Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
2/11 on the DU lucky. Potato LMR (my only tech for him), Cloud USB2 - excellent I didn't get this on banner 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Cloud is good but not great. Not having Snowspell Strike or LM2 really hinders USB2. Also if it isn’t clear the chase will never break the damage cap because of its microscopic multiplier. It’s just a flavor text.

I did try to combine usb1 and 2 but the results were not worth the effort of using both.

Maybe it’d be different with a chain. Can’t test that.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
1/11 for some Type-0 idiot I'm never going to use.

Andante
Jul 3, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

1/11 for some Type-0 idiot I'm never going to use.

As someone who has never played Type Zero, I find the characters extremely difficult to tell apart. Much more so than for any of the other Final Fantasy games I haven't played. The combination of names which are numbers and identical costumes renders them completely interchangeable to me.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

None of them are named after numbers afaik - Cinque, Rem, Deuce, King, Ace... if anything half of them seem to have a cards theme.

That said I consider myself a FF fan but never heard of type-0 before FFRK, seems like one of those lame sidegames, so kind of surprising it gets so much focus - maybe it's really popular in jp?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I seriously have the game sitting on my shelf right now. It's been there for over two years and I have never touched it. Maybe I should?

Plus whoever I got the BSB for was fire elemental and I already have Terra Vivi Locke Sabin Vincent and Gilgamesh stuff, as well as people like Bartz that aren't strictly fire element but can do fire damage. And there's like a hundred fire skills on the horizon.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Ace bsb? Cause instant phys blink on a mage is nice to have, he enables my Isgebird clear at the moment.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

eelmonger posted:

Which one? One of his is a rare +wind on a physically oriented weapon.

Meanwhile, I was hoping for some XIV or 0 synergy and got Aerith BSB1 (dupe)/11. I need to stop pulling on these. Although, in theory, the pools are only going to get better now that we're done with new SSBs.

its the one that gives the party haste, i didnt actually look at the details.

slink_bot
Aug 1, 2016

Avalerion posted:

None of them are named after numbers afaik - Cinque, Rem, Deuce, King, Ace... if anything half of them seem to have a cards theme.

That said I consider myself a FF fan but never heard of type-0 before FFRK, seems like one of those lame sidegames, so kind of surprising it gets so much focus - maybe it's really popular in jp?

I think all but two of the playable characters in Type 0 are named after cards, including the numbers 2-10 (Rem and Machina are the exceptions). Some of them are just in different languages (Cinque=5, Deuce=2, etc).

Also, Type 0 is apart of the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy's 'expanded universe' of sorts. It shares most of the same concepts with Final Fantasy XIII, like the L'cie, Fal'cie and junk, but the world is ultimately separate from the actual trilogy.

I have no idea why it's getting so much attention now though. Maybe because it got an HD port a few years ago? I hadn't heard of it either until the LP of it started here, so :shrug:.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
New JP daily draw rates.

:pusheen:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i guess their f2p engagement numbers really took a dive

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Any chance of that being fast-tracked over here? (Ha. No.)

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
https://youtu.be/REjo6hgXieI

Video of Cloud and Bartz comparing their wind game.

Initially there’s no question but once the USBs are up Cloud finally does slightly more damage. Per hit. Because Bartz has quickcast and should still have a higher dps.

Cloud being slow and using a 5* ability also means you won’t usb asb in a sub30 run without external help. In that run he gets 4x HQC from Elarra and it’s still not even close.

But yeah Cloud is good but he’s no Bartz, TGC, Squall, Tidus etc.

I wish I could do some testing with a chain but gacha did not relent.

If someone wants to see it I can take a video of USB1+USB2 action too.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Is Bartz with just an OSB worth levelling? He has that delicious spellblade dualcast LM.

I was going to use my mythril this month to try and make my Ramza worth a poo poo since I have his Chain (and NOTHING else), but I can save to spend on Bartz instead if he's that good?

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Is Bartz with just an OSB worth levelling? He has that delicious spellblade dualcast LM.

I was going to use my mythril this month to try and make my Ramza worth a poo poo since I have his Chain (and NOTHING else), but I can save to spend on Bartz instead if he's that good?

Bartz is a good character, but OSBs are kinda underwhelming if you can't pair them with a +infuse element soul break.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

saltylopez posted:

Bartz is a good character, but OSBs are kinda underwhelming if you can't pair them with a +infuse element soul break.

its sort of funny because my brain has imprinted "osb = not worth a bar ever" and then sometimes i remember that TG Cid can solo some encounters just by being fed bars and casting his over and over. its kind of great.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Ramza with just chain is plenty to make him useful, if anything trying to make him dps might be too much.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Avalerion posted:

Ramza with just chain is plenty to make him useful, if anything trying to make him dps might be too much.

Oh yeah for sure he's useful, but he doesn't do much in between other than spam Assault Sabre. I usually have Celes and Beatrix using their BSBs to consistently hit the damage cap and he's stuck at like 6k. Entrusts and Breaks, I suppose?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Oh yeah for sure he's useful, but he doesn't do much in between other than spam Assault Sabre. I usually have Celes and Beatrix using their BSBs to consistently hit the damage cap and he's stuck at like 6k. Entrusts and Breaks, I suppose?

*shrug* Maybe I'm being sub-optimal but my JP Holy team is my A-Team and it pretty much doesn't matter what Ramza does after casting his Chain. Almost everything dies before Agrias and Meliadoul get much past casting their first SBs, maybe taking a little longer if I need my Healer to carry Mako Might instead of Beatrix.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Yea wrath/entrust is probably going to be the best route for him, he can do breaks but generally when you need those, you need a lot, so someone with a break sb might be better in the debuff role.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

MarquiseMindfang posted:

now granted i have ramza LMR but even before i did i dont think i ever did anything but wrath/entrust with him

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Not the best use of 25 mythril, as I don’t see myself using Reno without a relevant soul break. The BSB does give me an excuse to keep the exp dungeon train rolling so I can keep leveling magicites :v:

peekaboo gangster
Sep 12, 2003

Never... never not pull. Hopefully now I'll be able to segue into some 4* magicites; lord knows I've got enough stuff to do it with, especially with now Yuffie's AOSB, USB1, and BSB, as well as a complete legend dive. Every time I try to go up against one, though, I get boned. Does anybody have any recommendations for getting into the next level of endgame content? I've got a spreadsheet of all my unique character relics so that I can try and keep track of my characters, but all my combinations at trying the 4*s have met with hilarious failure. I've got a fair amount of people dived as well, but again am not sure if I've thrown my motes at the wrong people because "ooh, Setzer." :downs:

peekaboo gangster fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 11, 2018

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I went 1/11 Cloud BSB1, which is a dupe from a previous lucky.

I'm trying to remind myself of of the time a lucky gave me Rosa USB but nope, this is a poo poo draw and hopefully I'm done with luckies.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Figured "why not" on the lucky banner.

Sephiroth BSB2, Ace LM, Red XII SSB, Rem OSB

Al
Ways
Pull

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Assuming that's 6k per hit on assualt saber, that's still a ton of damage. Not hitting the damage cap doesn't mean a character shouldn't be dpsing. In my sub-30 Hades clear, my dedicated dps characters were doing around 5k per hit.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 11, 2018

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

From last night:

I now have USBs for every Type 0 character except the two I really want USBs on. (And Queen, I guess, because Queen exists.) Feels frustrating, man. :negative:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ace and Rufus LMRs.

Always Never Pull.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm ready for torment!

Having USBs for Delita and Mustadio means I definitely want to go for fire damage. The main question is whether I want to go for Orlandeau (just OSB) or Agrias (enholy SSB, OSB, w-cast knight LMR) for my third dps slot. Agrias would probably be better just due to her higher hit count.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Some Buster Sword that looked neat until I saw it was for Angeal, a poison burst of some sort I think it was Thancred? ah well, both new

had a rather silly tactic for that xiv fire weak torment. Involved Vivi using both his bursts in a row and then the OSB just for buff reasons. He has a lot of abilities that either make him fall over or be sad. also terra threw fire everywhere and some other stuff happened

fake edit: also those gigases are rude but I stomped them anyway

fake edit 2: ha, Gi Nattak got finished off by Cloud USB doing 75,000 damage a hit. drat I love wind weak enemies

not sure I'm gonna finish them all, not entirely sure I can be bothered with the rest. maybe one with bravery motes

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Orlandeau would be better with that setup because he can access Fire via Samurai.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Prav posted:

we've got the wind quadstrike now, but yeah cloud has really lovely ability access for his element and LM

"Oh, I got Cloud's USB. Nothing else for Cloud but I guess I can dive him for doublecast combat and use him as another NE guy alongside Vaan and Noctis. Sure both he and Noct use Combat but I can have one use Omega Drive and the other use... um... anything there?"

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 11, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

Orlandeau would be better with that setup because he can access Fire via Samurai.

On the other hand, hitting 5 or 10 times per turn would help the realm chain a lot more than Orlandeau's 4. Also Orlandeau only has one fire boost while Agrias would have two holy boosts, plus an enholy from her SSB.

Yeah, definitely going with Agrias.

Generalissimo
Jun 13, 2003

peekaboo gangster posted:

Hopefully now I'll be able to segue into some 4* magicites; lord knows I've got enough stuff to do it with, especially with now Yuffie's AOSB, USB1, and BSB, as well as a complete legend dive. Every time I try to go up against one, though, I get boned. Does anybody have any recommendations for getting into the next level of endgame content?

I had trouble reading the spreadsheet so I reformatted it. In case anyone else is looking, here it is:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mU_-OExQiVwyWICRnKeHFBf31h3ABNED94_YlokhkOY/edit?usp=sharing

It looks like you have a buff Kain. Could try building a team around his chain to beat Kraken. Maybe Lightning w/USB, Onion Knight pUSB, a dedicated entruster, and a healer? I see you have Aphmau's USB. I don't have it myself but the instant cast sounds great.

Skimming through the mastery thread on Reddit it looks like you have all the SBs this guy used:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/7seu11/4_star_magicite_dungeons_savage_kraken_clear/dtf061r/

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it all works out for me because in the 2 years it's going to take me to start bothering with magicites i'm sure that the arcane ultra overstrike super glint chain soul breaks they'll have introduced by then will let me power through them no problem

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Just LD'd yuffie yesterday, got a chance to use her today on a water weak torment and hollllyyyy poo poo does she poo poo out damage, I've got her USB2 and BSB2; I foolishly used bsb2 instead of USB, but raging waters hitting 14 times in a row for 6-8.5k hurts things a lot.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

argh finished all of the torments except FF7 300, which I was in the process of and the 250 and 300 of gigas. Not too bad for like 4 days lol.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Announcements says NuTorments are up, I don't see em.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The first challenge is finding them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bruceski posted:

"Oh, I got Cloud's USB. Nothing else for Cloud but I guess I can dive him for doublecast combat and use him as another NE guy alongside Vaan and Noctis. Sure both he and Noct use Combat but I can have one use Omega Drive and the other use... um... anything there?"

its not ideal but if you can get enough bar with noctis to be using his SSB often you can use full charge as a pseudo omega drive.