Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

a false posted:

The New York Rangers select a player you probably didn't realize existed, but whose stats you should definitely check out - Mikko Rantanen

He's for sure a 20-30 goal scorer but I'm not convinced he goes PPG on a line without MacKinnon. That's just my take looking at his highlights/his fancy stats.
The shot is legit though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

He's for sure a 20-30 goal scorer but I'm not convinced he goes PPG on a line without MacKinnon. That's just my take looking at his highlights/his fancy stats.
The shot is legit though.

i think he'll do just fine with Barzal

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I have Mat Barzal envy, i talked myself out of taking him and took Tarasenko instead

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

So it looks like Hoot was skipped and therefore couldn't take his second coach.

With that being said I'm going to take another right wing with Blake Wheeler who is somehow still on the board despite getting 91 points and 71 primary points putting him 6th in that regard behind McDavid, Kessel, Mackinnon, Kucherov and Malkin. One of the elite playmaking power forwards and one of the smartest guys in hockey, welcome to the Sjarks.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Hoot technically has forty minutes :v:

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I read the time wrong and am an idiot I'll change if he wants Wheeler congratulations to me.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i have a hunch you'll be okay

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Calgary flames, with a half hour plus left on the clock, rear end in a top hat, are ready to pick a player with grit, passion, offensive upside, and classic defensive play. This workhorse is two points back from having the highest stats in every category last season, with the exception of goals where they were tied for first. and two points back in both points and assists making them a scoring asset. With the Firey grit, we the Flames, demand being two minutes under last season's PIM leader. Their defense is solid, carrying their team to the ECF boasting a 919 save percentage.
With our second pick in the draft we are proud to announce the acquisition of Andrei Vasilevskiy.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
See, what a beaut

Jordan7hm (4:31 PM EST)
corn on the cop
Boomer the Cannon

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The Vancouver Canucks are going to take advantage of the plethora of defensemen remaining on the board and select the very gifted John Klingberg.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I can't believe I tried to convince myself Dahlin would be on the board at the end of Round 3

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Due Up:
Boomer the Cannon (6:46 PM EST)
tofes
eXXon
stab

Picks Owed:
Jordan7hm

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Yaya posted:

I can't believe I tried to convince myself Dahlin would be on the board at the end of Round 3

You knew what we were - look at the thread title.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

corn on the cop posted:

The Vancouver Canucks are going to take advantage of the plethora of defensemen remaining on the board and select the very gifted John Klingberg.

gently caress youuuuuu

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Zach Werenski.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Go gently caress yourself please

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

JoelJoel posted:

gently caress youuuuuu

everyone kept taking centers yo

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

corn on the cop posted:

I should've taken him again just so I'd have my killer top pairing from last year again.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
you'll probably enjoy scoring over 170 goals more

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Carolina selects Vincent Trochek.

It’s hard to tell how good Trochek is given how good Barkov is, but Trochek put up 75 points and 280 shots while playing pretty tough minutes. Safe to say, he good.

I think he’ll make an excellent pivot for Laine.

Also dat contract.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
i was thinking about taking Trocheck if he made it around to me

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

He's more of a really good 2nd line center than a 1st liner, which makes him an odd choice given some of the players still on the board. He's not a crippling choice but it seems early for him.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

tofes posted:

i was thinking about taking Trocheck if he made it around to me

you owe a pick bb

Due Up:
eXXon (9:50 PM EST)
stab
fawning deference

Picks Owed:
tofes

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 12, 2018

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

oh my bad, I didn't know it was my turn yet

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm going to take Boring Sean Monahan before tofes posts.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

that's ok, monahan had too many injuries this year for my taste, scared me away

vegas is proud to select stanley cup champion jonathan toews

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

eXXon posted:

I'm going to take Boring Sean Monahan before tofes posts.

Young, on a good contract, and good for 60 points a season.
I was going to take him before I panic-picked Keller

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Its my turn?

You guys should NOT be surprised im taking him

Too early

Probably

Too expensive

Hell yeah

On a dumpster fire of a team

gently caress yeah

Does his contract end at the heat death of the universe?

Ya

Fire bergevin

But

He's Carey loving Price

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I'm up yes?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Yes,
then:

ThinkTank
Thufir
glynnenstein
Zodijackylite
JoelJoel
Jonathan Fisk
Jonathan Fisk

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

It pains me not to take a couple guys available. There's been a run on centers and this guy embodies my team philosophy of fast skating. He had a down sophomore year so people forgot about him.

This player played 20 minutes a game, had positive fancies despite even zone starts, and put up 63 points on a dog poo poo team.

He's also 21 and one of the fastest players in the league.

The Chicago Blackhawks take Dylan Larkin. Giving him mostly offensive zone starts with Hall should turn him into a 70-80 point player.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Due Up:
ThinkTank (11:02 AM EST)
Thufir
glynnenstein
Zodijackylite
JoelJoel
Jonathan Fisk
Jonathan Fisk

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
My picks are in for tomorrow. They're good players, for sure, but do they fit our culture?

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

This and another defenseman I was agonizing over for like, half an hour before I decided I wanted Bergeron and Marchessault down the middle.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

He's more of a really good 2nd line center than a 1st liner, which makes him an odd choice given some of the players still on the board. He's not a crippling choice but it seems early for him.

22 minutes a night, 75 points with sustainable looking numbers, 280 shots, good possession stats. A hell of a second liner.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Does Thinktank get skipped in like 15 minutes?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
indeed so

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
With our 2nd pick, the Predators draft D Seth Jones

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Shoulda grabbed OEL out of spite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I am very happy to wait until the last possible second to take Oliver Ekman-Larsson

I wanted either a big time scorer or a minute munching defenceman here, and OEL fills the latter just perfectly. The quintessential modern day defenceman, he's a skilled offensive blueliner with a great first past and top notch skating abilities. His major drawback seems to be that he plays in Arizona so no one has ever actually watched him play, but he's drat good and one of the top 3 defenceman on earth IMO. He's a consistent point getter and regulary puts up 15-20 goals from the blueline. The rest of my backend can probably afford to be garbage now because OEL will just carry the load 26 minutes a night. Hey, that almost works for the Coyotes today.