Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

So those of you in Azure, what do you do about subscription management? We don't spend enough yet to warrant getting an enterprise agreement, but we have a few users with subscriptions all tied to the same dept credit card.

Is there any way for an admin to get an overview of all subscriptions, including managing alerts and invoices without having to be added as a co-admin or whatever on every single one? Is the only solution to setup these subs under a single account and share them out from there?

This is my understanding.

We have a single subscription, and manage permissions by resource group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

One guys phone has 'Rock Me Like a Hurricane' as a ringtone

The other has that Fox news 'wooooosh clang' sound every time he gets an email

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Bob Morales posted:

On the phone now with a third guy trying to figure out where the purple wire goes

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

They got it all back together!

doesn't work :(

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QPlhoOIC8g

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

The Fool posted:

This is my understanding.

We have a single subscription, and manage permissions by resource group.

This is what I've been finding, I've just wanted some confirmation. Time to wrangle up some subscriptions!

As far as actually managing permissions, Management Groups looks like it will be really helpful when it comes out of preview.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bob Morales posted:

That does not sound healthy at all. I would summon the technician back with a replacement printer and have him turn this paperweight into the modern piece of art it was before.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Is that an M402n? All this for a $200 printer?

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Spent more on labor than the actual cost of the device, that's about all the enterprise I can handle for one day.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Bob Morales posted:

This is the most I’ve cared about a printer tale since ever was invented.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

I wanted to know what film this was so I reverse image searched it and holy loving poo poo, google, what the gently caress

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

pixaal posted:

Is that an M402n? All this for a $200 printer?

Helpdesk guy is on the phone with a foreign-sounded woman.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Jaded Burnout posted:

I wanted to know what film this was so I reverse image searched it and holy loving poo poo, google, what the gently caress

Executive Decision with Kurt Russell and Steven Seagal. Steve dies in like the first 10 minutes, a plane gets hijacked so some special ops commando team loads up in a stealth bomber (they can apparently carry as many people as a minivan) and they dock up with a 747 to get on board to stop the bad guys (and disarm their stolen nukes)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bob Morales posted:

Executive Decision with Kurt Russell and Steven Seagal. Steve dies in like the first 10 minutes, a plane gets hijacked so some special ops commando team loads up in a stealth bomber (they can apparently carry as many people as a minivan) and they dock up with a 747 to get on board to stop the bad guys (and disarm their stolen nukes)

GO SEE IT THAT MOVIE IS GREAT.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Oh hey I think I have that film somewhere

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Bob Morales posted:

M506n image

Helpdesk guy is on the phone with a foreign-sounded woman.

An M506n, same case, and far less common in my experience. That's still pushing it in labor at this point though.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Bob Morales posted:

did they reassemble it with a woodpecker inside? jesus

how much are you paying them for the honor of being a training facility for printer techs, exactly

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bob Morales posted:

Day 3

He brought in reinforcements. Some other older dude is here putting it back together. Yelling at this dude for taking it apart too far, and 'forcing' stuff.

“I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.”

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Jaded Burnout posted:

Oh hey I think I have that film somewhere

It's peak 90s, excellent viewing

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I love this kind of thing, are they gone already? Did they even test? Like seriously.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

“Well why don’t we just put this VPC inside the other VPC!”

:fireman:

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

This employee who was with the company for 17 years quit without notice, can you automate all her tasks?

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

First of May posted:

This employee who was with the company for 17 years quit without notice, can you automate all her tasks?

I don't really think this is as ridiculous a question as it seems, especially since there's no stated deadline.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Update on the stupid Avaya thing: turns out these phones are new to the point that most VARs haven't used them, so they are going in blind too. So, the existing phones we use, the basic 9608 models connect to a server over http to check for updates. The phones do the same, but connect using https, and also are built on Android, so they are really more of a tablet then a basic phone.
But, Avaya in their infinite wisdom, hosed up the whole SSL bit. The server ships with a bad cert, so when booting a phone, it checks the update server, sees that it doesn't like the cert and breaks the connection. The VAR has a plan of putting a new cert on there, which is good, but they want us to generate a new one using our CA. This makes sense, we get one made for the server but I ask how are the phones going to trust it. Since its signed by us, the phones don't trust the CA, so we need to push it onto them. By the server they refuse to connect to.

I'm just going to buy a cert tomorrow from digicert and be done with this. I'm looking at LetsEncrypt, but I'm not sure I have root access to this server. And it can't reach the internet. Also gently caress it.

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe
You can auth let’s encrypt if you have access to dns and can make records.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

First of May posted:

Set up a computer with the solitaire game-finished bouncing cards as a screensaver, and put some wind-up chattering teeth with some bubble gum on the desk. Mark it as done and wait to see if anyone ever complains. If not, job finished.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Thanks Ants posted:

Spare a thought for someone who’s job is to supervise on-site printer repair techs.

Sort of late on this but I did this for just under a year. I supervised the techs remotely, offered them technical support, read documents, ordered parts and booked their appointments.

It was unbearable. For some reason it seems the basic quals to be a printer tech are:

-alive person
-can drive
-doesnt care a lot about being paid good money.

Guys would remove the wrong parts, replace the still functional part with something that broke the machine more, damage machines trying to do things as simple as clearing jams, it was loving maddening. I remember going home the night after a tech had removed a scanner bulb on an MFP and rang me to see if a normal 50w light bulb would suffice while the part was on order and writing up the resume that got me the gently caress out of there and into public sector work.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
So uh, I'm guessing they didn't actually test it before leaving? Did they just finish without any parts left over, declare it done and GTFO?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

So uh, I'm guessing they didn't actually test it before leaving? Did they just finish without any parts left over, declare it done and GTFO?

Be sure to check under the desk. They may accidentally/on-purpose kicked a part or two under there that they couldn’t figure out.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Fuuuuck, just got turned down for the most promising job I've applied for. nothing else is progressing :smith:

I feel like I'm in that stupid graduate position where I can't move to a new job because I don't have enough relevant experience, but I can't get enough relevant experience unless I get a new job.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Day 15 of waiting for a TXT record to be added to a client's domain by their IT provider :thumbsup:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
We had an all-hands today where the finance/accounting team announced that we were so happy with External Service Provider A that we'll be moving all of the stuff we do through External Service Provider B over shortly.

This is news to literally everyone on the org chart responsible for writing and maintaining the interfaces for both ESP A and ESP B, and we (at least before today) had booked-solid dev schedules from now until Q2 2019 that had nothing at all about this out of the blue mass migration asspull.

Surprise! :yotj:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Day 15 of waiting for a TXT record to be added to a client's domain by their IT provider :thumbsup:

They have no idea what that is or how to do it and are hoping it will go away.

Send them directions; Assuming you know who they are using for DNS hosting.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Bob Morales posted:

This is the song of mourning that printers sing when a family member dies.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

pixaal posted:

They have no idea what that is or how to do it and are hoping it will go away.

Send them directions; Assuming you know who they are using for DNS hosting.

As far as I can tell they don’t know which name server is actually being used and keep adding it to the wrong one. Using whois is apparently beyond them. I’ve asked if they need help, if they can just do a screen share, nothing.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Thanks Ants posted:

As far as I can tell they don’t know which name server is actually being used and keep adding it to the wrong one. Using whois is apparently beyond them. I’ve asked if they need help, if they can just do a screen share, nothing.

I've been there, usually found it quicker and easier to just get logins and do it myself, but if they aren't even to do a screen share...

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Set up a computer with the solitaire game-finished bouncing cards as a screensaver, and put some wind-up chattering teeth with some bubble gum on the desk. Mark it as done and wait to see if anyone ever complains. If not, job finished.

Every person i've ever met who has been with a company 15+ years ever.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from

Bob Morales posted:

lol it's a printer death rattle

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

silicone thrills posted:

Every person i've ever met who has been with a company 15+ years ever.

How do people stay at a company for 15 years? I don't think i've ever not been bored 2 years into a position.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

dogstile posted:

How do people stay at a company for 15 years? I don't think i've ever not been bored 2 years into a position.

In the same position? Never.

But as long as I keep getting promotions, raises, and offered new challenges and positions I'll stick around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

dogstile posted:

Be a moron that no one else would ever hire