Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
its offensive to arr trooops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

I think I love you

so what am i so afraid of

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

I know the man who painted that picture, it’s of the town I grew up in. How weird seeing it here!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

captainOrbital posted:

No, like someone else said, they're bravely and proudly fighting to uphold someone else's right to free expression, even amidst constant attacks.

I like my idea better.

They're fighting the denizens of hell. They're losing pretty bad too.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

hhhat posted:

well

i just found out what my sense of humor is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5N2xVGCoEY

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

captainOrbital posted:

No, like someone else said, they're bravely and proudly fighting to uphold someone else's right to free expression, even amidst constant attacks.

Yes.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

PittTheElder posted:

The entire idea behind the European Economic Community was to integrate the French and (West) German economy, along with other western-aligned European countries, to ensure that they would not develop the self dependent economies required to fight a total war against each other; if they tried it today, any combatant would immediately on the brink of collapse

Entangled and mutually-dependent economies have never prevented countries from going to war with each other. Do you think Germany had a self-dependent economy in 1914? Germany couldn't even feed itself and had to import about a third of what it lived on. The economies of the European nations were enormously interdependent until most of the continent decided to self-immolate.

Phanatic has a new favorite as of 23:29 on Jul 11, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

i miss split screen

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I miss my mom

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

RFC2324 posted:

i miss split screen

Get a switch

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Phanatic posted:

Entangled and mutually-dependent economies have never prevented countries from going to war with each other. Do you think Germany had a self-dependent economy in 1914? Germany couldn't even feed itself and had to import about a third of what it lived on. The economies of the European nations were enormously interdependent until most of the continent decided to self-immolate.

True, but the scale is totally different now. The ECSC was specifically designed to prevent France and Germany (and Italy and the Low Countries I guess) from being capable of sustaining the strategic industries required to fight each other in a prolonged conflict. The degree of entanglement is huge compared to the international trade seen during the run up to WWI.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Wanna join that march so bad.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SpacePig posted:

I miss my mom

I miss your mom's splits.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
imo they should change it to General Sherman and replace the flag with a picture of Atlanta burning, maybe stencil "heritage not hate" somewhere on there.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SubponticatePoster posted:

imo they should change it to General Sherman and replace the flag with a picture of Atlanta burning, maybe stencil "heritage not hate" somewhere on there.

It's a reference to the General Lee from the TV show Dukes of Hazard

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's a reference to the General Lee from the TV show Dukes of Hazard

I don’t think anyone missed the reference. They were just proposing an alternate Union general. And one that is near universally reviled by “Confederate Heritage” asswipes and guaranteed to get a response.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
You were all right, crazy Mormon mommy blogger lady did not in fact name her child Hatch. You can all rest easy knowing that she picked a totally normal name instead: Madden

(She also considered Kostynn)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Proteus Jones posted:

I don’t think anyone missed the reference. They were just proposing an alternate Union general. And one that is near universally reviled by “Confederate Heritage” asswipes and guaranteed to get a response.

It had to be Grant because Lee and Grant were the commanding generals of the traitor and US armies, respectively. And it has to be the US flag because the General Lee has the traitor flag. And you can't write "heritage not hate" the General Lee doesn't have any extra fun slogans on it. Those are pictures of an American version of the General Lee, SubponticatePoster is proposing a completely different car just based around pissing off traitor apologists. Which is certainly a worthy goal but it's not connected to the basic premise of the original car posted

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

It had to be Grant because Lee and Grant were the commanding generals of the traitor and US armies, respectively. And it has to be the US flag because the General Lee has the traitor flag. And you can't write "heritage not hate" the General Lee doesn't have any extra fun slogans on it. Those are pictures of an American version of the General Lee, SubponticatePoster is proposing a completely different car just based around pissing off traitor apologists. Which is certainly a worthy goal but it's not connected to the basic premise of the original car posted

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

meet girls at the store posted:

You were all right, crazy Mormon mommy blogger lady did not in fact name her child Hatch. You can all rest easy knowing that she picked a totally normal name instead: Madden

(She also considered Kostynn)

It actually works pretty well if she wanted to do a George foreman type thing.
Madden ‘18
Madden ‘20...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEukXhXPg8s

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ooooo. That may have actually been a real joke on a British quiz show based on the reactions. Don't see too many of those.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

AFewBricksShy posted:

It actually works pretty well if she wanted to do a George foreman type thing.
Madden ‘18
Madden ‘20...

Her younger children have been ruined by microtransactions.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Make sure the horn plays:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USs5SqumhcM

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

No Autofellatio, but jerking it is ok?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

dr: tell me where pagliacci is!

pagliacci: *hrrnghurghlgrlglh*

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zil posted:

No Autofellatio, but jerking it is ok?

Please don't try to weasel your way out of the "no jerking off in my shower" rule

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zil posted:

They told me I could stay in the guest room as long as I didn't cover the blanket in cum, but they didn't say anything about the top sheet :smug:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

:hmbol:

the funniest part is the peta tag

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

That's Sherman's music. Grant would probably just play Battle Hymn of the Republic (which is also about stomping the Confederacy).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Excuse me sir, I believe you meant to post this instead for the General Grant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

JoelJoel posted:

Hard to get whiter than a bunch of Western Canadian hockey kids:

https://twitter.com/AdamZHerman/status/596404714868211713

I can't be the only one to have noticed Kaeden, Kaid, Caiden, and Kaiden, with their accomplices Calen, Jayden, and Haydn.

Honorable mention goes to Lane and Layne (2x).

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
That's nothing, I once knew a kid in middle school named OrangeJello!

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Voyager I posted:

That's Sherman's music. Grant would probably just play Battle Hymn of the Republic (which is also about stomping the Confederacy).

Technically it could still be Dixie if you wanted: https://youtu.be/gvjOG5gboFU

Could make a good hook out of Battlecry too: https://youtu.be/bW4ZwyYJYbQ

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I know an Italian guy named Phil Ippino

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Silly Burrito posted:

Excuse me sir, I believe you meant to post this instead for grant

Ma'am, and i was going by "songs guaranteed to twist treason apologist nerves". Anecdotal, but every last one of said apologists ive ever known loathe "marching through georgia".