Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

lmao I need to find this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxLP6ni8vVo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

PhazonLink posted:

My ferret trivia is that in the 90s NY NPR had Rudy Giuliani on doing an interview and then a ferret for pets advocate called in and Giuliani has a loving crazy rant against the caller.

I could understand if he ever had one. I had a super cute one that while I loved him, he was a little bastard. Fucker would play by biting toes and fingers all the drat time so watching tv barefoot was not fun. Also when I moved out of my apartment I discovered where he'd hide shiny things like jewelry or poo poo like Checkers burger wrappers he'd apparently dig out of the trash. Bastard. Super cute though and I still kinda miss him 18 years later.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

T-man posted:

My friend, we've disagreed on a lot of things,

This is the first I’ve heard of it and I’m saddened by this. In fact, if anyone here disagrees with me on any topic at any time, I encourage them to speak up either on the forums or in a private message.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Skwirl posted:

I thought it was the greeks who didn't have a word for Blue (or rather that they described the sky as being "bronze" on a clear day.

Is that it? I remember that a very long time ago there was a QI 'fact' that there was on Welsh word for blue which you would have thought would have been easy to check. Always made me hesitant to believe when they brought things up on that show.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

BioEnchanted posted:

It's generally called the Puppetmaster defense.

Eh, it's similar, but I don't see it as the same. Puppetmaster is where you've got a bunch of people yelling about how you're wrong and dumb or whatever, and you pretend like that was your goal from the beginning. This one kinnnnnnda goes that way but is more like "I'm now being insulted and shat on (personally)? Yes, that is what I like, keep doing it! Haha you thought this was an attack but actually I enjoy it!" rather than it being their goal from the beginning.

It's a bit like the inverse of sour grapes, I guess. Sweet grapes?

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Weatherman posted:

Eh, it's similar, but I don't see it as the same. Puppetmaster is where you've got a bunch of people yelling about how you're wrong and dumb or whatever, and you pretend like that was your goal from the beginning. This one kinnnnnnda goes that way but is more like "I'm now being insulted and shat on (personally)? Yes, that is what I like, keep doing it! Haha you thought this was an attack but actually I enjoy it!" rather than it being their goal from the beginning.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bessantj posted:

Is that it? I remember that a very long time ago there was a QI 'fact' that there was on Welsh word for blue which you would have thought would have been easy to check. Always made me hesitant to believe when they brought things up on that show.

It could be both.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

bessantj posted:

It was there is no welsh word for Brown, not blue. Which a quick google translate seems to bear out.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I thought it was the greeks who didn't have a word for Blue (or rather that they described the sky as being "bronze" on a clear day.

I think multiple languages didn't have a word for blue. They just considered it a shade of green.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

bessantj posted:

I seem to remember ancient Greek (like Homer Greek) not having distinguishing words for blue and purple. Like in either the Odyssey or the Iliad, Homer referenced the wine-dark sea.

e: Ah ha!

"The ancient Greeks classified colours by whether they were light or dark, rather than by their hue. The Greek word for dark blue, kyaneos, could also mean dark green, violet, black or brown. The ancient Greek word for a light blue, glaukos, also could mean light green, grey, or yellow."

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Postal Parcel posted:

https://www.facebook.com/sarahpalin/photos/a.10152406056643588.1073741865.24718773587/10156554923683588/?type=3

Context: Sarah Palin got tricked by Sasha Baron Cohen and appeared on a show of his and she is not happy, haha

I wonder what stupid racist poo poo she said before she realised what was going on.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
There's a bot account that tweets positive things at Trump whenever he posts. Sometimes they post this at him.

The amount of :psyduck: is painful. America was founded not to have a monarchy, that was literally the entire point of the country.

I'm guessing russian bot

OldMemes has a new favorite as of 23:40 on Jul 11, 2018

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

CellBlock posted:

It's basically that they don't recognize Israel's right to exist, so they won't stamp a passport that has an Israeli stamp in it. On a sort of similar note, Vietnam refuses to stamp new Chinese passports because the map of China inside them shows a lot of disputed territory, and India stamps them with a new map.

Passports are an interesting avenue for diplomacy.

Israel doesn't stamp your passport anymore. Instead the give you a an entry visa slip that you can easily lose.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Puppy Time posted:

I mean, just googling "identity product consumption" gave me a lot of papers on the subject. Here's a whole curated set of articles.

From what I can tell, it boils down to "human brains really like being part of an in-group," which could possibly have to do with social survival strategies, but who the gently caress even knows with that stuff.
There was some psychologist who did a whole study on social rejection based on an experience where he was at a park and some guys' frisbee landed near him so he threw it back and then the guys threw it to him again for a little while and then they stopped and that made him feel awful. It turns out that human beings basically have tiny nervous breakdowns whenever we perceive we're being rejected. The human race is doomed.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
decided to check onto facebook today.

ok, that's enough.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

OldMemes posted:

There's a bot account that tweets positive things at Trump whenever he posts. Sometimes they post this at him.

The amount of :psyduck: is painful. America was founded not to have a monarchy, that was literally the entire point of the country.

I'm guessing russian bot

Reminder that Donald Trump Jr. is the one who just straight up tweeted out proof that he met with the Russians on behalf of his father's campaign to get dirt on Hilary. So the thought of someone even dumber than Trump Senior is hilarious/horrifying.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Turtlicious posted:

ok, that's enough.

Seriously. Everyone knows we should be putting them to work rather than setting them free. I mean think about all the free labor were just letting go to waste.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Len posted:

Everyone knows we should be putting them to work rather than setting them free.

Why not both?

Orange Benito does love his three-word slogans, after all.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Turtlicious posted:

ok, that's enough.

I had a very awkward conversation with my brother and mom where he incredulously asked what the problem was, and when my mother explained that it's like, a little evil to put children in cages, he got really defensive and walked out of the room, saying, "Well, sorr-ee for just asking a question!"

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
You should punch your brother.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

1stGear posted:

Reminder that Donald Trump Jr. is the one who just straight up tweeted out proof that he met with the Russians on behalf of his father's campaign to get dirt on Hilary. So the thought of someone even dumber than Trump Senior is hilarious/horrifying.
Maybe he just thinks that if he gets dad impeached he gets to be president.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It's no surprise trump supporters would gladly welcome a Trump Monarchy if they think they would benefit/spite the opposition. It's a terrifying time.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
We need a BBC documentary on how hosed up Trump supporters are. Like how they use MAGA like an insult to anyone that hears it.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

We need a BBC documentary on how hosed up Trump supporters are. Like how they use MAGA like an insult to anyone that hears it.

It's more of a threat, the implication being they'll MAGA by getting rid of you.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

OldMemes posted:

I'm guessing russian bot

poor tiffany

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

That's Homer specifically. The sky was bronze and the sea was like wine. The word for blue shows up later in languages than most other colors, and that's launched a whole debate over how humans see color; in languages with the same word for green and blue, what was the difference between sky and leaves.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

His exasperated "David!" near the beginning gets me every time.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

CellBlock posted:

It's basically that they don't recognize Israel's right to exist, so they won't stamp a passport that has an Israeli stamp in it. On a sort of similar note, Vietnam refuses to stamp new Chinese passports because the map of China inside them shows a lot of disputed territory, and India stamps them with a new map.

Passports are an interesting avenue for diplomacy.

LOL india. That is the perfect troll on mainlanders

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

MoreLikeTen posted:

poor tiffany

Her?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

cash crab posted:

I had a very awkward conversation with my brother and mom where he incredulously asked what the problem was, and when my mother explained that it's like, a little evil to put children in cages, he got really defensive and walked out of the room, saying, "Well, sorr-ee for just asking a question!"

You should lock your brother in the basement.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

You should lock your brother in the basement.

Especially if you don’t have a basement.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

gently caress no. The basement has a pool table.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I totally blame that classic front page article about the jerk off crystal for my initial misunderstanding what the #jobro hashtag was meant to mean.

https://twitter.com/zochats/status/1017161486458851331?s=21

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

MageMage posted:

Not really. Bisexual is attraction to the male and female gender. Pansexual is the same attraction but includes non binary people.
gently caress off.

Weatherman posted:

Corncobbing.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiggum posted:

gently caress off.

What don't you like about what he said?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I had something typed up to defend pansexuals, but then I realized that was Tiggum.

Tbf, I identify as pansexual because I want to gently caress pans.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
lol I don't think I've ever seen anyone throw up on the Toronto subway.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Turtlicious posted:

What don't you like about what he said?

Araenna posted:

I use pansexual over bisexual on dating sites, because while many bisexuals are attracted to trans and nonbinary people, not all are. (I'm not saying binary trans people aren't women or men, just that some bisexuals are transphobic just like anyone else and still see them as "gross" or whatever). Pansexual is specifically inclusive of all trans people, binary and other wise though. And as a nonbinary person, I appreciate the use when I see it. There are still some pansexual people who do the whole "I'm better than everyone because I don't see gender. Bisexual means two it's transphobic!*:smug:" and stupid poo poo like that, like there's those poly people who do the whole "Oh, I just don't get jealous or envious ever" while having the most drama filled ridiculous relationships.

*And they're rarely talking about nonbinary people, they're usually talking about binary trans people. So they're basically saying they don't see gender and are trans inclusive, while also treating trans people like their own separate gender. :ironicat:

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

It's kinda weird to tell someone what they should identify as.

Ularg posted:

I mean I partly get the "Hey maybe this term may suit your views better" but I never felt like Bisexuality would (or at least should) ever exclude trans or non-binary people in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Is there a forum or thread for sexuality/gender/sexual identity stuff? God drat it bleeds into threads like crazy. I scoured my Facebook to find something good to post to not fall into the "you can't complain you didn't post content" trap, but I've failed. Just drat y'all.