Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That inline 6 sounds strangely like a v8 :v:

Charles posted:

I thought they died like ten years ago.

They did. Bought out by a Chinese company who use the name and the designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Test drove a new Challenger SCAT Pack last night. I was thoroughly unimpressed with the performance until we saw the button for Super Track Mode and holy poo poo the sound and fury that followed.

After driving both, leaning towards a Challenger 392 SCAT Shaker because it is cheaper than the Challenger and I love the Shaker as I am a child.

Upstate NY winter though. Ugh. Luckily my wife has a Jeep and I don't drive anywhere every day.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

fknlo posted:

I make lights that no one else makes all the time by simply briskly accelerating up to the speed limit when leaving the previous light.

Is there any other kind?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Flyinglemur posted:

Upstate NY winter though. Ugh. Luckily my wife has a Jeep and I don't drive anywhere every day.
Is this a humblebrag or what? Driving a challenger in the winter sounds awesome, just get a good set of winter tires. Big heavy car will work to your advantage.

I hear you on the shaker though. :hf:

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

The Challenger being 4" off the ground won't help, though.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wallaka posted:

The Challenger being 4" off the ground won't help, though.

Just fit a snow plow to the front.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Powershift posted:

I plowed through so much snow in my AWD ATS with snow tires this past winter that I jammed up some kind of active aero in the front bumper which threw a check engine light. If I could fit a tiny snowplow to the front of it I totally would.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Now I want to see someone start a plow business with a Challenger.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Now I want to see someone start a plow business with a Challenger.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

hahah god drat

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
jesus christ

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

:drat:

I was going to propose this for snow challenging:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Flyinglemur posted:

Test drove a new Challenger SCAT Pack last night. I was thoroughly unimpressed with the performance until we saw the button for Super Track Mode and holy poo poo the sound and fury that followed.

After driving both, leaning towards a Challenger 392 SCAT Shaker because it is cheaper than the Challenger and I love the Shaker as I am a child.

A buddy of mine has a poop group challenger and is also thoroughly unimpressed with the grip. That stupid car only has 245 section tires out back. He's replacing the factory wheels/tires with the Hellcat setup which he tells me puts 305s out back. 245s on a car that big and heavy just seems lame. Cmon dodge.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

They know their majority market wants to burnout at red lights and only take turns at sub-30.

255s are the barest minimum I'd consider for 400+hp cars.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jul 8, 2018

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
There’s a $2200 option package on the Scat Pack cars that adds in the upgraded brakes, 275 tires, and wheels from the SRT.

The Hellcat also comes from the factory with 275s lol

heated game moment fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jul 8, 2018

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Well every one they wreck is a potential new sale

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Flyinglemur posted:

Someone at my work has a shaker scat in this lovely dark green with the upgraded wheels and tires. My man child brain immediately locks onto it every time I see and I end up staring at it for a minute. Are you considering the manual or automatic? From what I've seen the 8-speed auto is actually really good.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Mental Hospitality posted:

Someone at my work has a shaker scat in this lovely dark green with the upgraded wheels and tires. My man child brain immediately locks onto it every time I see and I end up staring at it for a minute. Are you considering the manual or automatic? From what I've seen the 8-speed auto is actually really good.

I can shave about fifteen hundred off the price with the manual.

Sole Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
If you can wait a few months, it may be worth waiting for the 2019s. You will be able to get a widebody package on the R/T Scat Pack. Although the Widebody package will probably be mutually exclusive with the Shaker package.

https://moparinsiders.com/spotted-2019-dodge-challenger-r-t-scat-pack-widebody-on-the-street/

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
The widebody is cool I wish they would put it on the Charger. Also not sure what the point of stepping up to the SRT is since the scat pack will now get the fully adjustable suspension and iirc that’s the only performance related difference between them that wasn’t available as an option. Think it has the nice sound system and some interior stuff but that’s it

Sole Survivor
Aug 21, 2009

Anal Del Raytheon posted:

The widebody is cool I wish they would put it on the Charger. Also not sure what the point of stepping up to the SRT is since the scat pack will now get the fully adjustable suspension and iirc that’s the only performance related difference between them that wasn’t available as an option. Think it has the nice sound system and some interior stuff but that’s it

Both the Charger and Challenger SRT 392 are gone for 2019. You can now get every single SRT 392 feature on the R/T Scat Pack with the sole exception of the flat bottom steering wheel.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Sole Survivor posted:

If you can wait a few months, it may be worth waiting for the 2019s. You will be able to get a widebody package on the R/T Scat Pack. Although the Widebody package will probably be mutually exclusive with the Shaker package.

https://moparinsiders.com/spotted-2019-dodge-challenger-r-t-scat-pack-widebody-on-the-street/

I would love a wide body kit but as of now I'm not exactly sure if a regular charger will fit in our garage. The Next Step before I pull the trigger will be to test drive one into the garage and see what happens. Hopefully I'm not actually driving it into the garage

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Flyinglemur posted:

I would love a wide body kit but as of now I'm not exactly sure if a regular charger will fit in our garage. The Next Step before I pull the trigger will be to test drive one into the garage and see what happens. Hopefully I'm not actually driving it into the garage

Do you not own a tape measure?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I think there is a noticeable difference between a car fitting into a garage and fitting a car into a garage, especially for something this big as a car.

Going from a MS3 to the Charger, I KNEW the charger fit. Fitting it comfortably every time had me rearrange some shelves to feel more comfortable.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Powershift posted:

Have you SEEN the SRT chin spoiler? It's already there.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

TheFonz posted:

I think there is a noticeable difference between a car fitting into a garage and fitting a car into a garage, especially for something this big as a car.

Going from a MS3 to the Charger, I KNEW the charger fit. Fitting it comfortably every time had me rearrange some shelves to feel more comfortable.

Yeah this. I know it will fit through the opening but I should probably be able to use doors. I could Dukes of Hazzard it but there still might not be enough room. My STi fits fairly easy (for the drivers side) but I just want to make sure.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

"A shell that looks vaguely like a new Toyota Supra will be in NASCAR".

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I hear all the yellow Kia Stingers in Australia are being recalled due to oil in the paint at the factory causing chipping. Wonder if that'll be the case with mine and how long I'll be driving a loaner Forte if they take mine back for a respray.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MikeyTsi posted:

It's been that way for decades now, It's a spec series, none of them look like any actual production car and they never will.

Imo it's better than naming a race car after a Camry.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

MikeyTsi posted:

We've been waiting ages for a new Supra and it feels like Toyota's just being a cocktease at this point.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

We've been waiting ages for a new Supra and it feels like Toyota's just being a cocktease at this point.

With our luck it'll be another butterface

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It's been flying round Goodwood this weekend with camo on. You can tell what it looks like though, it's only a wrap.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I used to read about new cars I liked in other cAr forums but it's a little surprising (only a little) how most of them are filled with straight up white nationalists who are now out of the closet thanks to the president.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Throatwarbler posted:

I used to read about new cars I liked in other cAr forums but it's a little surprising (only a little) how most of them are filled with straight up white nationalists who are now out of the closet thanks to the president.

The Politics subsection of Rennlist is 95% made up of 928/944 owners who are hardcore Trump supporters and love posting about Benghazi, Hillary's E-mails, and the deep state.

I don't know what it is about the 928 that does this to people.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

davebo posted:

I hear all the yellow Kia Stingers in Australia are being recalled due to oil in the paint at the factory causing chipping. Wonder if that'll be the case with mine and how long I'll be driving a loaner Forte if they take mine back for a respray.

Do you think your stinger will get a better paint job, done by hand/locally? Or do they send back to factory?

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi

Residency Evil posted:

Neglecting basic maintenance to own the libs.

I’ve got a stack of period correct re-elect Carter bumper stickers for my ‘78 to troll this crowd.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

krysmopompas posted:

Neglecting basic maintenance to own the libs.

I’ve got a stack of period correct re-elect Carter bumper stickers for my ‘78 to troll this crowd.

I really doubt they even know who Carter is tbh

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi

KakerMix posted:

I really doubt they even know who Carter is tbh
It’s a pretty old crowd. Old to the point where they’re still mad about something Jane Fonda did.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

krysmopompas posted:

It’s a pretty old crowd. Old to the point where they’re still mad about something Jane Fonda did.

Lol oh then yeah, Carter bumper stickers to own the libs olds

I have a neighbor down the road who's probably in his 60s. Think gangly hippy guy that smokes pot and is always out fishing and canoeing.
He's always interested in the cars I import so yesterday I was showing the AZ-1 I just got in. It's all chill and talking back and forth about stories and cars and things. Then he goes:

"I'm glad you are doing something. Kids today are lazy and don't do anything with themselves."

Motherfucker why do you have to say, verbatim, the joke phrase everyone uses to make fun of people that say poo poo like that? Worst part is he's a hippy type so not even conservative politically or anything. Still though he's gotta be all generational about things. gently caress.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Residency Evil posted:

The Politics subsection of Rennlist is 95% made up of 928/944 owners who are hardcore Trump supporters and love posting about Benghazi, Hillary's E-mails, and the deep state.

Same thing with the politics forum on Bimmerpost.