Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I didn't see the article said Mission was coming, cool! Bastila and Jolee update live now. I'm glad they kept her double bladed lightsaber. Looks like Nest is now available in Chromium backs...yay.

Man, just having store being an option when you want to level up gear is really great. There's way more options to get a lot of stuff so that makes it way easier to do rather than just hunting around everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Early intelligence suggests bastila/jolee could be fully sick and finally make jedi meta. Their zeta abilities are loving insane

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

fishtobaskets posted:

Early intelligence suggests bastila/jolee could be fully sick and finally make jedi meta. Their zeta abilities are loving insane

great, more whale bait. Im glad I got lucky in my ship arena, its way more stable than arena meta seems to be

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

great, more whale bait. Im glad I got lucky in my ship arena, its way more stable than arena meta seems to be

since only top 50 get crystals, folks don't pour a lot into it, so the top is the same few dozen people just trading places.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Chilichimp posted:

since only top 50 get crystals, folks don't pour a lot into it, so the top is the same few dozen people just trading places.

Yeah, averaging 375 crystals a day just from fleet arena really helps in this game.

Hadn't looked at the new characters, but wow, a support and a healer! Just what jedi were missing!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Did they say we're getting the Ebon Hawk?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

fishtobaskets posted:

I seriously doubt that in case of Jolee, his kit is bad for arena. Bastila looks fine but I would hardly call her kit amazing if you compare it to Traya. In fact her kit is designed to kill your team if you are against Traya lead :D

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Apparently the devs told the game changers these characters were not designed to specifically defeat Traya (obviously based on all the buffs and assists lol) so we will just have to wait for Revan and her new leadership "Disable Traya's leadership & unique + 3 pages of bullshit that requires 5 zetas and makes all your jedi invincible"

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Well yeah why would the KotOR1 characters be able to beat Traya? Her entire thing is that Revan and his team were a bunch of dumbdumbs who didn't actually accomplish anything.

The Jedi Exile, on the other hand, will have the ability to make any enemy Trayas switch sides at the beginning of battle.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Defiance Industries posted:

Well yeah why would the KotOR1 characters be able to beat Traya? Her entire thing is that Revan and his team were a bunch of dumbdumbs who didn't actually accomplish anything.

The Jedi Exile, on the other hand, will have the ability to make any enemy Trayas switch sides at the beginning of battle.

Until Reven stabs her in the back and joins the Sith Emperor because that stupid book was about setting up Biowares MMO rather than giving a satisfying ending for one of the most popular EU characters.

I really hate the Arena, i never bother to try because 90% of the time my choices are 2 teams that are fully zeta'd and yellow gear leveled, or a team with 30k more power than my best team.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

Until Reven stabs her in the back and joins the Sith I really hate the Arena, i never bother to try because 90% of the time my choices are 2 teams that are fully zeta'd and yellow gear leveled, or a team with 30k more power than my best team.

Look at their speed, my EP team can easily beat teams 20k+ higher than it if my darth Vader goes first

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

twistedmentat posted:

Until Reven stabs her in the back and joins the Sith Emperor because that stupid book was about setting up Biowares MMO rather than giving a satisfying ending for one of the most popular EU characters.

I really hate the Arena, i never bother to try because 90% of the time my choices are 2 teams that are fully zeta'd and yellow gear leveled, or a team with 30k more power than my best team.

I genuinely think the people at BioWare got mad that Obsidian wrote a way better story than they ever have just by poking at all the holes they left in the narrative so they sandbag everything KotOR2 related. That's why the MMO has statues of all the KotOR1 PCs, but the Jedi Temple doesn't have them for the Handmaiden, Atton, Visas and Mira even though those are the people who reformed the order.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I genuinely think the people at BioWare got mad that Obsidian wrote a way better story than they ever have just by poking at all the holes they left in the narrative so they sandbag everything KotOR2 related. That's why the MMO has statues of all the KotOR1 PCs, but the Jedi Temple doesn't have them for the Handmaiden, Atton, Visas and Mira even though those are the people who reformed the order.

Basically this. Obsidian did a brilliant deconstruction of Star Wars, and quite frankly left a nice hook to weld KOTOR's reconstruction and KOTOR 2's deconstruction together in three. But we can't have nice things. At least I got to kill Revan in the MMO. Twice.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Warmachine posted:

Basically this. Obsidian did a brilliant deconstruction of Star Wars, and quite frankly left a nice hook to weld KOTOR's reconstruction and KOTOR 2's deconstruction together in three. But we can't have nice things. At least I got to kill Revan in the MMO. Twice.

Just remember that Revan will be dropping his +10 str pants for people for eternity.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

kingcom posted:

Just remember that Revan will be dropping his +10 str pants for people for eternity another 18 months

I really doubt they're gonna renew that game's license

KarmaEnforcer
Aug 7, 2000

Cylon Sympathizer
I love my Pokehan team. Can't wait for Carbonite Han to drop. No attacks, just massive HP and constant taunt.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

I really doubt they're gonna renew that game's license

Harsh but fair.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Just so I don't waste time, from the Bastila and Jolee events, you can only get friendship points and not shards or mods from doing them more than once?

Maybe i should try TOR again, I got to the Sith Throneworld on my Bounty Hunter and Sith characters and the game just ground to a halt.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 13, 2018

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

Just so I don't waste time, from the Bastila and Jolee events, you can only get friendship points and not shards or mods from doing them more than once?

do you even get friendship points? I know you definitely dont get the shards or mods again

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

twistedmentat posted:

If you're a crazy person like me you can auto them with the appropriate teams for the prestige title requirements.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

do you even get friendship points? I know you definitely dont get the shards or mods again

Yea i cleared out the top battles for them and they both just gave me 20 friendship points per battle.

So, I'm trying to prep for the next CLS event, i'm at the battle with just Luke and Han. I have STH at GLX, and working on Luke for that, but I'm not sure who i'll also need to improve.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

That's definitely the tough one. You're gonna want your Farmboy Luke to be very fast to get through it.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

I’m new and could use some allies! Is it cool if I post a my digits?

368-933-314

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bunk Rogers posted:

368-933-314

Mol Brayleous?

if so, sent

edit:

If you want a different hero for light/dark/cantina missions, just shout out

You've got Yoda/Boba/Assaj up for now.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 15, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

That's definitely the tough one. You're gonna want your Farmboy Luke to be very fast to get through it.

Yea i replaced all his mods with ones that have +speed on it.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

Mol Brayleous?

if so, sent

edit:

If you want a different hero for light/dark/cantina missions, just shout out

You've got Yoda/Boba/Assaj up for now.

Thank you!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Is there an easy way to tell which of your characters your allies can use? IIRC one is your arena leader, and the other is the last leader of the opposite faction (light/dark) that you used in a mission, or something?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

e: woops

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jul 15, 2018

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Is there an easy way to tell which of your characters your allies can use? IIRC one is your arena leader, and the other is the last leader of the opposite faction (light/dark) that you used in a mission, or something?

It’s whoever you used as a Lead last in that mode.

If you want to change your ally that shows up, just do a cantina/DS/LS battle without winning and use the leader you want to make availiable.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Hey:

Masakari
Daz
Wintermutant
Aleth Kiraen
mdemone
Glemdor Mccarin (I know you're out of town)
Rustybeartrap
SA Noodles
TadashiSA
Trampus

Please try to get some TW wins in, especially if you still have top teams available. We're very close and this is going to be a tight one.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Yeah I kind of shot my wad with defense this time and I don't have anyone left that will make a dent anywhere. Will take one last look before the horn.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Bunk Rogers posted:

368-933-314

Ally invite sent. From me you can use Commander Luke Skywalker on Cantina and Light Side, and Emperor Palpatine on Dark Side.

And welcome! Join the discord linked in the OP and see if there’s room in one of the guilds.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

Yeah I kind of shot my wad with defense this time and I don't have anyone left that will make a dent anywhere. Will take one last look before the horn.

pinged you on the SM chat, but bro, don't put your no-zeta EP leader up on the front line again.

Zeta the leader at least and stick'em in bottom 2/3 until you sort that out.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

MichiganCubbie posted:

Hey:

Masakari
Daz
Wintermutant
Aleth Kiraen
mdemone
Glemdor Mccarin (I know you're out of town)
Rustybeartrap
SA Noodles
TadashiSA
Trampus

Please try to get some TW wins in, especially if you still have top teams available. We're very close and this is going to be a tight one.

As mentioned on discord I have hit stuff but we don't have any way of tracking attempts per person, just wins. Had a late night so all I've had as targets are the top wall we're struggling to break down.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My problem with TW is that it gets to a point where I can actually do anything when I'm asleep or at work so I can't really do anything. My best team, made purely of my top characters tops out at 70k power, and my most effective team is 67k. Everyone seems to front load their TW defenses with 80+, so I go in and get wiped out before my team can do anything, and its basically pointless. Last TW we had though I managed to catch it at the tail end and get 4 victories in.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

pinged you on the SM chat, but bro, don't put your no-zeta EP leader up on the front line again.

Zeta the leader at least and stick'em in bottom 2/3 until you sort that out.

No problem. I keep finding excuses not to give him the zeta each time I get one!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

No problem. I keep finding excuses not to give him the zeta each time I get one!

I been there, bro.

serious question:

Do you drop Rogue 1 on defense? because drat:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 15, 2018

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

I been there, bro.

serious question:

Do you drop Rogue 1 on defense? because drat:

Yeah, I usually only save JTR for attack since my Chaze aren't up to par for the R1 team.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

mdemone posted:

Yeah, I usually only save JTR for attack since my Chaze aren't up to par for the R1 team.

That is the weirdest thing I've ever heard of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

fishtobaskets posted:

That is the weirdest thing I've ever heard of

I was running zJyn, cassian/K2, R2, and Fulcrum for the longest time in arena. Never had a decent Chaze but the others were all zetaed out.

And now of course I've moved on to other things so Chaze are sitting at g9 or something forever.