Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Libertarian Hot Air Balloon Rides. The anchor is just a copy of Atlas Shrugged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

1) Don't blindfold people on the second date

Don't allow yourself to be blindfolded on the second date. Jesus Christ.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
A lot of kinda ugly classism coming out with the Red Lobster discussion

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
:chloe:

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

TheScott2K posted:

Red Lobster : classism :: World Cup : nationalism

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LadyPictureShow posted:

I (27m)want to ask girlfriend to move in but roommates don’t have anywhere to go

This guy is living the life in LA with his best "buds" and wants to break it all up for what? For what??? SOME GIRL????

He says "the living room always smells of weed" like it's a bad thing.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
So with England losing today I hope we get an update from that dipshit whose best man bought tickets to the finals.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Admiral Ray posted:

So with England losing today I hope we get an update from that dipshit whose best man bought tickets to the finals.

Now both the bride and groom can be disappointed on their wedding night

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

LGD posted:

realtalk: I do feel anyone who genuinely feels Red Lobster is fancy/classy is living a sadly deprived life and I'd never choose to take someone there on a date, but I also feel like most people have hosed after dates featuring meals worse than cheddar bay biscuits + mediocre seafood and shouldn't feel bad about it

While I agree, it may also be the nicest restaurant in town just because a lot of small American towns are like that

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TheScott2K posted:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say but I can assure you that Red Lobster is overpriced and bad no matter what income bracket you're in. If you live anywhere near the ocean, find a cheaper, better local place. If you don't, find the grocery store that cares the most and buy from them.

Red Lobster is one of those chain restaurants like Outback where, if you can afford to eat there, you can afford to find a locally owned, actual 2-star restaurant. Even Knoxville - even Knoxville in the 90s - had 2-star gourmet for cheap.

Those kind of places are the worst.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
So my ex fiance [27/M] sent me [26/F] a wedding gift

quote:

u/noweirdosplz
TL;DR: My ex fiance (from 3+ years ago, ended on bad terms) sent me and my new fiance a wedding gift. We aren't in contact with each other and I want to send the gift back.

---

Background: My ex and I were supposed to get married in early 2015, but I called off the wedding 3 weeks before due to some complicated circumstances involving him and his parents. It was the worst time of my life, and I'm sure his as well. But his actions and words right after I called it off and a couple instances in the following year really showed me that this was a man I was lucky to NOT be marrying. The breakup and everything leading up to it was awful, but it really saved me from a lifetime of unhappiness with him, and for that I am thankful.

I have since found the perfect person for me and we are getting married this year. Before we even send out wedding invites, I notice that one of our registry items has been purchased. It was a whiskey decanter - something a little more useful to my fiance than me. A week or two later we receive a package. It's the whiskey decanter with a note: "I really wish y'all the best. I'm sorry for everything. -Ex Fiance" We have not talked in almost 2 years, and we did not end things on pleasant terms. This gift seems incredibly creepy to me - how did he know I was getting married? And he looked up my registry?? He knows where I live now?!

I will be returning the gift to him, but I'm unsure of whether to include a note or not. He is a garbage person and I want him to stay out of my life.

Gifts are acts of aggression. Honestly sounds like a classy thing to do, and that he has moved on but you haven’t. Also lol at the thought of decanting whiskey. Why don’t you add ice and coke to it whilst you’re at it.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

precision posted:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say but I can assure you that Red Lobster is overpriced and bad no matter what income bracket you're in. If you live anywhere near the ocean, find a cheaper, better local place. If you don't, find the grocery store that cares the most and buy from them.

Red Lobster is one of those chain restaurants like Outback where, if you can afford to eat there, you can afford to find a locally owned, actual 2-star restaurant. Even Knoxville - even Knoxville in the 90s - had 2-star gourmet for cheap.

well yeah, Knoxville's the big city!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

precision posted:

No, that's actually not true in a lot of places, and you can't assume that everyone knows how to cook well

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Milotic posted:

So my ex fiance [27/M] sent me [26/F] a wedding gift

Gifts are acts of aggression. Honestly sounds like a classy thing to do, and that he has moved on but you haven’t. Also lol at the thought of decanting whiskey. Why don’t you add ice and coke to it whilst you’re at it.

Whiskey decanters are an extremely common wedding-registry gift (we now own three decanters after asking for one) but yeah we don't really use them

Anyway, wedding registries come up shockingly easily on Google and he probably still speaks with any number of people who are in a position to know about her wedding and tell him about it

My wife works in schools, and one time when we were still engaged, a fifth-grader with five seconds and a smartphone was able to find out my name when my wife didn't want to spend time talking about her personal life, because our wedding registry came up on Google

So this isn't a stalking situation and she needs to chill especially considering what it was that caused their falling-out to begin with

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Milotic posted:

My [21F] husband [28M] is very hurt that I asked him to take an STD test

I mean that’s one way to nuke the relationship based on zero evidence.

He should take the STD test and then serve her with divorce papers along with the results. :owned:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

QuarkJets posted:

No, that's actually not true in a lot of places, and you can't assume that everyone knows how to cook well

Fair point, but these days a town has to be really, really, really small to not have good local restaurants. My wife's parents live in a town with a population of 15,000 - so small it doesn't even have a Red Lobster! - and it has a bunch of good restaurants. If you drive an hour in any direction, there are literally hundreds.

I'm just saying, it's kinda dumb to spend a lot of money to have someone microwave your food (see also, Applebees) but I mean, whatever flips your quarter :shrug:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

QuarkJets posted:

The whole "you could cook it cheaper" bit is pretty loving "beep blorp human food unit" and seems to miss the point entirely of going to a restaurant.

And yea, there are a lot of lovely towns that really don't have the locally-owned gourmet anymore.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Four dollars for a beer?! I COULD DRINK IT AT HOME FOR 50 CENTS!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

QuarkJets posted:

You have to live in an incredibly tiny town with less than like 10k people to not have a decent diner/sub shop/bar/steakhouse/etc that serves food way better than Olive Garden or Red Lobster. Even the little truck stop towns along most highways tend to have half a dozen family owned places within a 20 minute drive these days.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

He should take the STD test and then serve her with divorce papers along with the results. :owned:

See I think that this is an okay reaction for all of the people who thought that the wife should divorce that one dude who secretly got a paternity test. There are some trust issues there and if you don't have kids anyway then maybe they should move on

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

TheScott2K posted:

And yea, there are a lot of lovely towns that really don't have the locally-owned gourmet anymore.

Where? The Midwest? I'm in a town of 9000 and we've got plenty of good places to eat

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Some people just have bad taste, guys, this isn't a huge deal

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ziv Zulander posted:

Where? The Midwest? I'm in a town of 9000 and we've got plenty of good places to eat

The South has been really stepping up their game with independently owned Mexican/Latin American places because of the huge influx of labor to factories in the 90s. It's a good thing for everyone.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Red Lobster isn’t bad. It’s not exceptional in any way, but it’s decent even though it’s overpriced.

Those Cheddar Bay Biscuits are awesome.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

1st AD posted:

Red Lobster isn’t bad. It’s not exceptional in any way, but it’s decent even though it’s overpriced.

Those Cheddar Bay Biscuits are awesome.

Do you live in a bland Midwest city without a decent seafood restaurant or three? I can't see why else you would claim Red Lobster "isn't bad".

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:lol::lol::lol:
Get hosed, you world-cup loonies. :slick:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Squashing Machine posted:

Blindfolded my (18M) Persian girlfriend (17F) and told her I was going to "show her the world," forgot that she's an extreme agoraphobe, is there any hope for this relationship or should I just get Genie to wipe her memory

agrabaphobe :eng101:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
If you order some vat of pasta and sauce, Red Lobster is probably pretty bad. But you can order just plain grilled fish and it's actually really good; they don't even overcook the salmon (it's translucent in the middle) and even the vegetable sides are still nice and al dente.

Also, cheddar bay biscuits

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Anne Whateley posted:

If you order some vat of pasta and sauce, Red Lobster is probably pretty bad. But you can order just plain grilled fish and it's actually really good; they don't even overcook the salmon (it's translucent in the middle) and even the vegetable sides are still nice and al dente.

ignoring the menu and just ordering "type of fish" "way of cooking fish" is a good plan at any seafood restaurant

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
While I admit that the burgers at the literal shack that sells burgers and the gas station fried chicken is pretty on point in my home town of 484 people 1000 miles from the ocean, I don't really have the luxury to sneer at people who think red lobster is nice. Even if I now know better.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Who gives a poo poo about red lobster. It's OK. It's a chain. It will neither be great nor terrible. That's how all chains are. I don't think I'd take a date to red lobster but it's the least ridiculous thing in that fake story. (It's a great fake story though)

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Anne Whateley posted:

Why are you even bothering to go to a seafood place if you're going to order plain grilled fish???? That's like going to an Arabic restaurant and ordering a burger.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Four dollars for a beer?! I COULD DRINK IT AT HOME FOR 50 CENTS!

To be fair, lots of people I know get drunk before going to the bar to save money. Not as much now a days, but lots when we were younger.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Why are you even bothering to go to a seafood place if you're going to order plain grilled fish???? That's like going to an Arabic restaurant and ordering a burger.

Grilled fish cooked by someone halfway competent is kinda what seafood places are for. The jumbo fried shrimp are just there to make the kids happy.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

GUYS I EAT GOOD FOOD GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

hawowanlawow posted:

GUYS I EAT GOOD FOOD GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

I'm proud of you, friend

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Red Lobster is ok but you know as a chain. Their cooked fish is ok. We used to go there when was in HS because it was right there.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Yo, RL and Olive Garden are clutch if you’re going out for a family thing and you have four different kinds of picky eaters in the group.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

loquacius posted:

Some people just have bad taste, guys, this isn't a huge deal

no, it's very important that i browbeat hypothetical perople who aren't reading this thread but enjoy a thing i'm too good for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Doc Hawkins posted:

agrabaphobe :eng101: