Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Owlbear Camus posted:

*Kicking in the door to the bachelorette party, leveling an accusing finger at the sculpted, waxed man tossing his plastic helmet to a red-faced bride and grinding his camouflage speedo in her face*
STOLEN VALORRRRRR!!!!!

valor is a non-renewable resource obtained by shooting middle easterners. we can't just waste it like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

Also doesn’t wage gap only really start to show its teeth in the dying upper middle class?

Like wage slave fry cook are like 8-10 an hour no matter what the gently caress bits you have and I know from previous partners that like nurses don’t have a gendered wage gap, it’s all experience.

My perception has always been that wage gap affects people in like finance related fields (marketing firms, financial advisory, publicity etc.) and things like entertainment (again, only the fabulously wealthy, like you get 6 million as a woman when a man would get ten million, cry me a loving river).

I could see it taking place in STEM because it’s such a famous boys club but isn’t that all highly specialized expensive work?

What lower class/middle class sorts of jobs feature wage gap? Teachers? Engineers?

I’m not saying it doesn’t exist, I believe it does, I just genuinely don’t know what level of economic adversity it actually begins.

I recall one of the usual suspects saying that the wage gap closes significantly if you only look at big cities, but completely misses that point that that means the wage gap is twice as big outside of big cities

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I wonder when England will extradite Cohen to America for crimes against valor

Scary! has issued a correction as of 18:42 on Jul 11, 2018

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Stinky_Pete posted:

I recall one of the usual suspects saying that the wage gap closes significantly if you only look at big cities, but completely misses that point that that means the wage gap is twice as big outside of big cities

The giant shrieking worms only devour 30 to 40 thousand people a year and don't go near the big cities so...

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Palin says the Borat people dropped them off at the wrong airport so they'd miss their flight back to AK. LOL.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Do not talk to the Borat man. Beware his many disguises.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Also doesn’t wage gap only really start to show its teeth in the dying upper middle class?

Like wage slave fry cook are like 8-10 an hour no matter what the gently caress bits you have and I know from previous partners that like nurses don’t have a gendered wage gap, it’s all experience.

My perception has always been that wage gap affects people in like finance related fields (marketing firms, financial advisory, publicity etc.) and things like entertainment (again, only the fabulously wealthy, like you get 6 million as a woman when a man would get ten million, cry me a loving river).

I could see it taking place in STEM because it’s such a famous boys club but isn’t that all highly specialized expensive work?

What lower class/middle class sorts of jobs feature wage gap? Teachers? Engineers?

I’m not saying it doesn’t exist, I believe it does, I just genuinely don’t know what level of economic adversity it actually begins.

It's from a few pages back, but I just had to resurrect this gem to say, "Bust Rodd, unless you've never held a job, your perceptions are flawed to the point where I'm not fully convinced that you aren't trolling. Please, for your future, educate yourself on this topic. poo poo's worse than you think."

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Owlbear Camus posted:

Palin says the Borat people dropped them off at the wrong airport so they'd miss their flight back to AK. LOL.

This is a level beyond trolling

I call it Borat 2

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Owlbear Camus posted:

holy poo poo that owns

thanks for the interview idiot go gently caress yourself you fuckin rear end in a top hat *peels out of airport*

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Owlbear Camus posted:

Sacha Baron Cohen is a fine human being.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

I love how Palin goes on about how we need to support the first amendment then gets super upset when someone uses it. Same for her chud followers. Even if they believed it qualified as stolen valor (and it probably doesn't), such laws are antithetical to free speech and they shouldn't support those sorts of laws. Obviously they only care about their speech.

Owlbear Camus posted:

I imagine this as a fishmech style of pedantry where she was like "Take me to the DC airport" and they took her to Reagan National instead of Dulles, since Dulles is in Dulles, VA.

I do love that they claim this caused them to be stuck for three days tho. How exactly does that work? Unable to use mass transit to get to Dulles? Unable to book a taxi? Unable to book a connecting flight to a different airport? It sounds like the Palin's may be strapped for cash

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/jordan_harper/status/1016863346736295936

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

doubly funny that the guy squealing about this is Stephen Miller, noted pissbitch who bought a ticket to see an all-woman screening of Wonder Woman then wrote a pitiful article about how nobody gave a poo poo because he doesn't understand that Twitter =/= reality

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

does the name "stephen miller" make its unlucky bearer into a total piece of poo poo or what

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

World War Mammories posted:

does the name "stephen miller" make its unlucky bearer into a total piece of poo poo or what

Yes. You'll note that beloved 1970s troubador Steve Miller remains a cool dude, but those loving dorks calling themselves 'Stephen' are all wastes of skin.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Heath posted:

This is a level beyond trolling

I call it Borat 2

Borat: "It's Borat 2. When the poison isn't enough I put em in room with Borat 2."
Brule: "I'm glad to be stuck here with YOU Borat 1. I'll never be a bad boy that has to go see borat 2 in the Private Room."

Bearded Whiteguy
Mar 2, 2018

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS FUCK

Man I wish someone asked him what he thinks about the 2% of people who are born with ambiguous genitalia or XXY chromosomes.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I am a US Marine Admiral and I love putting Trump voters in forced marches through minefields to die humiliating pointless deaths while wearing only women's underwear.

I'm not an admiral plz don't report me for stolen valor

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

doubly funny that the guy squealing about this is Stephen Miller, noted pissbitch who bought a ticket to see an all-woman screening of Wonder Woman then wrote a pitiful article about how nobody gave a poo poo because he doesn't understand that Twitter =/= reality

Ahahaha I remember that holy poo poo I had no idea that was him who did that, what a loving idiot

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Okay, now that is a great joke, funnier than anything Cohen has ever done.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I'm still parsing "cohen" as michael cohen can we please refer to him as "Borat Man" or something tia

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There'd be a lot more disabled Iraq vets if she and Mr. 100 years in Iraq had gotten in. I hope she brings up her deadbeat violent son, who isn't a combat veteran, again.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1017121064672026624

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Ten pages of "is Peterson actually bad hmm I dunno guys" and nobody brings up "brutal male domination" smh. If you're talking to a halfway decent person who is getting conned by Peterson's pseudo smart guy persona, that quote cuts right through. If you're talking to a true believer chud, that quote will make them reveal it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Hellblazer187 posted:

Ten pages of "is Peterson actually bad hmm I dunno guys" and nobody brings up "brutal male domination" smh. If you're talking to a halfway decent person who is getting conned by Peterson's pseudo smart guy persona, that quote cuts right through. If you're talking to a true believer chud, that quote will make them reveal it.

Post the quote then

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

this is made even better by the fact that he misspells the artist's name even though its in his screenshot and the screenshot still has the price in it, meaning he didn't really buy poo poo

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

Post the quote then

https://twitter.com/aliamjadrizvi/status/1001164042856271874?lang=en

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

good thing there's no oppressive groups that he avoids criticizing

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

yikes

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

isn't he the lobster moron?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Scary! posted:

I wonder when England will extradite Cohen to America for crimes against valor

We'll happily give him to you because he's a piece of poo poo.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

I don't get it

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

He thinks lobster hierarchy is ideal for people saying there must always be a ruler firmly above.

Bearded Whiteguy
Mar 2, 2018

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS FUCK
Joe Walsh, being a moron: https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/1016904176738041856

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
I wasn’t very excited for another Sacha Cohen show or movie initially, but after seeing these people freak out about it, yes this is the schadenfreude I am into.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
At least this time he isn't telling the world a random Christian Palestinian shopkeeper is a member of the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade.

E: lol not even just a random guy but a charity worker

ContinuityNewTimes has issued a correction as of 00:26 on Jul 12, 2018

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

We'll happily give him to you because he's a piece of poo poo.

explain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

https://twitter.com/FrancisRizzo5/status/1016994208157175809