Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

Actually you should buy slimani

That’s a no for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

kcer posted:

my sources (twitter) tell me another Chelsea player might be coming too!!!

would be a big fan of loftus-cheek now i've seen him play

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

That's a good signing.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

kcer posted:

my sources (twitter) tell me another Chelsea player might be coming too!!!

I would be very happy if Tammy Abraham went to Newcastle on loan. They need strikers and Rafa knows what he's doing.

Also Jorginho is reportedly having a medical today

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Kenedy is on loan so any Chelsea deal has to be a transfer. Abraham didn’t exactly set the league alight last season

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Kenedy is on loan so any Chelsea deal has to be a transfer. Abraham didn’t exactly set the league alight last season

He didn't, but he scored about 20% of Swansea's league goals :classiclol:

I know nothing about Sarri, does he like youth players? And will Roman gently caress off enough to let him use some youth players?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I know nothing about Sarri, does he like youth players? And will Roman gently caress off enough to let him use some youth players?

He doesn't use youth players and in fact, he rarely rotates the squad at all. He finds what works and then never deviates.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Gigi Galli posted:

He doesn't use youth players and in fact, he rarely rotates the squad at all. He finds what works and then never deviates.

So he will fit right in with Roman and Chelsea of the last 5+ years. Perfect!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol at thinking chelseas youth program is anything other than a method of making a couple of mil on each kid who'll never make it at chelsea

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Felipe Anderson is flying in for his medical with West Ham today so it looks like that transfer is finally going through. Never thought I'd see West Ham do this much good business this early in the window

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

lol at thinking chelseas youth program is anything other than a method of making a couple of mil on each kid who'll never make it at chelsea

If it helps balance the books, then it serves its purpose? How many English clubs really have such an amazing academy that they can just get their first teamers and squad players from there as opposed to buying?

My expectations might be super low because Liverpool's academy has been uneven since it started.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Felipe Anderson is flying in for his medical with West Ham today so it looks like that transfer is finally going through. Never thought I'd see West Ham do this much good business this early in the window

I still love the story of why he was a slow starter with Lazio: all he ate for the first few months when he came to Rome was pasta carbonara and Coke, as that was what he knew how to order in Italian, and as such gained a ton of weight

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Jose posted:

Let me have dreams. :(

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I would be very happy if Tammy Abraham went to Newcastle on loan. They need strikers and Rafa knows what he's doing.

Also Jorginho is reportedly having a medical today

Tammy Abraham is poo poo, op.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I've never seen him play, can anyone advise if he's any good?

Troy Queef posted:

I still love the story of why he was a slow starter with Lazio: all he ate for the first few months when he came to Rome was pasta carbonara and Coke, as that was what he knew how to order in Italian, and as such gained a ton of weight

lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bogan Krkic posted:

I've never seen him play, can anyone advise if he's any good?

lmao

He is good yes. He was better two years ago now he is just pretty good.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Gigi Galli posted:

He is good yes. He was better two years ago now he is just pretty good.

Declining by the age of 25, a very West Ham signing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Brony Car posted:

If it helps balance the books, then it serves its purpose? How many English clubs really have such an amazing academy that they can just get their first teamers and squad players from there as opposed to buying?

My expectations might be super low because Liverpool's academy has been uneven since it started.

i don't give a poo poo. it was aimed at a chelsea supporter hoping they'd bring some youth players through

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Apparently Fiat workers are going to go on strike because the investment group that owns them also owns Juventus and they're mad they spent 100m on Ronaldo instead of investing in the factory

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44807281

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Arthur was also officially presented today at Barca. His transfer was done last window but there was debate on whether he would come this summer or next winter.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

vyelkin posted:

Apparently Fiat workers are going to go on strike because the investment group that owns them also owns Juventus and they're mad they spent 100m on Ronaldo instead of investing in the factory

Coming soon, the Fiat Ronaldo

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

vyelkin posted:

The Agnellis are one of the founders of Fiat dude.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

newcastle have sold mikel merino

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Jose posted:

newcastle have sold mikel merino

Wasn't he really good for you guys?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ollie McBurnie has signed a new contract and is going to lead the line for us this season.

Hope he can afford proper socks now the scruffy oval office.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bogan Krkic posted:

Wasn't he really good for you guys?

first half of the season but he had a £10m minimum release clause

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Healbot posted:

The Agnellis are one of the founders of Fiat dude.

I think they have a point, but also it's summer in Italy and if that means anything it means that unions will be striking for any reason whatsoever. If it wasn't this they would've gone on strike for a few days and nobody outside of Italy would've even known.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

BWV posted:

Lenglet to Barcelona is a done deal (35.9 mil euro buyout)

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/
the gently caress is a lenglet, sounds like a korean fusion chicken wing

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Gigi Galli posted:

I think they have a point, but also it's summer in Italy and if that means anything it means that unions will be striking for any reason whatsoever. If it wasn't this they would've gone on strike for a few days and nobody outside of Italy would've even known.

its also a sunday to tuesday strike in one of six factories and wont cause any production disruption

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Vegetable posted:

the gently caress is a lenglet, sounds like a korean fusion chicken wing

a nice left footed CB, only 23. A weird signing after they already re-signed Umtitti but I guess since Vermaelen is always hurt and Mina is transfer rumoured to France it's insurance.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

looks like big andy and winston reid will be leaving west ham, both been sent home from pre-season

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

where can West Ham find a permacrocked giant to replace big andy?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

its ok, wilshere will keep his physio table warm

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

looks like big andy and winston reid will be leaving west ham, both been sent home from pre-season

West Ham just confirmed that they're both injured for three months. Quelle surprise

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Gigi Galli posted:

Requiring sacrifices from your workers while stiffing them on pay raises several years in a row and lavishly spending money on your vanity project comes off as slightly self-indulgent imo, just imo.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

first half of the season but he had a £10m minimum release clause

It’s strange he’s had two very low buyout/loan clauses

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Brony Car posted:

MBM can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that president already started throwing Sporting's players under the bus after they lost steam in the league title race and then lost to Atletico Madrid in the Europa League. That was before the cup final you're talking about.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/07/sporting-lisbon-president-suspends-19-players-after-social-media-spat

The training ground invasion was pretty brutal and Sporting's top scorer Das Bost even got hit in the head. The President's reaction on the other hand was to say "But tomorrow is a new day, and we have to realise that crime is part of everyday life and has to be punished in the right place."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776584-attack-on-sporting-what-drove-lisbon-fans-to-violence-against-their-own-team

The normal Sporting fans want the guy out:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44595328

Yeah, it's basically as people have said. The players had a lovely relationship with the president, and used the attack on the academy as the excuse to resign. Not saying that the attack wasn't lovely, but of the nine who resigned only two or three were attacked and some of them weren't even in the academy when it happened. The president since then has been voted out, as he was starting to get a bit too insane for even the fans who'd voted for him in the previous elections with 90% of the votes. Anyway, the people here saying Sporting are completely in the wrong and will lose all the cases in court don't know poo poo about labor law, especially when it comes to FIFA. The only way the club could be blamed for the academy attack is if they'd been negligent in their duty of care, but safety there was the same as it was in any other day; not enough to stop a stampede of 50 ultras obviously, same as any other club. The rumors that the president might have "instigated" the attack had led nowhere, the ultras who did the attack have been in jail for 2 months and have never blamed anyone in the club, just the players' poor performances for their decision to do it. The president was eccentric, yes, and liked sending text messages to players "encouraging" them to do more, but these players were the team captains, the ones who were supposed to be the link between him and the team, so I don't think it's that serious. The thing about him suspending the players was just a facebook post, and he never went through with it, not sure why these news sites keep mentioning it.

Bea Nanner posted:

No way Sporting get anything out of this. They did just send in a huge dossier to FIFA, but I doubt they get anything. Unless it goes to a tribunal or some weird sport arbitration court.

Retard. Of course it goes to a sport arbitration court, a FIFA one specifically. And the players' case doesn't have a leg to stand on, and Rui Patricio's is probably the strongest one and still flimsy as hell. And everyone knows it, which is why of the 9 players who resigned only two have been signed by other clubs: Rui Patricio and Podence, two players who are represented by Jorge Mendes, who's been an enemy of the club for the past few years, and that's why those two players have signed with teams inside the Jorge Mendes machine (Olympiacos and Wolves). Good luck winning a court case where you were arguing for lack of safety and then go to a league that gets suspended by UEFA every season because of ultras problems and a club where the president walked into the pitch with a gun on his hand.
Of the 7 other players, the most valuable has already returned to Sporting, and the others have clubs interested in them but are trying to negotiate with Sporting so they get a deal made without having to go to court, where they'd have to pay ludicrous amounts since the release clause on all these players was €50m+. Most of these players won't get any deals made, and won't get any clubs willing to take the risk to go into court for them, and will try to return to Sporting before the season begins.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Healbot posted:

Requiring sacrifices from your workers while stiffing them on pay raises several years in a row and lavishly spending money on your vanity project comes off as slightly self-indulgent imo, just imo.

It is! That's why I said they have a point!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"Only a few got attacked so the rest shouldn't be complaining" what in the absolute gently caress

• Locked thread