Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kubo has always been a fan of thicc, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the heroine of bleach had the figure of a 12 year old boy

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Every other girl made up for that, tho

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I was briefly confused because I thought that was in reference to Orihime, then I remembered Orihime is not a character in bleach.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
She didn't have it that much worse than Rukia, who was only a character for the first fifth or so.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rukia had it way better until the ending, where she suffered a fate worse than double ghost death: marrying renji

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Coaaab posted:

Every other girl made up for that, tho

Except poor Soi Fong. And Momo.

But no one liked Momo.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
kubo will release a databook that will reveal that girl-not-Byakuya is 5'8 and 70 pounds or something. The entire cast of bleach had anorexic level weight-height ratios

then again they were also ghosts so I guess they were mostly air or something

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
I like how girl Ichigo wears thigh socks but then kinda just pushes down one cause she has to wear a thigh holster

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
you never have the coolest design be the main character that's just shonen 101

also the girls (well not Byakuya anyway) are pretty definitely the main characters and their designs are fine

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

you never have the coolest design be the main character that's just shonen 101

So that's why Chad never got to do anything.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's not true, chad did get to do one thing: lose to show how strong someone was

worfing does lose a lot of impact when you never actually win anything tho

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

yum posted:

kubo will release a databook that will reveal that girl-not-Byakuya is 5'8 and 70 pounds or something.

He'll continue to release databooks, in which all of the characters slowly morph into clones of Matsumoto, because what Kubo actually wants to do with his life is draw clothes on Matsumoto.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

SpazmasterX posted:

Except poor Soi Fong. And Momo.

But no one liked Momo.

I liked Momo :(

idk what to expect from a new Tite Kubo manga, but I do still really love his art, so I may give Burn The Witch a shot if it evolves past being a one-shot

En Family Mook
Apr 29, 2017

Well, since everyone's talking about it, might as well link it.

Personal review: looks nice but man the characters suck. Main dude especially. They all just seem really uncreative and by-the-numbers in a way that made my eyes glaze over. The dragon designs are genuinely fun and interesting though.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The only good part was that for a second I really thought his dragon friend was going to live.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Burn The Witch feels more Zombie Powder than Bleach, which I like. I really enjoyed it. If there's more of it, I really hope it keeps the girls as the leads and the dude just tags along as the narrative everyman.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

considering the way it ended, I really doubt he's not gonna fight

I just hope kubo learned some things and burn the witch avoids some of the pitfalls bleach fell for

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Don't you try to mess with me Kubo, that's an uragaan.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

chumbler posted:

Don't you try to mess with me Kubo, that's an uragaan.

Ita like a reverse uragaan
No chin but a hella forehead

Its barroth

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

chumbler posted:

So that's why Chad never got to do anything.

here's a chart that tracks shonen jump rankings

http://jump.kumodori.com/bleach.html

every chad focused chapter ranks lower than the average ranking for the series at that particular time

I imagine after a while kubo got the message

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You know it just occurred to me, if there's a Western branch (which apparently was said to exist since chapter 50 according to this comment), why did the European Quincies get dealt with by the Eastern branch?

On the other hand, let's talk about something else instead.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
"72% of all deaths in London involve dragons" is a great line though.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

You know it just occurred to me, if there's a Western branch (which apparently was said to exist since chapter 50 according to this comment), why did the European Quincies get dealt with by the Eastern branch?

On the other hand, let's talk about something else instead.

It's definitely odd that the Western Branch did nothing to help against the Quincies. Maybe they just didn't have anyone strong enough to meaningfully contribute? Or maybe they were just too busy dealing with powerful dragons at the same time? Or maybe there's no communication between the two Soul Societies?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if it all happened in japan, I guess it wasn't their problem. the rules seem pretty different between the two

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's because kubo pulled it out of his rear end

why the heck are you looking for consistency in kubo tite's work?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so what? you could say that about a ton of things. people try to get consistency out of dragon ball and toriyama literally does not remember what happened in 90% of it. "why do you care" is a lame argument

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
because putting on airs of apathy is extremely cool, dude

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
sometimes bad writing is just a cigar

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what, don't you remember the old bleach threads where a few dumbasses were convinced that kubo had an elaborate story plotted out from the start, with numerous callbacks and hidden depth? then there was the actual bleach manga, where the writing was poo poo with a side of poo poo and a poo poo milkshake.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

En Family Mook posted:

Well, since everyone's talking about it, might as well link it.

Personal review: looks nice but man the characters suck. Main dude especially. They all just seem really uncreative and by-the-numbers in a way that made my eyes glaze over. The dragon designs are genuinely fun and interesting though.

Pantyshot on the last page

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Screw that, I want the Mayan Soul Society. Give me Chad or give me death.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

what, don't you remember the old bleach threads where a few dumbasses were convinced that kubo had an elaborate story plotted out from the start, with numerous callbacks and hidden depth? then there was the actual bleach manga, where the writing was poo poo with a side of poo poo and a poo poo milkshake.

Personally, I wasnt convinced as much as I sincerely wanted a good end to the series, it was something I acrually enjoyed and the end was like seeing your childhood pet grow old, have all its fur fall off and die in a puddle of its own poo poo and piss.
I think around yhwach's umpteenth rear end pull everyone just checked out and started shitposting.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Kubo had a few things he wanted to happen, he's even said so. It's just that he sucked at the connecting everything in a logical or satisfying matter.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Personally, I wasnt convinced as much as I sincerely wanted a good end to the series, it was something I acrually enjoyed and the end was like seeing your childhood pet grow old, have all its fur fall off and die in a puddle of its own poo poo and piss.
I think around yhwach's umpteenth rear end pull everyone just checked out and started shitposting.

It was five minutes a week to read a chapter, ten if my internet was buggy. After a while I was just curious to see how bad it could get.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Well, Fairy Tail 2 just got weird.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

chumbler posted:

Well, Fairy Tail 2 just got weird.

It's gotta be time travel fuckery.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the last page is pretty nice

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Jujutsu Kaisen had a bunch more chapters released.

Man the art is really rough overall. Like Togashi-scribbles in areas which is supposed to come off as a stylistic choice but instead look like poo poo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the art in jujutsu kaisen isn't great but that's not even remotely fair. it's more like a worse early bleach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

the art in jujutsu kaisen isn't great but that's not even remotely fair. it's more like a worse early bleach
I kinda assumed the rougher art was a wise stylistic choice by the mangaka to avoid dying after the true Demon's Souls of being syndicated in Weekly Shonen Jump began but instead I think it may just be that this dude is just kinda not up to the now pretty ridiculous standards of most of his contemporaries in the magazine.

It IS unfair to compare him to the rest of the magazine though. Like, telling anyone to come in and compete with TOSH, Horikoshi, Boichi, Demizu Posuka, or actually Hinomaru's mangaka at times is ridiculous.