Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Depends. A guy like Bas Dost who was well liked among the fans and was actually attacked by the ultras, there's no real ill will towards him. But guys like Rui Patricio and William Carvalho who were the captains and apparently led the charge in getting this group of players to quit, there's no way they can come back. They were already being targeted by the ultras before this whole thing started, now it'd only get worse. Sporting knows the fans don't want them back, and the board will accept deals of around €20m for them. Other fuckers like Podence and Ruben Ribeiro, we couldnt care less that they've gone, and in Ruben Ribeiro's case his future club, Nice, has already said it's trying to reach a deal with Sporting, offering double of what we paid for that piece of poo poo. Very weird considering all these players would easily win in court, according to the legal experts in this thread.
The only player so far who's returned is Bruno Fernandes, and the reaction was mixed. It helps that he was the player of the year in the league last season, and that he's assured fans he's signed the exact same contract he had before, without an increase in salary. He's going to have a rough time at first but the fans will probably come around, he'd only been at Sporting for one year so people hadn't expected him to be particularly loyal to the club. They're all cunts in my eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Earth Knocked Off Axis As Worlds Largest Baby Slams Into Portugal

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
why does this weird fag keep posting at me lol trying to get a date or something?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

drat man, it's not every day I get the opportunity to punch down

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shut the gently caress up, both of you, maybe?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Depends. A guy like Bas Dost who was well liked among the fans and was actually attacked by the ultras, there's no real ill will towards him. But guys like Rui Patricio and William Carvalho who were the captains and apparently led the charge in getting this group of players to quit, there's no way they can come back. They were already being targeted by the ultras before this whole thing started, now it'd only get worse. Sporting knows the fans don't want them back, and the board will accept deals of around €20m for them. Other fuckers like Podence and Ruben Ribeiro, we couldnt care less that they've gone, and in Ruben Ribeiro's case his future club, Nice, has already said it's trying to reach a deal with Sporting, offering double of what we paid for that piece of poo poo. Very weird considering all these players would easily win in court, according to the legal experts in this thread.
The only player so far who's returned is Bruno Fernandes, and the reaction was mixed. It helps that he was the player of the year in the league last season, and that he's assured fans he's signed the exact same contract he had before, without an increase in salary. He's going to have a rough time at first but the fans will probably come around, he'd only been at Sporting for one year so people hadn't expected him to be particularly loyal to the club. They're all cunts in my eyes

Are you going to miss Gelson Martins? He's been a rumored Liverpool target, but it looks like he's heading to the oh-so-incorruptible Atletico Madrid.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
The posts must flow.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Reprisal posted:

The posts must flow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ica97ddG0Bw

Father! The keeper has awakened!

I'm getting worn out by all the transfer rumors linking Liverpool to keepers. It's an obvious weak spot, but I think Liverpool are going to sit on it until something "just right" comes along because it's not like sucker fans (like me) are going to stop supporting.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jul 13, 2018

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

to change topic, PSG have allegedly descended upon AC Milan like the vultures they are with an eye towards Leonardo Bonucci. I've also heard they're in for Alex Sandro, which fits their defensive template more than Bonucci does, unless he speaks Portuguese.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Jason Sextro posted:

to change topic, PSG have allegedly descended upon AC Milan like the vultures they are with an eye towards Leonardo Bonucci. I've also heard they're in for Alex Sandro, which fits their defensive template more than Bonucci does, unless he speaks Portuguese.

given Milan's situation they should take PSG's cash for Bonucci

also in ridiculous rumors related to Juve, there was word of some ultra-double-secret buyback clause for Pogba for €60m that made the rounds today

Ronald/Pogba/Marcelo - make it happen Beppe

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

How’s juventus getting all this money

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Same as it ever was

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Vegetable posted:

How’s juventus getting all this money

lol guess this rear end in a top hat doesn't drive a Ferrari just lol

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Brony Car posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ica97ddG0Bw

Father! The keeper has awakened!

I'm getting worn out by all the transfer rumors linking Liverpool to keepers. It's an obvious weak spot, but I think Liverpool are going to sit on it until something "just right" comes along because it's not like sucker fans (like me) are going to stop supporting.

Hahahahaha so Maddock came out last night and said that Klopp isn't interested in any new keepers. Instead he's going let Ward (who played exactly one game last season) try out for the number one spot, and Mignolet may stay to "fight for his place"

This is a loving shambles. From the sounds of it it isn't that we've tried and failed to sign keepers, it's that Klopp doesn't want to sign keepers. He's looked at the same jokers from the last few seasons and decided that they're perfectly fine. What's concerning is that the fans are turning against him over this. It's not going to be "Karius/Mignolet/Ward is poo poo" this season, it'll be "Karius/Mignolet/Ward is poo poo and why hasn't Klopp replaced any of them" and we all know that things can balloon in football.

Inb4 all the "lol sack Klopp amirite" comments from you lot.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

EvilHawk posted:

Hahahahaha so Maddock came out last night and said that Klopp isn't interested in any new keepers. Instead he's going let Ward (who played exactly one game last season) try out for the number one spot, and Mignolet may stay to "fight for his place"

This is a loving shambles. From the sounds of it it isn't that we've tried and failed to sign keepers, it's that Klopp doesn't want to sign keepers. He's looked at the same jokers from the last few seasons and decided that they're perfectly fine. What's concerning is that the fans are turning against him over this. It's not going to be "Karius/Mignolet/Ward is poo poo" this season, it'll be "Karius/Mignolet/Ward is poo poo and why hasn't Klopp replaced any of them" and we all know that things can balloon in football.

Inb4 all the "lol sack Klopp amirite" comments from you lot.

maybe you should consider waiting until the World Cup ends and transfers can actually happen before your meltdown?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
if the Liverpoo fans weren’t melting down they’d be unrealistically puffing out their chests so just enjoy the melts while you can

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

hadji murad posted:

if the Liverpoo fans weren’t melting down they’d be unrealistically puffing out their chests so just enjoy the melts while you can

Pfft, we can do both in the same breath. Watch:

This is our year we just need to sign Alisson and Fekir and Shaqiri why isn't Klopp in for any of them Klopp out. Ynwa.

See

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Yeah it happens every transfer window now and is then quickly forgotten about. My personal favourite recently has been Alex Teixeira, widely built up as an amazing target, then some hyperactive fans attacked the club and FSG when they were hugely outbid by a Chinese team.

gently caress I remember seeing fans raging that we didn't buy Clint Dempsey

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Im constantly seeing Liverpool linked with Vida, he seemed to have a pretty good WC, but then so did Lovren so im skeptical.

Do we have any Turkish league followers here who can provide analysis of him?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Someone should let Klopp know that experienced Premier League goalkeeper David "the wall" Ospina is available for a fair price

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

Someone should let Klopp know that experienced Premier League goalkeeper David "the wall" Ospina is available for a fair price

Who would want a keeper that couldnt beat England on penalties....

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Antonio Conte to not-Chelsea is a done deal

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/7/13/statement-on-antonio-conte

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CyberPingu posted:

Im constantly seeing Liverpool linked with Vida, he seemed to have a pretty good WC, but then so did Lovren so im skeptical.

He's poo poo.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

sassassin posted:

He's poo poo.

This is the analysis i come to TRP for

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

maybe you should consider waiting until the World Cup ends and transfers can actually happen before your meltdown?

Arsenal completed all their transfers before and during the World Cup.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Big 2 meter tall Jannik Vestergaard to Southampton for 25 mil is a done deal

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/1017709922602160128?s=19

The record for most expensive danish player broken twice in the same window, nice.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

given Milan's situation they should take PSG's cash for Bonucci

Milan are actually quite financially stable now; the Chinese are gone and Elliott owns the club. They have a shitload of money but won't spend it. Word is they want to inflate the value of the club high and sell it to the next idiot.

So as much as Bonucci is the best player on the squad, unless PSG come in with more than 40 mil or whatever he was bought for, then I bet he stays.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EvilHawk posted:

What's concerning is that the fans are turning against him over this. It's not going to be "Karius/Mignolet/Ward is poo poo" this season, it'll be "Karius/Mignolet/Ward is poo poo and why hasn't Klopp replaced any of them" and we all know that things can balloon in football.

Which fans? I think Klopp has kind of bludgeoned most Liverpool fans into a state of dazed amusement over his willingness to stick with players so I don't see that kind of anger in the circles/sites I visit.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

CyberPingu posted:

He’s pretty crazy op

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

UnderFreddy posted:

Big 2 meter tall Jannik Vestergaard to Southampton for 25 mil is a done deal

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/1017709922602160128?s=19

The record for most expensive danish player broken twice in the same window, nice.

Remember when Southampton signed that Norwegian guy and he literally never played a match? Then Brighton signed him and the exact same thing happened

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
liverpool signing guys who have above average world cup performances is a tactic sure to pay dividends

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

bewbies posted:

liverpool signing guys who have above average world cup performances is a tactic sure to pay dividends
Right? Reminds me of the glittering career that Renato Sanches has had since his performance in the last Euros

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

CyberPingu posted:

Where? At this point, if the story is not coming from Reddy or Pearce, I've been ignoring it.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

saihttam posted:

He’s pretty crazy op

crazy bad, haha

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Vida played for Leverkusen before he got sold to anywhere else, he was unremarkable to poo poo.

He got no style, he got no grace, this Croat has a funny face.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Vida is literally Voronin in disguise. The Ukraine stuff gave it away.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Inter sold Eder to the Chinese club that is also owned by their ownership group. He's getting €13m per year lol.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

RideTheSpiral posted:

Transfers can happen right now, in fact we've already signed two players (okay one was actually last season), are about to sign another, and they've played for us so no idea what you're talking about

Brony Car posted:

Which fans? I think Klopp has kind of bludgeoned most Liverpool fans into a state of dazed amusement over his willingness to stick with players so I don't see that kind of anger in the circles/sites I visit.

It's all over twitter/reddit/social media. Yeah maybe the local fans are different but there's no denying that this decision has gone down very badly.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

Transfers can happen right now, in fact we've already signed two players (okay one was actually last season), are about to sign another, and they've played for us so no idea what you're talking about

It's all over twitter/reddit/social media. Yeah maybe the local fans are different but there's no denying that this decision has gone down very badly.

When should I expect Klopp to be sacked?

Seriously nice meltdown the transfer window has weeks to run and you’re bitching like Klopp got on the PA and said Karius is the Liverpool #1 for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Oh yeah I forgot I'm not allowed to criticise Klopp at any point

• Locked thread