Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Main Paineframe posted:

that guy is lying when he says he's a DSA member

he's a career lanyard. in 2014, he worked in the campaigns of a homophobe who opposed gay marriage and a career banker fresh from Goldman Sachs. he's currently the Communications Director for the NY State Assembly

i loving love LinkedIn, because no matter how hard these machine types try to pretend to be regular people, they can't resist putting every last detail of their elite schooling and nepotistic work history on the internet for the whole world to see

Good post :yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

truly, what is capitalism but data center consolidation?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

This is actually what they want. Remember dems are trash, and they aren't "bad" at politics, they want these things to happen.

mark pocan is a leading member of the progressive caucus. he's voting no on that bill because if he votes yes and the bill fails (it'll fail, it's a republican controlled congress) he can't bring the bill to the floor again, not because he secretly wants the bill to fail. this, btw, does not prevent other democrats from voting yes on that bill.

pocan and his colleagues are going to use the bill's time on the floor to flame the gently caress out of the republicans for creating and enabling ICE child rape camps. if/when the house goes blue in november, pocan is going to bring the bill to the floor, vote yes on it and pass it to the senate where they can shame people for voting no on it // to trump's desk and permanently pin him to the policy (which helps in the 2020 election, unless trump decides to step down) or force his hand on the bill (much less likely)

this is getting as stupid as people insisting that trump isn't a putin puppet at all

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

that guy is lying when he says he's a DSA member

he's a career lanyard. in 2014, he worked in the campaigns of a homophobe who opposed gay marriage and a career banker fresh from Goldman Sachs. he's currently the Communications Director for the NY State Assembly

i loving love LinkedIn, because no matter how hard these machine types try to pretend to be regular people, they can't resist putting every last detail of their elite schooling and nepotistic work history on the internet for the whole world to see

Ruzihm posted:

Good post :yeshaha:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

paul ryan is deliberately bringing pocan's bill to the floor because he knows it'll fail and he thinks he can get a win/win here -- try to attack democrats in this fall's election campaigns for doing something as RaDiCaL as abolishing ICE, or attack pocan et al for voting no on their own bill (remember, republicans have absolutely no shame about hypocrisy) showing that they aren't actually serious about abolishing ICE and are doing a political stunt

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

logikv9 posted:

bring back the nazis to make America better says poster

Yea I said it

nazis aren't holding back the left

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SKULL.GIF posted:

attack pocan et al for voting no on their own bill (remember, republicans have absolutely no shame about hypocrisy) showing that they aren't actually serious about abolishing ICE and are doing a political stunt

I think this will work for most of the red meat of the GoP base, which honestly is all they need.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Joementum posted:

Oh, are we looking for people who voted for Bernie in the primary and then did not vote for Hillary in the general?

*raises hand*

Two facts:

1) I voted for Bernie

2) I voted in my first democratic primary this year

:bernin:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

helldump cc

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
LOL

https://twitter.com/chrisdameanor19/status/1017482980095414273

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

that’s gotta be one of the most cursed profiles i’ve seen

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm going to merge them this weekend once demlol posters finish trickling in

By merge does that mean close the terrible thread and just herd them over here?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/samknight_one/status/1017603344964182017?s=19

have some anti-succ

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm going to merge them this weekend once demlol posters finish trickling in

please ban nazis on sight

and also crypto nazis

the gbs threads were chock full of stealth nazis that the gbs mods were too afraid to ban

I think this will work for most of the red meat of the GoP base, which honestly is all they need.

the gop base is a minority. it won't matter how much they rile up the gop base, we outnumber them by a pretty serious amount. we just have to turn our own people out consistently, and it's seeming like trump is enough to rile them the gently caress up and get them out to the polls, then we can start working on undoing all the structural advantages and corruption keeping the republican scum in power

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

also, very unsure "they aren't actually serious" is a great gotv strategy

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

mark pocan is a leading member of the progressive caucus. he's voting no on that bill because if he votes yes and the bill fails (it'll fail, it's a republican controlled congress) he can't bring the bill to the floor again, not because he secretly wants the bill to fail. this, btw, does not prevent other democrats from voting yes on that bill.

pocan and his colleagues are going to use the bill's time on the floor to flame the gently caress out of the republicans for creating and enabling ICE child rape camps. if/when the house goes blue in november, pocan is going to bring the bill to the floor, vote yes on it and pass it to the senate where they can shame people for voting no on it // to trump's desk and permanently pin him to the policy (which helps in the 2020 election, unless trump decides to step down) or force his hand on the bill (much less likely)

this is getting as stupid as people insisting that trump isn't a putin puppet at all

can't they create another "abolish ice, but this time it's legally different" bill, and introduce that to the floor when this one is voted down?

voting "no" on abolishing ice just to save a bill you wrote looks really, really bad. it send the message that parlimentary procedure is more important to you than ending child concentration camps. you don't need a bill on the floor to flame republicans, they should be doing this day in, day out (see maxine waters).

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah "the Democrats aren't a threat" isn't great red meat for Republicans

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

and also crypto nazis

the gbs threads were chock full of stealth nazis that the gbs mods were too afraid to ban

lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

and also crypto nazis

drat near all of those got banned after Jose became mod, any others that were right wing got banned/monthd for defending ice.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

really queer Christmas posted:

drat near all of those got banned after Jose became mod, any others that were right wing got banned/monthd for defending ice.

Well, there are still some folks who are un-ironically saying poo poo about hillary. That dong won't hunt. :colbert:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

holy poo poo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

really queer Christmas posted:

I haven't looked into these threads since 2017 but I see Mnoba is still around

this guy is a great example btw

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

"incrementally dismantle" is such an unintentionally revealing choice of words

e: holy poo poo he has #VoteLikeABlackWoman in his bio lmao, imagine keeping that even after Maxine Waters proved that that totemization poo poo was nothing more than a cynical tactic

Barry Convex has issued a correction as of 05:55 on Jul 13, 2018

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/chrisdameanor19/status/1017628968713932805

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
speaking of Maxine Waters, remember when the donut emoji crowd turned on Schumer and Pelosi for all of five minutes just two and a half weeks ago? that was fun. can't say I'm surprised that they have the memory of goldfish though

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

30 years of this strategy and the Dems have yet to win a goddamn thing of value

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Taintrunner posted:

30 years of this strategy and the Dems have yet to win a goddamn thing of value

1992 was a fluke and they overlearned the gently caress out of it

2008 was also a fluke and they didn't learn a single thing from it

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Barry Convex posted:

"incrementally dismantle" is such an unintentionally revealing choice of words

e: holy poo poo he has #VoteLikeABlackWoman in his bio lmao, imagine keeping that even after Maxine Waters proved that that totemization poo poo was nothing more than a cynical tactic

#VoteLikeABlackWomanAsToldByMeAWhiteMan

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

1971 gave us Billy Jack

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Why is the ship of Theseus the first thing that comes to mind with the phrase "incrementally dismantle?"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

yeah.... for joe!!!!!!!!!!!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

*succs air through teeth*

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Why is the ship of Theseus the first thing that comes to mind with the phrase "incrementally dismantle?"

It's a good metaphor. Cops are just Theseus'd slave patrols, etc.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"incrementally dismantle" lmao he couldn't even say "fight"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

2008 was no fluke, it was a win via a blatant lie

all they learned from that was "lies are extremely good"

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yinlock posted:

2008 was no fluke, it was a win via a blatant lie

all they learned from that was "lies are extremely good"

The dems can't even lie out of a paper bag. the'll trip over there own dick and write 12 articles about "how slamming there foot into there own taint is actually smart electoral politics

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

𝕳𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖞 𝕽𝖔𝖉𝖍𝖆𝖒 𝕮𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖔𝖓

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Man Musk posted: