Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Guys I went to wizarding world of Harry Potter this week and I couldn't help myself, I bought a wand. It wasn't helped that I went to a showing that was emptyand was only me and nephew and when they asked who was here for a wand choosing he pointed at me, talk about marketing pressure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Braks, you can book out Disneyland trips, right?

When will DL Galaxies edge stuff start opening for bookings?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

BlueBayou posted:

Yep! Can do Disneyland.

No clue on the Galaxy's Edge stuff. I don't think any of it is slated to open until next year, but they haven't given us any time frame.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

BlueBayou posted:

They're saying Summer as the opening date. Until it's officially fall (so September 20-something 2019) it's still "summer". Assume any time between summer solstice and October 1st next year, probably with an April or May reveal for the opening date.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Wife and I hit up TSL yesterday evening to check it out. We had FPs for Alien Swirling Saucers at 7PM, just in time for the rains and lightning to begin at 6:30. When it seemed like the rain was about done, we walked in, did rear end, then tried to wait for Slinky but they had closed it down. The area is super cute, lots of little details, and I thought rear end was better than I expected given the reviews. There's way more whip than I was expecting. Not something I'd wait a long time for, but definitely doable.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Quixotic1 posted:

Guys I went to wizarding world of Harry Potter this week and I couldn't help myself, I bought a wand. It wasn't helped that I went to a showing that was emptyand was only me and nephew and when they asked who was here for a wand choosing he pointed at me, talk about marketing pressure.

I fought my dumb brain real hard to not buy one when I was there in April. I avoided it, but ended up buying a bunch of stuff I didn't need at WDW instead.

On that note... the paint on this water bottle has started coming off real easily and that's a bummer.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Fartington Butts posted:

I fought my dumb brain real hard to not buy one when I was there in April.

You should buy one. They're good forever, and they are expanding the stuff the interactive wands can do this year for CoHP.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I bought a want at Ollivander's. There was no way I was walking out of there without buying one.

Fartington Butts posted:

On that note... the paint on this water bottle has started coming off real easily and that's a bummer.

Did you put it in the dishwasher? Any of the plastic dishware I've purchased from Disney has been absolute junk after going into the dishwasher.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I haven’t been in any Disney Park since I was in high school (~15 years ago) but I had 2 free days at the end of a trip to LA so I splurged on 1 night at the grand californian. Disney as a solo adult is way more fun than I thought it would be, and now I really want to get back to wdw at some point.

Also I guess it’s old news now (and wdw has those wristbands or whatever?) but holy poo poo being able to get fast passes on my phone from either park is incredible.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
:siren: https://wdwnt.com/2018/07/breaking-expedition-everest-refurbishment-imminent-to-fix-the-broken-yeti-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/ :siren:

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Holy poo poo

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I like how that article is based off of a single, 4 word tweet.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Lmao what garbage clickbait.

"I'm still working on getting it done."

IT'S SHUTTING DOWN TOMORROW IT'S IMMINENT

quote:

Internal sources have also told us that they are personally working on “the Everest project”, so the lengthy refurbishment and all of the changes it will bring are clearly in development and the closure is imminent. What other “plusses” to the ride that may occur are unknown, but the broken Yeti will certainly be the focus of the multi-month project when it begins.

...what?

E: I feel it will happen sooner than later now that Pandora is there, but this is a bad article with basically useless info.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
If they ever fix it, I want tons of merchandise referencing the broken yeti.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Tim Whatley posted:

Lmao what garbage clickbait.

"I'm still working on getting it done."

IT'S SHUTTING DOWN TOMORROW IT'S IMMINENT

...what?

E: I feel it will happen sooner than later now that Pandora is there, but this is a bad article with basically useless info.

Joe Rohde tweeted 4 words about the Yeti, stop everything

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Dren posted:

Joe Rohde tweeted 4 words about the Yeti, stop everything

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I Want to Believe :tinfoil:

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I’m so excited! Just for cooler things to happen and for people to stop bitching. I never rode it on A mode but I always thought the Yeti seemed fine on B mode so what do I know.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

If they ever fix it, I want tons of merchandise referencing the broken yeti.

A spinning bubble blowing yeti with disco lights that roars.

I think the whole reason it hasn't been fixed is because of pure logistics. The loving thing is going to be a nightmare to correct.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I assume it's only happening now because Everest is due for major refurb like the Hulk got a year or two back so they might as well go ahead and fix it while they have it torn apart

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

I assume it's only happening now because Everest is due for major refurb like the Hulk got a year or two back so they might as well go ahead and fix it while they have it torn apart

Almost certainly. The people I've been with who have been on it recently (and talking to people coming off the ride) have said it needs it. If the guests are seeing it, you know it's overdue.

I don't know as there's no love nor money that would get me on that fuckin thing. hell no.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Almost certainly. The people I've been with who have been on it recently (and talking to people coming off the ride) have said it needs it. If the guests are seeing it, you know it's overdue.

I don't know as there's no love nor money that would get me on that fuckin thing. hell no.

You refuse to ride Everest?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I went on Everest like 5 times during my day @ AK the last time I was at Disney. It rules.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

santanotreal posted:

You refuse to ride Everest?

I don't ride steep drops because I shriek and try to climb out of the ride :shobon:

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Everest rules

I wonder if they will fix bird on a stick while they're at it

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Yeah but hulk was a safety thing in addition to cosmetic upgrades, rather than disassembling a whole themed mountain over an animatronic in a park that really doesn't have that many rides. Just leave the broken yeti I'm instead of refurbishing a ride which will from my understanding, basically need to to destroy and rebuild the entire thing to fix.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Bottom Liner posted:

That was weird though. B&M coasters don’t typically require that extensive maintenance. Like, Kumba has been running for longer than Hulk without that sort of down time. Not to mention all their inverted coasters. Did we ever get some sort of explanation for why that was necessary? Even generic “safety” is super weird. It’s not like Hulk was a particularly unusual ride, outside of the launch.

Vekoma, for what it’s worth, has an even longer track record. They’ve been building rides since the 80s and I’m not aware of any large scale maintenance that has been done.

One of the whole points of a steel coaster is that you don’t have to go through and re-track huge chunks of it. Of course, who knows how much Vekoma had to compromise designs to get the entire thing in a fake mountain.

Maybe the refurb will include easier access to the broken track, so they can clean up the collection of coins and headbands at the top of the forbidden mountain a bit more frequently. :v:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kumba has a secret maintenance last year also and retracking

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Well poo poo. Got the Annual Passholder Toy Story Land September exclusive playtime invite. After waiting five minutes for everything to load all the slots are now sold out. Awesome.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I don't ride steep drops because I shriek and try to climb out of the ride :shobon:

As a person that also has a hard time with coasters, I will say Everest is a joy. I find that the more immersive theming really helps with the drop and thrills, and since a big chunk of it is in the dark or quite literally behind you, I have a much better time with it. I'd suggest trying to swallow your nerve and give it a go.

And I do hope they fix bird on a stick because that's easily the highlight of the ride.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

As long as they somehow fix the loving head band snow part I’m good

Think I road it about 7 times in a row by going single rider. Well between margaritas at least.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

kri kri posted:

I road it about 7 times in a row...between margaritas at least.

Thread title change please

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

J33uk posted:

Well poo poo. Got the Annual Passholder Toy Story Land September exclusive playtime invite. After waiting five minutes for everything to load all the slots are now sold out. Awesome.

I got a 7AM slot on a Friday for my wife and I. Guess that'll be a WFH day.

I never saw the yeti in A mode, so I'm kind of excited to see it as originally intended. My wife will be sad though, as she loves Everest and it'll probably be down for awhile.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

couldcareless posted:

As a person that also has a hard time with coasters, I will say Everest is a joy. I find that the more immersive theming really helps with the drop and thrills, and since a big chunk of it is in the dark or quite literally behind you, I have a much better time with it. I'd suggest trying to swallow your nerve and give it a go.

And I do hope they fix bird on a stick because that's easily the highlight of the ride.
My fiancée can’t do coasters because she’s got a bad fear of heights (she was petrified on Primeval Whirl) but she loves Everest as long as she closes her eyes on that one section of the lift hill. That’s actually true of most Disney coasters (except PW), where she loves them since they’re very accessible to non-coaster fans due to being heavily themed and appearing close to the ground.

And I get a kick out of the headbands every time I get up there. It’s so weird but I love that it randomly became A Thing.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
The hard helix turn (or whatever its called) is what throws my brain on a loop and makes me mildly tummy shaken. I can only do Everest once in a day, but it's worth it to me. It's my favorite overall.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Everest is also one of the best solo queue rides. No one goes solo queue, so you get on in 5 minutes regardless of the regular wait time.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

santanotreal posted:

Everest is also one of the best solo queue rides. No one goes solo queue, so you get on in 5 minutes regardless of the regular wait time.

The solo queue is highly variable. I've seen it at 5 minutes and 30 minutes in the same day. Still very much worth it, though.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Empress Brosephine posted:

Kumba has a secret maintenance last year also and retracking

I had no idea! I stand corrected. :)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

santanotreal posted:

I rode Everest 5 times in a row after the fireworks when I was there last. I literally got off, walked into the solo queue line and went right back on. It was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:3: Yall so excited about Everest and I'm just like "7DMT has a scary drop in it"