Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Monk E posted:

Yea it failing to make the Yokai Watch lightning strike twice was kind of a forgone conclusion that said I would certainly be up for more Fantasy Life.

Before Snack World was even close to coming out, Level-5 had already announced their next cross-media project, it's a sorta retro giant robot game that ties into old-school die-cast metal toys of the characters or something. They can't help but oversaturate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

After the way Little Battlers Experience turned out I can't wait to see how badly things go with yet another Level-5 robot franchise.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Didn't they also oversee a really awful Gundam series? I don't follow Gundam, I just remember everybody who watched it complaining about how terrible it was.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 11, 2018

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Policenaut posted:

After the way Little Battlers Experience turned out I can't wait to see how badly things go with yet another Level-5 robot franchise.

The sad thing is that LBX is really good, but nobody seems to want to buy it :negative:.

Monk E
May 19, 2009
How well did the model kits do? I have a feeling the sales on those had just as much to do with investment into the series as how well the actual games did.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The sad thing is that LBX is really good, but nobody seems to want to buy it :negative:.

I bought it and tried to get into it but it was too much whatever. I didn't know what I was doing. Got to a point where I kept getting nuked from across the screen and gave up.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Monk E posted:

How well did the model kits do? I have a feeling the sales on those had just as much to do with investment into the series as how well the actual games did.

What, for Gundam AGE? They sold like crap and everyone involved just tries to pretend that whole series never happened.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Monk E posted:

Yeah, those did quite well, hence why it stuck around so long despite the kids market not really being all that into it.

Yokai Watch is the same way in a lot of territories outside of Japan - the games aren't unsuccessful and even the anime does okay, but the whole merchandising aspect failed to catch on.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yokai Watch watches and Skylanders Imaginators starter kits were lining up aisles of Toys R Us in their final few days.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

It was renamed to Fantasy Life Online.
Not to be confused with True Fantasy Live Online, which still bums me out whenever I think about it even after a decade and a half

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Didn't they also oversee a really awful Gundam series? I don't follow Gundam, I just remember everybody who watched it complaining about how terrible it was.

Age was terrible yeah.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yokai Watch watches and Skylanders Imaginators starter kits were lining up aisles of Toys R Us in their final few days.

When I went to my Toys R Us on the last day, when they were just selling fixtures only, I could see a bunch of Yokai and Skylanders poo poo in the back. I wonder if they just ended up throwing it all away.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Captain Toad demo is up on the eShop.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

godspeed, capitan todd

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's Captain Toad, all right. Just like the real thing, only smaller.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

How much new stuff is there because I loved it on Wii U but I'm probably not gonna buy it again

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

It has some new Super Mario Odyssey-themed levels, but I think I read somewhere that they took out some Super Mario 3D World levels or something?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Help Im Alive posted:

How much new stuff is there because I loved it on Wii U but I'm probably not gonna buy it again

Not a lot - they took out the old 3D World stages and replaced them with four new Odyssey stages, and the sprite hunt mode that used to require an amiibo is now part of the base game, that's pretty much it. The Switch version also has a Galaxy-style co-op mode where the second player can aimlessly shoot at crap.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I see SMT Apocalypse is on an actual good sale for once

is it good?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Insurrectionist posted:

is it good?

Target?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yes

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

EU eshop

Guess I'll have to get it once I've tried the Wario Ware demo, it's on sale for a while longer thankfully

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Insurrectionist posted:

is it good?
It's a considerable improvement on SMT4 in pretty much every way, except the final final dungeon. I would recommend it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Isn’t some of the level design the workings of a madman?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I think that was the Strange Journey port?

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries
I just started Bravely Default for the first time and oh man that intro is cheesy as heck.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Isn’t some of the level design the workings of a madman?

Only an optional dungeon, the rest rules.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Is this the thread to share friend codes? Mine is 2337-9448-5712. I'm looking specifically for people with Bravely Default and Bravely Second on their profile, but I'll take anyone.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
This is a weird question but are the buttons for the 2DS XL (like the Hyrule edition one) any quieter than the buttons for the 3DS XL? I never knew how clicky the buttons were until I tried to play it in bed and my fiancee, who can sleep through anything without stirring, woke up because she noticed how loud the buttons were. I'll give up the 3D I never use if it means I can play Dragon Quest VII in bed.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

This is a weird question but are the buttons for the 2DS XL (like the Hyrule edition one) any quieter than the buttons for the 3DS XL? I never knew how clicky the buttons were until I tried to play it in bed and my fiancee, who can sleep through anything without stirring, woke up because she noticed how loud the buttons were. I'll give up the 3D I never use if it means I can play Dragon Quest VII in bed.

No, my 2DS XL's buttons are super clicky

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
My 2DS non-XL buttons are clicky as well.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
RIP

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I think some sort of debris (probably a small piece of rubber from the broken thumbstick) has worked its way into the inner workings of the thumbstick mechanism and causes the stick to get caught and jam. I plan to replace the thumbstick anyways, so will following these instructions give me enough access to the mechanism to find and remove the debris?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm really tempted to get that 150 dollar new 3ds xl from Amazon but it looks like an SNES and I already have a 2DS XL.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cojawfee posted:

I'm really tempted to get that 150 dollar new 3ds xl from Amazon but it looks like an SNES and I already have a 2DS XL.

You should get it. The 3D on New systems owns.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Warioware demo's up in the US, they apparently also renovated the eShop so all the tabs are about Wario.

I think the Sanrio Picross game actually came out this week, too.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I got the SNES 3DS and the 3D is pretty neat but it doesn't really like my glasses. :/

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Ugh I'm kicking myself for not ordering the new 3DS on sale during prime day. I already have a Switch, but my old 3DS XL is a bit beat up and I really want to play SNES games

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Well if I decide I don't really need the 3D and stick with my 2DSXL, you can buy mine for the 150 (plus shipping) I paid for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
This 3D is pretty neat but don't think I really need it. Plus I don't really like the SNES aesthetic for the 3DS. I think I'm gonna return this.