Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did you track each trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Tashilicious posted:

Did you track each trade

Yes and paid a ton in taxes also.

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

At least you care about legality when it comes to bitcoin trading, unlike other aspects of your life.

Edit: a word

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Jenrai posted:

At least you care about legality when it comes to bitcoin trading, unlike other aspects of your life.

Edit: a word

Yea I smoke pot. I'm a big time criminal.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Didn't do anything with Cardano, but I do use some Cardamom from time to time.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

EorayMel posted:

You cannot trust Bancors.

You can't trust anyone with your money.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Risc1911 posted:

You can't trust anyone with your money.

Having money means you trust someone will give you something in exchange for it 🤔

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
So wait the price of btc on one exchange is 45% higher than another exchange and this is... Good for bitcoin?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I recall hearing that arbitrage is difficult in bitcoin because of the transaction times, cost, etc, but at a 45% gap it has to profitable still, correct?

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

Sure, if you can ever cash out on an obvious scam exchange.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
more like buttcon

if i had to run a bitcoin convention for some reason i would definitely name it ButtCon

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Where is it at $9k?

I kinda want to see the chart for that.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Don't worry it'll be back to 6k in a week or less

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Jenrai posted:

Sure, if you can ever cash out on an obvious scam exchange.

Sure send us all your bitcoin, we have people paying a $2k premium for it.

Oh, sorry, withdrawals are closed, please hodl on until we can get this problem sorted out.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.businessinsider.com/floating-city-plans-seasteading-institute-peter-thiel-blue-frontiers-2017-12

quote:

Nearly a decade ago, billionaire Peter Thiel cofounded a nonprofit called Seasteading Institute and contributed seed funding toward what could become the world's first floating city.
In May 2018, the institute embarked on a pilot project with the government of French Polynesia. The group plans to build 300 houses on an island, which will run under its own governance and use its own cryptocurrency called Varyon by 2022.

On Thursday, presales began for the Varyon cryptocurrency, offering bonuses from 5% to 15%. The presale will last until July 14. (The Seasteading Institute has not yet determined when the public sale will start.)

At first, the project's founders imagined the city as a libertarian utopia free of regulation (and taxes). Joe Quirk, president of the Institute, told Business Insider that his team's vision has evolved beyond that. The group now also sees the city as a way to live with rising sea levels, which are expected to increase more than six feet by the end of this century.

Is a man not entitled to the butt of his coin

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Fried Watermelon posted:

Don't worry the exchange will disappear with everyone's money in a week or less

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

AARO posted:

Bet you guys are feeling pretty dumb about the new thread title now that Bitcoin is over 9k.

:confused:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

yeah, 91⅃9 dollars

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Boxturret posted:

yeah, 91⅃9 dollars

:gerard:

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Took four obvious "pumps" to get it near the last high (~6850) and only 2 dumps to retrace more than 60% (~6130)

Four steps up, one hell of a ride down.

Risc1911 fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 12, 2018

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

idk looks fine to me

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
pomp it

domp it

kill him

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
a Lisa retracement is imminent

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

is today a good day to buy bitcoin???

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
*checks moon calendar*

yes

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Also no.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Two drifters meet. Something needs to be exchanged.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Cryptocurrency is so loving useless

The weed store here has up until recently only accepted cash, as is the standard. They have an on-site one of those little sketchy convenience store ATMs that charges a frankly exorbitant transaction fee of $2.50 to withdraw cash. I never carry cash and using the ATM sucks, and I noticed today that they had a card reader. I mentioned it to the clerk and he explained that it was Visa only and involved a cryptocurrency conversion. The screen showed a Bitcoin logo so I assume it uses that. Then he explained that there's a $3.50 surcharge to convert the fee.

So it's actually more expensive to use my debit card than it is to just withdraw cash at the ATM. gently caress Bitcoin

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Heath posted:

The weed store here has up until recently only accepted cash, as is the standard. They have an on-site one of those little sketchy convenience store ATMs that charges a frankly exorbitant transaction fee of $2.50 to withdraw cash. I never carry cash and using the ATM sucks, and I noticed today that they had a card reader. I mentioned it to the clerk and he explained that it was Visa only and involved a cryptocurrency conversion. The screen showed a Bitcoin logo so I assume it uses that. Then he explained that there's a $3.50 surcharge to convert the fee.

So it's actually more expensive to use my debit card than it is to just withdraw cash at the ATM. gently caress Bitcoin

Weedcoin lives on with Dennis Rodman and visa

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Heath posted:

Hahaha. This is probably like what Western Union does with your money while it's in transit to its destination, except...Bitcoin.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
shenanigans at the weed store

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Risc1911 posted:

Took four obvious "pumps" to get it near the last high (~6850) and only 2 dumps to retrace more than 60% (~6130)

Four steps up, one hell of a ride down.

Pomp pomp

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Looks like bitcoin and other cryptos were heavily used by the 12 Russians indicted today for interfering in the election.

https://www.justice.gov/file/1080281/download

It's worth ctrl+f'ing bitcoin and reading for fun.

(This is good for bitcoin)

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
https://mobile.twitter.com/coinbase/status/1017863343288115200?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
Another new masterpiece from Bizonacci:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMonlRsJ5hY

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ADA, XLM, BAT, ZEC, ZRX huh?

Let's look at binance's 24 hour charts

They are going to pick the $170 ZEC and not your ten cent shitcoin AARO

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Today we are announcing our pump so tomorrow we can announce our dump. Thank you for your money and have a nice day.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Powershift posted:

Today we are announcing our pump so tomorrow we can announce our dump. Thank you for your money and have a nice day.

Um, excuse me sir, perhaps you haven’t heard, but it’s been made abundantly clear; funds are safe.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

How will Trump's trade war affect the Bitcoin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

nnnotime posted:

Another new masterpiece from Bizonacci:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMonlRsJ5hY

Bonjour Mr McDonald

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 14, 2018