Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Harrow posted:

I do so much better with N-Zaps than anything else right now that it's making me want to force myself to try other weapons just to not be a one-trick pony. But my precious rank! :ohdear:

(the answer is to just play Turf War with new weapons but then I don't make as much money so :v:)

Same, but I'm also good with sloshers.

Pretty bad with everything that isn't nzap, dualies or slosher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No shame sticking with one weapon, I'm about to pass the 1,000,000p mark with Tri Slosher and I probably won't drop it any time soon

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Harrow posted:

(the answer is to just play Turf War with new weapons but then I don't make as much money so :v:)

Salmon Run will make you so much more money than the other modes it's kind of ridiculous.

Jiang Shi
Oct 9, 2012

drat, I was hoping they would unnerf the slosher deco slightly

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
It weathered several nerfs to end up being a mainstay at the World Cup so it's probably in a fine place.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is a minor change:

"Fixed an issue about Clam Blitz and Rank X leaderboard incorrectly showing your rank as S+9 if your actual CB rank was between S+0/+8 and you achieved Rank X in another non-CB mode"

But I'm glad they're fixing it because they tricked me into playing CB once thinking I could rank up once from S+1 to +9 and maybe just see what X was like. Owned

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Crawfish posted:

This sounds good on paper, but every time I try this, without fail, the entire rest of my team dies to the rainmaker and his one guy of backup, or even to the guy with the rainmaker themselves. The best way i've found to play splats is to never believe in your team, and plan around doing that.

This may be something that only flies in B/C-level rainmaker, but if you're brushing and the enemy has the rainmaker, just detour behind them to scoop up the offensive line from a direction they're not expecting. You can outrun them and most maps have a side path that can only be accessed from your side to let you get that positioning.

Jiang Shi
Oct 9, 2012

Blank Construct posted:

It weathered several nerfs to end up being a mainstay at the World Cup so it's probably in a fine place.

It just feels weird to take a weapon with a sprinkler, which is supposed to help you paint and build up special meter, and nerf it by massively jacking up the special cost. Like what is the point of even having that subweapon anymore

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kaethela posted:

Salmon Run will make you so much more money than the other modes it's kind of ridiculous.

This relies on me not sucking at Salmon Run but I should probably make that a goal anyway

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Salmon Run relies more on RNG than anything. Sometimes it just throws too many of the more annoying Boss Salmonids and you get overrun.

And sometimes you get stuck with the Charger on the more Zerg Rushy events.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Kaethela posted:

What's the deal here? I've only played a bit of it, is it a case of building up some multiplier by playing a poo poo ton?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

w00tmonger posted:

What's the deal here? I've only played a bit of it, is it a case of building up some multiplier by playing a poo poo ton?

Yeah. Difficulty ups the final pay multiplier, quota, and enemy count. More quota means more golden eggs, more enemy count means more power eggs, which both turn into pay. The pay gets multiplied into points, and those points turn into random rewards that might be cash, gear (redeemable for cash or chunks), or drink tickets (you will never use all of these).

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Wait, power eggs actually do something? I thought they were just to keep a rough estimate of how much poo poo you killed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Starting SR with the highest rank (profreshional 400) lets you get both super rewards in like...4 victories, or 5 or 6 games at least reaching wave 3 which is pretty feasible. It turns a potentially hour+ grind into like 25 minutes for a shitload of cash, chunks and tickets. I play it whenever its open basically

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also salmon run is freaking fun!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

GANDHITRON posted:

Wait, power eggs actually do something? I thought they were just to keep a rough estimate of how much poo poo you killed.

Yeah 200 power eggs have the same payout as 1 golden egg

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oh I thought they translated to coins in-game :(

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Salmon Run is super fun and I love it. Completely smashing your egg quota or seeing your team get wiped in a ludicrous way are both highly entertaining.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Escobarbarian posted:

oh I thought they translated to coins in-game :(

Not directly. For the full details: https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Salmon_Run#Rewards

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

In Training posted:

Also salmon run is salmon fun!

ftfy

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.

tehllama posted:

Picked the game up this morning, laughed out loud at some people's drawings in the main area. Question about controls - is there a way to make the motion controls permanently change what direction you're facing (rather than have it snap back to a center) or do you have to use right stick for that?

Anyone?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Hit Y to recenter the camera (level and forward relative to your character's facing).

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

quote:

Undercover Brella: Whenever you are credited with an assist or a kill, your shield will fully recover and/or respawn instantly
This is unbelievable. The undercover brella is already fantastic at being a persistent thorn in the side of multiple people. Shield refresh means if they gently caress up they need to start over from the top.

I have been personally buffed.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Y resets the neutral of the motion controls & turns the screen towards whatever direction your character is facing. This is to fix the motion drift and can be used as a 180. The right stick is the equivalent of dragging the mouse all the way across your pad on the PC to do a big turn.

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.
Thanks! Somehow missed that in the tutorial.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

I am mad. Mad about how little they're doing for Splashdown.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

ZeButler posted:

I am mad. Mad about how little they're doing for Splashdown.

Extremely same.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Will it be adding anti-cheat measures?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/Todd_Spengo/status/1017495485139959809?s=19

Allow me to share an asspull of a win. Bzoop.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Muschelchaos is a way better name than Clam Blitz

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Cocoa Crispies posted:

This may be something that only flies in B/C-level rainmaker, but if you're brushing and the enemy has the rainmaker, just detour behind them to scoop up the offensive line from a direction they're not expecting. You can outrun them and most maps have a side path that can only be accessed from your side to let you get that positioning.
This is A+ level rainmaker this is happening in, and i'm rolling.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

quote:

Marooner's Bay - fixed players not drowning on the low tide basket platform during normal tide
This is a shame because the one time I saw it was hilarious.
https://twitter.com/lazlo_nibble/status/1017563764177059840

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Lazlo Nibble posted:

lol

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Update is out.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

No shame sticking with one weapon, I'm about to pass the 1,000,000p mark with Tri Slosher and I probably won't drop it any time soon

Bucket Bros :respek:

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.

Lazlo Nibble posted:

It was hilarious the first time I saw it, because I could see this squid and Steelhead staring at each other in the middle of the ocean, and the Steelhead had no idea what to do. But it got old fast, and pubbies kept doing it to show off, costing everyone their promotions, so I'm glad its fixed. Now I'll laugh when someone tries to do it post-patch.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

So something is different when you check the Salmon Run schedule in game now.

The question marks are now yellow, and glowing. :tinfoil:

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.
I noticed that in the app, too. Maybe we'll get multiple Grizzco weapon types?

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

please be a grizzco blaster, grizzco brella, grizzco charger and grizzco slosher weapon set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

So if you wanted to know what abilities the Pearl and Marina gear have:

:barf: