Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

Why not just not do PPR or Half-PPR since it does the same thing? Standard Scoring is basically RB++

I am so confused. Can you explain the thought process behind it?

PPR (or HPPR) overall will help to even the balance between WR/RB (aside from the top few RB that get targets on a WR1/2 level).

but yeah, standard scoring is already highly favorable to RBs, seems odd to add PPR with the intent of making RBs better.

The goal of a scoring system, generally, should be to make the positions more even in value, VAR, or some combination thereof. Starting from RBs are best and making them better just seems weird.

But as long as y'all are enjoying it, that's all that matters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Why not just not do PPR or Half-PPR since it does the same thing? Standard Scoring is basically RB++

I am so confused. Can you explain the thought process behind it?

They wanted more points per game so we moved to .5 ppr flat. After a year or 2 they wanted to bring back rb value, keep higher scoring games, and try something different.

E
I did show them zaupers suggestion to get a ppr conversation going again. We run our dynasty league on a 3 year cycle, where every three years u have to cut your roster down an extra amount, and that's the only time we are gonna do scoring changes.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 11, 2018

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Ben Nevis posted:

If one wanted to do variable PPR settings by position, what's a good set up?

We do

.5 rb
1 wr
1.5 TE

Plus the following yardage bonuses.

.1 x yard RB/WR
.13 x yard TE

We also award points for first downs but that’s getting into the weeds.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Do you do flat or scaling PP1D?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Zauper posted:

Do you do flat or scaling PP1D?

.5 across the board

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

.5 across the board

If you had to pick one to be the same, probably better to do ppr over PP1D. The top RBs last season had more 1ds than receptions. Something like 12-14 RBs had more 1ds than any WR. Similarly, gronk (most TE firsts with 57) is about 15-20 behind the top WR; 50ish behind the top RB.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

My main league is discussing swapping to a super-flex this season and I'm looking for a bit of advice. When you have a superflex slot do you just replace your normal RB/WR/TE slot with a superflex? Do you add a superflex spot to the starting roster in addition adding an extra starter? Also, does anyone have an opinion on limiting rostered QBs to 2 or 3 to ensure the whole league has a shot at 2 or do you just let the market decide?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Always let the market decide

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Silly Burrito posted:

Calvinball time! :dance:

My friends and I made a separate league last year with bonkers scoring for each value. I think fumbles were +3.5 or something. We also decided that the true winner each week was whoever scored closer to 100 without going over. It was absolute madness but fun.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Frustrated posted:

My main league is discussing swapping to a super-flex this season and I'm looking for a bit of advice. When you have a superflex slot do you just replace your normal RB/WR/TE slot with a superflex? Do you add a superflex spot to the starting roster in addition adding an extra starter? Also, does anyone have an opinion on limiting rostered QBs to 2 or 3 to ensure the whole league has a shot at 2 or do you just let the market decide?

My league with a superflex replaced the RB/WR/TE flex (and added a WR/TE flex). We also capped rostered QBs at 3.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

My friends and I made a separate league last year with bonkers scoring for each value. I think fumbles were +3.5 or something. We also decided that the true winner each week was whoever scored closer to 100 without going over. It was absolute madness but fun.

There was a Calvinball league here that I was in a few years back where the scoring rules changed every week. Fun as hell and hated to drop it. Not sure if it's still around or not.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Is the Game of Roto league coming back this year?

I need to continue my streak of having a juggernaut team that everyone is terrified of that just misses the playoffs.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

How dare you sir

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Eric Ebron is back on my list folks.

EE or bust, for the 100th straight year

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

1st year I’m on this train with you.

In my main dynasty league that is TE premium, I have one solid TE (Kelce) and 2 please “hit so I can laugh at everyone options” (Ebron and ASJ).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've got Olsen and Ebron. My problem is I'm over my cap and Olsen is $13 ($250 cap), but Ebron at $2 I can use regardless of whether Spoeank is a dumb bitch with terrible taste who will never change or improve as promised.

I feel like Olsen is kind of the forgotten top TE right now, people are worried about his injury from last year but he came back and performed well after it, and he remains a top cam newton target, so I don't see what's radically changed to make him no longer be useful. I just wish I had him for something under $10.

I can't talk too much about my plans here because it's a goon league, but I am gonna have to decide before the rookie draft whether I want to keep or try to trade Olsen.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I drafted Kelce, Olsen, Engram, and Reed in the Scott Fish Bowl draft. Before a QB or RB2. It's a TE premium league with bonuses for receptions and first downs so it should be interesting to see if this strategy remotely works.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

1st year I’m on this train with you.

In my main dynasty league that is TE premium, I have one solid TE (Kelce) and 2 please “hit so I can laugh at everyone options” (Ebron and ASJ).

drat TE1, 2 and 3 this year :eyepop:

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Spoeank posted:

It's the perfect scenario for the Ebron breakout and his ADP is so low! How could this fail?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

drat TE1, 2 and 3 this year :eyepop:

I like your thinking, but nah.

TE1, TE3, and TE5.

Can’t forgrt about Gronk and RSJ

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Austin Hooper

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

I can't talk too much about my plans here because it's a goon league, but I am gonna have to decide before the rookie draft whether I want to keep or try to trade Olsen.

I dont own a TE fyi.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Forever_Peace posted:

Austin Hooper

Austin Pooper can have one of the back end top 10 spots.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

As you guys know I (because I wont shut up about it), I had Kelce and H. Henry in my dynasty salary cap league. I traded Kelce this offseason, literally a few hours before H. Henry went down for the season.

So now my only TE is... :siren:ERIC EBRON:siren:

I know the RSJ owner is going to drop him, so my goal is to get him in the draft. Other than that my only other options will be to draft a rookie TE. Yikes.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 13, 2018

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

RCarr posted:

Other than that my only other options will be to draft a rookie TE. Yikes.

Jake Butt.
Keenum throws to TEs.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Jake Butt.
Keenum throws to TEs.

I actually had Jake Butt on my team last year just because his name made me laugh. He is definitely a FA, so thanks for the tip!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tiptoes posted:

It's the perfect scenario for the Ebron breakout and his ADP is so low! How could this fail?

Hey man if your brand isn't drafting a TE in the teen rounds just to scream at him because he isn't doing what you want I don't know what to tell you

Eric Ebron had a TE1 season last year and hasn't finished outside the top fifteen. I believe

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Eric... Ebron? Really? The guy with the freakish athletic talent but couldn't crack TE12 (he was 13 last year) with a decent QB?
Yeah, there's something wrong with Ebron.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Andrew Luck will lower from the heavens and lift Ebron to the promised land.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

Andrew Luck will lower from the heavens and lift Ebron to the promised land.

Not sure he can lift 200 pounds with one arm

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

Eric... Ebron? Really? The guy with the freakish athletic talent but couldn't crack TE12 (he was 13 last year) with a decent QB?
Yeah, there's something wrong with Ebron.

he was TE12 you wanna fight about this because I will fight you about this

And it's EE at his draft price not EE over Gronk or Kelce or something.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Isn't he still competing with the guy who was TE 8 last year? That doesn't seem to bode well for Ebron.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

As you guys know I (because I wont shut up about it), I had Kelce and H. Henry in my dynasty salary cap league. I traded Kelce this offseason, literally a few hours before H. Henry went down for the season.

So now my only TE is... :siren:ERIC EBRON:siren:

I know the RSJ owner is going to drop him, so my goal is to get him in the draft. Other than that my only other options will be to draft a rookie TE. Yikes.

Why not throw the guy a 4th round pick or something to grab RSJ instead of gambling in the draft?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Ben Nevis posted:

Isn't he still competing with the guy who was TE 8 last year? That doesn't seem to bode well for Ebron.

Old HC, old OC, different QB.

The new regime is in love with Ebron and will play him like Ertz & Engram.

Doyle is a JAG who was productive last year because Brisket couldn't get the ball down the field so it was all dumps to Doyle.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Oh, yeah, I was looking at PPR.

Happy to be wrong if it means that HPPR, the one true scoring system, is now considered the default for arguments.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Alfalfa posted:

Old HC, old OC, different QB.

The new regime is in love with Ebron and will play him like Ertz & Engram.

Doyle is a JAG who was productive last year because Brisket couldn't get the ball down the field so it was all dumps to Doyle.

He's just a guy who's outperformed Ebron 2 years in a row.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh, yeah, I was looking at PPR.

Happy to be wrong if it means that HPPR, the one true scoring system, is now considered the default for arguments.

It isn't

Ben Nevis posted:

He's just a guy who's outperformed Ebron 2 years in a row.

Also qft

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Demarco Murray retired at age 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RCarr posted:

Demarco Murray retired at age 30.

He announced it today he retired before last season tbh