's the other edits that are the problem.

I do, however, tend to do lowish stats and thus far haven't used the special attributes like Reborn and stuff.
Over on the Fire Pro boards, there's some deep discussion about edit stats and abilities, with different editors having different philosophies. It's pretty interesting, I think. Some people say offense should be low, defense should be high. Others say offense should be high, defense should be low. Some say the thing the character uses the most should be low, and the things they rarely use should be high. The only consensus I've seen is that Hardbody is broken and shouldn't ever be used, and Reborn should only be used for Antonio Inoki and maybe Okada.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So will CAW packs for the PS4 FPW have to be on a thumb drive with files from the net like FPR?
Nobody knows yet, and honestly at this stage that's kind of concerning.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Hardbody is fine, honestly. You just have to understand what it *does*. An edit with hardbody is completely immune to being pinned below a certain damage threshold. They are basically immune to rollups and being pinned by "Smaller" non-finisher moves. It's basically perfect for WWE PPV main event type edits, for instance, assuming you're fine with fluke rollups not happening.

I often switch an edit's special skill to Hardbody when I'm capturing a title match, to simulate PPV resiliency.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/twitch/status/1014615650482966528

Takuan
May 6, 2007

~Tonight! Live @8:05 EST GAME Pro Wrestling presents the Star Cup Finals~

- Full Card:
-Lucha Rules 6-Man Tag Match
Tracer, Faith Conners & Rydia vs The World Famous Soda Gals(Lola Cola, Pepita Cola & Sarita Spritz)
-Tag Team Match-
The Sons of Light(Megaman & Protoman) vs Chun-Li & 2B
-TIME BOMB MATCH
Hugo Andore vs NEMESIS
-6-Man Tag Match
Duke Nukem, Solid Snake, & Samus Aran vs Dracula, Goro Majima & D’Vorah
-Student vs Teacher Match
Rainbow Mika vs Zangief
-Loser Leaves Town Match
Bass Armstrong vs Tina Armstrong
-No Disqualification Match
King Bowser vs Ganondorf
-GAME Pro Wrestling vs The World Match
Scorpion vs The Great Muta
-Tornado Cage Co-Op Championship Match
Executioner Smough & Dragonslayer Ormstein(c) vs The Returners(Terra Branford & Sabin Figaro)
-Star Cup Final Match
Trevor Belmont vs Mettaton
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

-Injury Report! Frank West needed several stitches after getting his head split open by an unprotected chairshot from Hugo, and will be out for 2 weeks. Cody suffered a broken rib after an errant Green Missile from Luigi and is expected to be out for about a month. Finally, THE DOOMSLAYER has a confirmed return date of July 26.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
My CAW stats tend to be pretty standardized (with adjustments to fit the wrestler's style) and I tend to avoid the special attributes besides Finisher. I try to keep things fairly even between everyone and let the results ride out VGCW style. I'm not one for trying to set a winner up or try to get a specific kind of match/finish (exception would be that I have the Rest Holds mod enabled to avoid random sub finishes). Sometimes matches are kinda meh, but other times you get some great organic moments or hilarious finishes like when I got a double count-out because the wrestlers hit signatures on each other on the outside and didn't get back in time. Vince would have been proud.

EDIT: Might as well post the clip!
https://clips.twitch.tv/MuddyPoisedRadicchioDxCat

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 6, 2018

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
For a while I did everyone at 204, but I've been dialing back and can get results I'm happy with at 195.

I do try and force an outcome sometimes (the mods make that easy), but I really don't like having guys who are too powerful. There are a few CAWs I've subscribed to that I'm trying to figure out what to do with.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

195-204 points? drat thats a lot, most of my edits are a good ways below that.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I've got two promotions, a serious one and a joke one, for the serious one I've got my "main event" at about 180 points with the joke one capping out at 150 and a lot of them in the 120-140 range.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

My CAW stats tend to be pretty standardized (with adjustments to fit the wrestler's style) and I tend to avoid the special attributes besides Finisher. I try to keep things fairly even between everyone and let the results ride out VGCW style. I'm not one for trying to set a winner up or try to get a specific kind of match/finish (exception would be that I have the Rest Holds mod enabled to avoid random sub finishes). Sometimes matches are kinda meh, but other times you get some great organic moments or hilarious finishes like when I got a double count-out because the wrestlers hit signatures on each other on the outside and didn't get back in time. Vince would have been proud.

EDIT: Might as well post the clip!
https://clips.twitch.tv/MuddyPoisedRadicchioDxCat

One of the things I love about Fire Pro is how well, and how often, it can put together compelling, or at least entertaining, matches and finishes. I especially like it when a edit busts out a move you didn't even know they had. My all-time favorite stupid match ending was a match between Tanahashi and... I think Masahiro Chono? They were brawling on the outside, Tanahashi goes in at 17 and Chono is stunned outside. Tanahashi did a dive to the outside at 19 and the match ended in a double countout.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

OK but when's brawl 4 all 5

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Takuan posted:

One of the things I love about Fire Pro is how well, and how often, it can put together compelling, or at least entertaining, matches and finishes. I especially like it when a edit busts out a move you didn't even know they had. My all-time favorite stupid match ending was a match between Tanahashi and... I think Masahiro Chono? They were brawling on the outside, Tanahashi goes in at 17 and Chono is stunned outside. Tanahashi did a dive to the outside at 19 and the match ended in a double countout.

That's amazing hahaha

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
My custom character has been KO'd--not pinned, not submitted, not counted out--straight-up KO'd by Krang in every tournament I've ran.

I decided to make him my rival and introduce a new finisher for myself that's a brain buster. Except I'm a loving idiot, and Krang's brain is in the stomach of the giant robot, and if I want to beat Krang I really ought to make my finisher into a lung-blower.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Junpei Hyde posted:

OK but when's brawl 4 all 5

Not til someone makes a promo video for the main event.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Veryslightlymad posted:

My custom character has been KO'd--not pinned, not submitted, not counted out--straight-up KO'd by Krang in every tournament I've ran.

I decided to make him my rival and introduce a new finisher for myself that's a brain buster. Except I'm a loving idiot, and Krang's brain is in the stomach of the giant robot, and if I want to beat Krang I really ought to make my finisher into a lung-blower.

There's a pretty strong gut-punch you could use. Or a corner-to-center shotgun/John Woo dropkick.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

one more month for fire pro on playstation

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Veryslightlymad posted:

Gutbuster.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I recently picked up WWE 2k18 for PS4 at a fairly deep discount it's the first one I've owned since 2K15, and it's pretty cool so far. I've only played a couple matches, devoting most of my time to messing with the Creative modes, especially the new Create an Entrance which seems rad, as well as setting up my three brand Raw is waR vs Nitro vs current Smackdown Universe just so. I started a MyPlayer but haven't done much but work out with Tye Dillinger and tell Albert I didnt know who Shinsuke Nakamura was. The match creator is also cool, i made a 4v4 Elimination Tag so I could finally do Survivor Series.

E: for whatever other problems the game might have, the roster is astounding. Attitude era guys, classic guys, all sorts of guys. Also Shane Thorne

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 11, 2018

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Yeah, it's a deep-rear end roster with a lot of creative suite stuff to fiddle with. My two beefs are:

- the baffling restrictions on custom matches. As far as I can tell, you can't do a 6 or 8 man No DQ elimination match for example or like a Hell in a Cell elimination match. Makes no sense.

- All wrestlers and all moves feel very similar in terms of movement. If you run a Kalisto vs Big Show or Daniel Bryan vs Vader, there's almost no difference in how "heavy" they are relative to each other. The small guys run a little faster but even the AI doesn't seem to try to use agile guys differently than heavy guys. It would just be nice to have some AI and speed variety.

Other than that, creating my own roster and my own Universe shows is a lot of fun. Pentagon Jr and Miz are feuding over an IC title, the Golden Lovers just beat Minoru Suzuki and William Regal for tag belts, and Dr. Steve Brule is running wild all over RAW

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Move-sets are really badly done in the Smackdown series, and every year I would go through them and fix them. The awesome and enormous rosters of recent years have made this an onerous task, which I actually just straight up decided not to do this year. The game is just not fun enough to want to put in the work.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

OH poo poo, nLSLIP LIVES AGAIN

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes dead is better

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Welcome Mike "nL Slip" Borga

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.

remusclaw posted:

Move-sets are really badly done in the Smackdown series, and every year I would go through them and fix them. The awesome and enormous rosters of recent years have made this an onerous task, which I actually just straight up decided not to do this year. The game is just not fun enough to want to put in the work.

I don't know if it's a running gag on their end or what... but Zack Ryder used a 450 Splash ONE TIME as a near-fall in a US title match with John Cena and it's been an alternate finisher in 2k games ever since.

But I also heard a funny story from Christian about how he gave Ryder carte blanche for a match and all he came up with was "... TIGER BOMB" so now I can't help but make it a Signature move.

I think I know too much about Zack Ryder.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

~Last time on GAME PRO WRESTLING~!
-Faith Conners capitalized on her momentum from the previous week, pinning Sarita Spritz in a 6-man tag
-After that 6-man tag, Tracer was ambushed by Johnny Cage dressed in a Reaper costume. Cage’s motives remain unknown.
-Chun-Li & 2B were defeated Megaman & Protoman by knockout. After the match, Protoman turned on Megaman and was joined by Dr Wily and ROB. Chun-Li and 2B helped Megaman fight Wily, ROB and Protoman back after the ambush.
-NEMESIS defeated Hugo in a TIME BOMB match when Hugo was knocked out by the explosion. The full extent of Hugo’s injuries are currently unknown.
-Dracula, Majima, & D’Vorah defeated Duke Nukem, Solid Snake & Samus when Majima pinned Samus with a Samurai Bomb. After the match, Dracula was ambushed by THE DOOMSLAYER.
-Tina Armstrong defeated Bass Armstrong in a Loser Leaves Town match.
-Ganondorf defeated King Bowser in a one-sided match.
-The Returners defeated Smough & Ormstein when Sabin pinned Dragonslayer Ormstein with Suplex! The! Train! to become the new PCGP Co-Op Champions
-Mettaton defeated Trevor Belmont to win the Star Cup.

~Tonight! Live @8:05 EST ~
- It’s Chozo Warfare! 19 of GAME Pro Wrestling’s top competitors plus A New Challenger compete in a No-DQ, Timed Entrance, Elimination Match to become the first Pan-Console Grand Prix World Champion!
-Plus, on the undercard, Protoman & R.O.B. vs Double Dragon and Samus Aran vs Starman, and more!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Happy Happyist posted:

I don't know if it's a running gag on their end or what... but Zack Ryder used a 450 Splash ONE TIME as a near-fall in a US title match with John Cena and it's been an alternate finisher in 2k games ever since.

But I also heard a funny story from Christian about how he gave Ryder carte blanche for a match and all he came up with was "... TIGER BOMB" so now I can't help but make it a Signature move.

I think I know too much about Zack Ryder.

He did it the night after WM against Kevin Owens too, it was his undoing as he whiffed

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

I recently picked up WWE 2k18 for PS4 at a fairly deep discount it's the first one I've owned since 2K15, and it's pretty cool so far. I've only played a couple matches, devoting most of my time to messing with the Creative modes, especially the new Create an Entrance which seems rad, as well as setting up my three brand Raw is waR vs Nitro vs current Smackdown Universe just so. I started a MyPlayer but haven't done much but work out with Tye Dillinger and tell Albert I didnt know who Shinsuke Nakamura was. The match creator is also cool, i made a 4v4 Elimination Tag so I could finally do Survivor Series.

E: for whatever other problems the game might have, the roster is astounding. Attitude era guys, classic guys, all sorts of guys. Also Shane Thorne

Thanks to this post I decided to grab the game plus dlc for about $30 cause it's on sale right now. I'm the same too, last one I got was 15 so a gap about this long seems to be the sweet spot. At least until we get (we wont) a new game with the aki engine.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

A Japanese web article announced the next two Fire Pro DLCs, releasing in "autumn" will be Fire Promoter(at 2,160 Yen) and a Junior Heavyweight story mode(at 1,600 yen), with a third unannounced DLC at some point in the future. The Jr Heavyweight DLC will come with 2 Junior stars(Ospreay and Dragon Lee), 1 Junior Tag Team(SHO & YOH), 3 semi-retired guys(Liger, Tiger Mask, and Rocky) and 2 heavyweights (Yujiro & Trent).

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Takuan posted:

A Japanese web article announced the next two Fire Pro DLCs, releasing in "autumn" will be Fire Promoter(at 2,160 Yen) and a Junior Heavyweight story mode(at 1,600 yen), with a third unannounced DLC at some point in the future. The Jr Heavyweight DLC will come with 2 Junior stars(Ospreay and Dragon Lee), 1 Junior Tag Team(SHO & YOH), 3 semi-retired guys(Liger, Tiger Mask, and Rocky) and 2 heavyweights (Yujiro & Trent).

Buying for Big Yuj

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tonfa posted:

Buying for Greg

Fixed that for you

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I love the weird work/shoot hybrid that WWE 2K18 presents in MyPlayer mode where Albert talks about how you have to work with your opponent to entertain the fans but then Bobby Roode shocks everyone by doing a shoot runin on you. It's fascinating.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

I love the weird work/shoot hybrid that WWE 2K18 presents in MyPlayer mode where Albert talks about how you have to work with your opponent to entertain the fans but then Bobby Roode shocks everyone by doing a shoot runin on you. It's fascinating.

Wait till you get to the main roster!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

I'm excited. The other thing I think is hilarious is how everyone hangs out backstage, which is fine, and my Universe constantly has Akam and Rezar palling around with me, which is rad, but since everyone backstage is in their entrance gear. they decided to chat with me while wearing their full faceless riot masks.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm excited. The other thing I think is hilarious is how everyone hangs out backstage, which is fine, and my Universe constantly has Akam and Rezar palling around with me, which is rad, but since everyone backstage is in their entrance gear. they decided to chat with me while wearing their full faceless riot masks.

Ah so it's working as intended.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

So after my heroic face run in NXT as a champion of the people, I have now made it to Raw and am inexplicably now Samoa Joe's manager and am beating up Seth Rollins backstage for reasons that are still not clear to me. Also Samoa Joe said "Yeah, getting some contact basking here." to me.

Realistic!

E: after three weeks of being Joe's heater, i then got yelled at by vince for not being aggressive, fought Zack Ryder in the semi main for no reason, then the last three weeks have been
-beat up Sami Zayn backstage for no reason
-attack Sami Zayn with hammer during his entrance
-beat up Sami Zayn backstage again because Mick Foley said I can't wrestle this week.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 14, 2018

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Takuan posted:

SHO and YOH? Ospready and Dragon Lee? Their respective movesets in the game? Yeeeeessss. :shepspends:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yay, can't wait to go through my first BOSJ with 0 points!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

NL Wrestlemania Pre-show is on!
https://www.twitch.tv/newLEGACYinc

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

remusclaw posted:

NL Wrestlemania Pre-show is on!
https://www.twitch.tv/newLEGACYinc

Checking this out during slow spots on the UFC show, although their Universe stuff doesn't do much for me simply because 2K18 is such a goddam loving terrible game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Checking this out during slow spots on the UFC show, although their Universe stuff doesn't do much for me simply because 2K18 is such a goddam loving terrible game.

That's what makes it fun to me. Why can't a match just start with a first move phoenix plex or end in a double count out because both guys keep running into the ring post forever