Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

PhallicPhalanges posted:

I’ve heard Squad is pretty good as well.

Squad's development has been rather slow when it comes to integrating the combined arms aspect that made Project Reality what it is. Squad is Arma without all the "Left CTRL + Left Mouse three times to do X" poo poo. If you've played most FPS's you can get into squad quickly. Then it becomes about working as a group and figuring out how to build FOB's etc..

That being said I just picked up Arma 3 this past steam sale with friends and trying to figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Foo Diddley posted:

In a flight sim you can just lean a little to look around a strut (with TrackIR, anyway). In Star Citizen, this just shows you the inside of your helmet

I've been a much bigger fan of FalconBMS than DCS, but DCS in VR...sitting in a F-15 or F-5 and looking out the canopy and seeing the puffs of smoke of arty fire, etc.. I just wish we could get a dynamic campaign engine integrated into DCS. While the one in Falcon isn't perfect, it works well enough that I've been playing it off/on now for 20 years...

The fact that no better Jet Fighter sim has come along in 20 years says a lot too...

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Mirificus posted:

"BDO Ranger by Vertisce"

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

FailureToReport posted:

loving THIS!

SO MUCH THIS!

I've had SOOOOOO many people in the comments the last few days saying "Oh they had to completely redo their engine when they switched......"

Chris said it was instant.
Brian says it was instant.
Some dude in charge of Evocatii (I dont remember his name) said there was no time wasted.

WHICH IS IT GUYS!?!? I'm starting to get Star Citizen Derangement Syndrome over here!

It depends, as you well know, on what the FUDster is concern trolling about at the time. If the conversation is about how long development is taking then they had to switch their whole engine. If it's about how carelessly Chris (pledge be upon him) wastes his resources then it didn't take any time at all because they're the same engine. :mmmsmug: If it's about the Crytek lawsuit then I don't even understand why they're suing and therefore fishing expedition.

When a Star Citizen is arguing at you he's actually bargaining with that voice he locked up in his brain closet years ago along with all the other faculties a person might use to avoid a scam. You're just the stand-in for his own shameful doubt. So don't get mad at the commandos for being dullards. It's actually a very stressful situation for them.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lol we post your dumb poo poo to laugh at you, idiot

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hi vertisce you dumb motherfucker

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus posted:

Optix334's Images

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

hey vertices, archive this

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Beet Wagon posted:

hey vertices, archive this

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Guys, I have something to confess. I.... I have a fetish for Vertisce.

It's they say: dumb is sexier than sexy.

Beet Wagon posted:

lol we post your dumb poo poo to laugh at you, idiot

Don't Judge me!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Big fan of Optix334's pivot away from "but the realism!" to "it's not about realism!"

loving lmao "it takes too much computing power to render space". You loving nubbin.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
my fetish is honkin big anime titties

something vertisce and I seem to share

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TheAgent posted:

Vertish is probably terrified of your world of big anime titties

He just wants to play a ranger whose breasts clip through her arms. Fidelity!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I actually cracked up during the post credit scene

You'll know why lol

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...
I don't know about you guys but I'm brigading the absolute stuffing out of that reddit ding-dong!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

just ask the secret operations officer for the automatic vertisce downvote script

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
YOUTUBE: GamerMax throws down!

Real title: Star Citizen: My Response To "You Don't Know What Alpha Means!"

Opening lines: “I’m reading through my comments and it’s amazing how toxic Star Citizen fans are...”

Um, yeah.

“I would rather have a channel filled with Haters and Doubters, because they treat me better than you do. And that’s pretty sad.”

Yes, GamerMax, it is sad. A lot of us have been calling attention to this problem for a looooooong time. But you really need to choose which side of the fence you’re going to hang your legs off, dude. Videos about Haters / Trolls one day, videos about toxic Zealots the next... you’re a gamer without a country and without a game.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

Apparently this is a Dark Knight? Seems like they have big gazoongas too.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they are probably all huge except for one loli class and then theres like a playable dog or something

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Late to the golden post but this is a masterwork

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Hey Vertisce, stop brigading our forums!

(Reading people talking about your words on another site is "brigading" right?)

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ghostlight posted:

Big fan of Optix334's pivot away from "but the realism!" to "it's not about realism!"

loving lmao "it takes too much computing power to render space". You loving nubbin.

Yes, modern graphics cards have trouble rendering black I hear.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Gold. Pure gold.

Zaphod42 posted:

I had a weird daydream today and

Also, love this.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Wow :five:

:perfect:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Awesome! posted:

just ask the secret operations officer for the automatic vertisce downvote script

Using that myself. Also i started auto-upvoting all the other loonies.

Star Citizen looking good

necroid
May 14, 2009

hahaha

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

TheAgent posted:

I would absolutely never criticize someone for their aesthetic preferences.

BDO is a really loving awful MMO though. I played it for all of around 30 minutes and hated it. It's got an excellent character creator but that's about it.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
I don't understand why you would try so desperately to argue that having tons of struts on fighter craft makes sense in the far future when they don't even make sense today. The argument can be settled in five seconds by saying "it might not make logical sense, but Chris is going for an early WW2 aesthetic." Done.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8y5ti7/moderation_changes/

They finally found our undercover goon mod

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

This belongs to the goons ops thread.
Varthiss is watching this space.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxVRpV4a5po

"Selective Attention or: How to not waste absurd amounts of money on things nobody will see."

"One day we'll be able to create worlds that are as detailed as reality, at which point our games will become deeply engaging and meaningful. This is a collective hallucination."

Pls watch, Croberts

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

Judging from the dropoff in the latest leaderboard numbers, just about everybody who plays Star Citizen is in Evocati by now.

Average concurrent players/unique players per day (estimated from 3.1 leaderboards):

Star Marine: 2.6 / 161.4
Arena Commander: 2.1 / 80.1
Murray Cup: 0.5 / 31.4

Total: 5.2 / 246.2

Calling Boviscopophovic!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/the-numbers-of-people-playing-ac-arena-commander-r

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jul 12, 2018

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

"Why is no one playing Arena Commander?"

*hushed whispers and deliberation while trying to think of a reason that's not "there isn't much to it and it gets old after an hour or so and it's the same poo poo we've been playing to pass the years away waiting for the game to be made"*

"Um, because there's now SO much to do in the main game?"

Uneasy agreements and backslapping echo throughout the thread.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Colostomy Bag posted:

So why does the Bear have such reverence in turboprop land?

And more importantly, why aren't turbo props in Star Citizen?

Mostly because turbo props usually don't go fast enough to reach supersonic relative velocities on the blade tips. The relative supersonic speed leads to some funky sound effects especially in uncaged running gear like open props and rotors.

The huey rotor is a good example with its clop sound. That's a supersonic effect.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

G0RF posted:

YOUTUBE: GamerMax throws down!

Real title: Star Citizen: My Response To "You Don't Know What Alpha Means!"

Opening lines: “I’m reading through my comments and it’s amazing how toxic Star Citizen fans are...”

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jul 12, 2018

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
these idiots think to be able to have your view in game look through the floor you have to actually code up some in-game remote cameras which pipe feeds through to your characters in-game helmet?

:psyduck:

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

starkebn posted:

these idiots think to be able to have your view in game look through the floor you have to actually code up some in-game remote cameras which pipe feeds through to your characters in-game helmet?

:psyduck:

To be fair, that is exactly how CR would demand it be programmed.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Baxta posted:

To be fair, that is exactly how CR would demand it be programmed.

i know - he's king of these idiots

I've said before it should be something like the cockpit in Titanfall 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

TheAgent posted:

also travis county texas republican leader robert morrow!!!