Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Darkrenown posted:

Does everyone have to accept the EULA every time they log in now, or do I have a weird bug? I'm sure it only used to ask after an update in the past.

Anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrow
Mar 18, 2011

ZERO-G HERO
Oh hey, I haven't played botes in ages, lets have some fun...

12xp to have the most XP in a match.. on the losing team.

:shepicide:

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Kerrow posted:

Should thank that Shokaku for suiciding 32 planes into supreme American AA.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Secondary République. Go.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

toadee posted:

Should thank that Shokaku for suiciding 32 planes into supreme American AA.

Honestly, those plane kills are a huge chunk of why toadee's exp is so high in that battle. I know why they increased the awarded exp for plane kills, but it really does unbalance exp totals if one of the CVs is a dumbass and feeds a single ship a huge number of kills - see also this battle:

Where I likely decently outdid the Montana(going by lack of badges) in terms of helping win the game, in a ship a tier lower no less, but he still received literally half again as much exp as I did for doing basically nothing active due to the enemy CV being an utter trashfire.

Also a decent example of why the old Clear Sky requirements were so idiotic, and thankfully got replaced a month back or so.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 12, 2018

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

applied to BOATC as ItsBritneyBro

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

I had to hit accept on the Eula for like, a ton of times before it finally stuck. It's gone away for me now though.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

I had to do it once, but no :/

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Kerrow posted:

Just another daily reminder to division wherever possible.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Kerrow posted:

Just another daily reminder to division wherever possible.

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:
I have the E. Dragon, but rarely use it these days. It's funny to see people start arguing in chat about haxs when they see the blue explodey poo poo from the torps. Have people already forgotten about the dragon ships? I see ARP guys all the time, so i dunno

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

got accused of using an aimbot for the first time :woop:

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Pretty dramatic game-play change from Lyon to Richelieu. These are some super punchy guns once you're about 14km from other BB's which are really easy to keep on target. My brain is telling me that my next captain points should go into fire prevention but running 10.6km secondaries for a bit last night was super entertaining on maps which allow you to use them. Had a 160k damage game setting 14 fires on a lemming train with over a hundred secondary hits, kiiiinda want to pop IFHE on these frenchies.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

got accused of using an aimbot for the first time :woop:

never not type "god i love this aimbot" when you blind shoot someone

Also, when you torpedo someone in smoke

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

My biggest gripe with this stupid game is that i generally hit the daily report limit after my first two or three matches. The usefulness of reporting seems to be in line with 'old man yells at clouds'.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Honestly I hit my compliment limit before my report limit. Where the heck are you guys getting these crowds of people so abrasive that you're using up all of them in two matches?

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

I play on NA during offpeak hours since i'm in Aus. It is 'Heart of Darkness' levels of hosed up out there.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I have something along the lines of 15 reports and compliments to hand out daily. I always hit my report limit, but rarely my compliment limit. I wonder why..

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Redeye Flight posted:

Honestly I hit my compliment limit before my report limit. Where the heck are you guys getting these crowds of people so abrasive that you're using up all of them in two matches?

I report battleships that snipe (always for misbehavior in chat though, never use any other option). I run out very quickly.

I often run out of compliments, but getting a compliment from another player for playing well or being helpful in chat is very rare. Usually if I give advice I get reported for it.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Some days I have loads of compliments to give, some days I only have reports. Always compliment CVs that make an effort to use all their planes

then report them 7 times for playing CV

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Redeye Flight posted:

There's a 'plays poorly' option that clearly needs to be used more

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

"Plays poorly" doesn't actually do anything though, it's just there to make dumb people feel better.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
The key is to suggest they do the right thing, bait their rage, and then report for misbehavior in chat.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Astroniomix posted:

"Plays poorly" doesn't actually do anything though, it's just there to make dumb people feel better.

It absolutely should be punished though so leave me my fantasy

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Oh, and for those interested, Clan Wars was great Wednesday but an utter shitshow Thursday, we lost relegation in 4 games in Squall League.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Blindeye posted:

The key is to suggest they do the right thing, bait their rage, and then report for misbehavior in chat.

This doesn't actually matter though? All WG's systems do for the temporary chat bans is check to see if they've gotten X number of reports for that, it doesn't actually bother checking what was actually said.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

bloom posted:

WG's really into these superheavy cruisers or whatever you'd call them lately.

At least the Alaska was a real ship.

Hazdoc posted:

Some days I have loads of compliments to give, some days I only have reports. Always compliment CVs that make an effort to use all their planes

then report them 7 times for playing CV

I literally report every CV I run into for sportsmanship. :colbert:

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 13, 2018

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Lord Koth posted:

This doesn't actually matter though? All WG's systems do for the temporary chat bans is check to see if they've gotten X number of reports for that, it doesn't actually bother checking what was actually said.

Yes, but the report doesn't count unless they spoke in chat at least once during the match.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

I save my reports for AFKs and potatoes who never leave spawn, hump the map edge, or otherwise act completely detrimental to the team. I still run out of reports a lot. :thunk:

Good team players always get a compliment from me though.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I rarely play more than five games a day. My goal is to always use up all of my reports before then.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
5 games into the Des Moines. Really interesting ship, can do some things really well but vulnerable when its not playing its game. Sample size is small, but it feels tankier than the Zao in open water, medium range fights and I've been surprised just how well it performs even against BBs at those ranges when you can angle. No doubt part of that is the extra 10k HP, but I just have not taken those random full damage pens the way I seem to constantly do in Zao. The DPM is REAL as well - came around an island to a broadside-ish Iowa at 9km with its guns aimed the other way and just melted it down in a way the Zao couldn't.

That said, you really do feel the inability to engage in those 16-18km fights that are so common at tier X.

cheese fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 14, 2018

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

applied to BOATC as ItsBritneyBro

:kiddo:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Patience, young padawan. Or something.

It may go faster if you get on Discord and yell at NA leadership.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

also i'm coming to dread weekends so many bad teams :cripes:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I've not noticed a difference.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

it's clear wg wants the republique to brawl with the legendary mod but why the gently caress did they make the ship all 32mm then????

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

DonkeyHotay posted:

it's clear wg wants the republique to brawl with the legendary mod but why the gently caress did they make the ship all 32mm then????

The problem isn't so much the armor so much as every high tier map being loving enormous and lacking in cover, so anything in range and not in the conga line gets focused until it explodes.

You can brawl just fine in a lot of the Frenchy paper boats as long as you Don't gently caress Up.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
My favorite part of the Des Moines is how many idiot Minotaurs think they can fight you head-on. News flash, bad mino drivers- at 8km the Des Moines is impervious to your guns from the front and can citadel you through your nose. Smoke will not save you.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Preechr posted:

My favorite part of the Des Moines is how many idiot Minotaurs think they can fight you head-on. News flash, bad mino drivers- at 8km the Des Moines is impervious to your guns from the front and can citadel you through your nose. Smoke will not save you.

???

Uh, no you can't citadel it through the nose. Bad ones might be overangling just enough that your favorable bounce angles are getting through on a flat enough facing, but 203mm shells most certainly do not overmatch Minotaur's bow. And competent ones will cause at least some damage by shooting your superstructure. Not that equivalently skilled Des Moines captains won't win that damage race by a large margin basically every time, but it's generally not via AP unless the Mino captain is dumb.

edit: Alternatively, you're getting some sort of downward ricochet off its turret, which can occasionally happen in some situations. Not certain one way or the other about that one.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jul 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

also i'm coming to dread weekends so many bad teams :cripes:

Discord can help with that as well! (Use Discord.)

Pushed the button on ya.