Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He's still trying to see the eclipse.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

"I can't remember if I'm supposed to stand on the right side of the crowd for the papers to print me first on the left or if it's the other way around. Oh look, a seagull."

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

bird food bathtub posted:

Alzheimer's is loving horrifying. My mom worked like 22 years on a care facility specifically for that. I spent five minutes at work when I was about ten and heard the following conversation:

"Mom, I'm here, do you know who I am?"

"No dear, are you new here?"

Nope'd the gently caress out and absolutely refused to go back inside ever again. If she wanted anything she met me outside.

Well at least in America they still have rights
https://khn.org/news/dementia-and-gun-safety-when-should-aging-americans-retire-their-weapons/

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Do I even need to ask the context

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.ft.com/trumptoronto

hahahahahahahabab

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Just looks like a signup page to me

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

quote:

Be a global citizen.
Become an FT Subscriber.
Gain a global perspective on the US and go beyond with curated news and analysis from 600 journalists in 50+ countries covering politics, business, innovation, trends and more.

Choose the subscription that is right for you
Trial
Not sure which package to choose? Try full access for 4 weeks
$1.00 for 4 weeks*
SPECIAL OFFER THROUGH JULY 31
Digital
Be informed with the essential news and opinion
$5.50 $2.77 per week*
Premium Digital
All the essentials plus
deeper insights and analysis
$10.75 per week*
Print
Delivery 6 days a week to your home or office with ePaper access
Just $1.91 per week*

:shuckyes:

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Look at that guy over there and his fancy financial times subscription

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

love this

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Found one of Trump’s textbooks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
everything is so funny if only it wasn't real

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
All hail Peyton Manning, new Papa John's spokesman.

https://twitter.com/passantino/status/1017243860022390785

https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/11/news/companies/papa-johns-pizza-john-schnatter/index.html

quote:

John Schnatter, the founder and public face of Papa John's pizza, apologized Wednesday for using the N-word on a conference call in May.

Forbes reported earlier that he used the racial slur while participating in a role-playing exercise designed to prevent public relations crises.

In a statement issued through the company, Schnatter said: "News reports attributing the use of inappropriate and hurtful language to me during a media training session regarding race are true. Regardless of the context, I apologize. Simply stated, racism has no place in our society."

According to the account in Forbes, Schnatter was on a call with Laundry Service, a marketing agency, and was asked how he planned to manage future public relations flare-ups.

On the call, Schnatter sought to downplay the significance of his criticism of the league and its players, Forbes reported.

"Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s," he said, complaining that Sanders had never received backlash, according to Forbes. The parent company of KFC did not immediately answer a request for comment.

Forbes also reported that Schnatter recalled growing up in Indiana, where he said people used to drag black people from their trucks until they died.

Forbes reported that Schnatter's comments were intended to demonstrate his stance against racism, but that people on the call were offended by them.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Good riddance I had the misfortune of “eating” his pizza recently and it was vile as gently caress. Cheese was a slab of grease, and the dough tasted like stale bread. Honestly one of the worst pizzas I’ve ever had and that says something, as I love pizza and it’s honestly hard to gently caress up. Hell I can down a $5 hot n ready from little caesars no problem.

Also besides being a racist prick he’s pro Trump and fought hard to not pay his workers an extra dime while skimping on ingredients.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
My dad marched for civil rights in the 60s in Washington with MLK. My mom and dad have always been liberal, further left on many issues than Democrats in practice (like wanting more regulation of Wall Street and industry, legalizing weed, etc). My dad is a historian, so I grew up in a house with hundreds of books, dozens about WWI, WWII, Vietnam War, the SCOTUS, different presidents, ancient Rome and Greece, and tons of other topics.

I feel very grateful for my privileged upbringing, even though my job sucks and my parents attained (after a couple of decades of struggling) a level of economic security of ending up in the upper middle class, that I don't think I'll ever have.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Peyton distanced himself and sold his shares back in late winter.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/07/peyton-manning-sells-his-papa-johns-franchises-before-split-with-nfl.html

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lmao

quote:

"Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s," he said, complaining that Sanders had never received backlash, according to Forbes. The parent company of KFC did not immediately answer a request for comment.

Forbes also reported that Schnatter recalled growing up in Indiana, where he said people used to drag black people from their trucks until they died.

Forbes reported that Schnatter's comments were intended to demonstrate his stance against racism, but that people on the call were offended by them.

uhm, I mean, well, erm

Yeah...

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I guess he had a heated gaming moment

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Peyton distanced himself and sold his shares back in late winter.

Bahahah I had no idea. Man, the NFL has had some screwups lately, but they've barely went down in viewership as everything else (especially NASCAR) tanked.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/theatlantic/status/1017229481851965440?s=21

:iiam:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

loving magnets English language, how does it work?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Didn't AOC lay out in decent detail that abolition of ice basically consisted of defunding them, reassigning a bunch of their non-atrocity duties, and then closing the empty husk afterwards?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AQEXFDePLA

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Didn't AOC lay out in decent detail that abolition of ice basically consisted of defunding them, reassigning a bunch of their non-atrocity duties, and then closing the empty husk afterwards?

But what does it mean?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

But what does it mean?

Well it's not "letting ICE continue as it has been", so it must be open borders and a member of MS-13 in every home.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's kind of like how opposing the Iraq war means you want terrorists to invade the US and take are freedoms.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
You say that like there's degrees of nuance to every side.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If I get another dog I’ll name him/her MS13 just for the off chance of being able to tell some MAGA chud I have MS13 living with me.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Laranzu posted:

Look at that guy over there and his fancy financial times subscription

Fuuuck even Foreign Affairs allows three free lifetime articles before denying you their elite wisdom.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Stormy Daniels was apparently arrested while stripping a little while ago. Wonder what the police think they're doing?

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1017269222651711488

e: arrested for.. letting someone touch her non-sexually while performing? TIL that's a crime where the victim is also the perpetrator.

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1017273930543980544

Niton fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 12, 2018

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

GUILTY! GIVE HER THE CHAIR!

so she can do that one scene in footloose.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Soulex posted:

GUILTY! GIVE HER THE CHAIR!

so she can do that one scene in footloose.

You mean Flashdance?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

McNally posted:

You mean Flashdance?

Yes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
She's a saint

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Were there baked potatoes available at that farm? I'd blow off a lot for a good baked potato.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Trump: Still retarded

https://www.politico.eu/article/trump-threatens-to-pull-out-of-nato/

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Politico posted:

Even before taking office in January 2017, Trump has excoriated allies for not spending more on defense, though he often seems not to understand NATO financing and has repeatedly complained that allies “owed” a huge debt.
:lol:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The guy who's campaign chair worked directly for and was funded by the Russians who is now in jail, who's businesses got loans from Russia, the guy who decided not to actively enforce sanctions against Russia made by his own parties Congress and who openly praises the current leader of Russia and is going to meet with him this month, has threatened to pull out of NATO and already started a trade war on both of his borders and against his longest and most stable allies.

It's almost like this guy is making every single misstep that Russia wishes a more powerful nation like the USA would make.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i'll have to see if i can dig up the article i read a while back, that didn't try to make any claims about Trump, simply observed that he was doing exactly what a plant would do to destabilise the west and benefit russia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...3772_story.html

quote:

SEOUL — North Korean officials did not turn up to a Thursday meeting with the U.S. military about repatriating the remains of the war dead, according to a U.S. official with knowledge of the situation.

The two sides had been expected to discuss at the Korean Peninsula’s demilitarized zone the return of U.S. troop remains from the 1950-1953 war — an arrangement that the State Department had announced after Secretary Mike Pompeo’s visit to Pyongyang last Friday and Saturday.

State Department officials had said that the meeting would likely take place on July 12, though they added that the date could shift.

On Thursday, however, Department of Defense and United Nations Command officials were left waiting in the DMZ’s Joint Security Area. The expected North Korean officials never arrived, according to the official who requested anonymity as he was not permitted to talk publicly about the event.

“We were ready,” the official said. “It just didn’t happen. They didn’t show.”

womp womp

• Locked thread