Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

This is the future that Liberals want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
She's harder to make out than they are

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Well I mean she's a ghoul and I assume the other guys are still human

Edit: apparently a family of Woodchucks ate the US Leader of the House Paul Ryan's car.

Anidav, is this what it sounds like, when doves cry?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Soy bean parts in cars are the greatest cause of car related deaths so far.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

bandaid.friend posted:

She's harder to make out than they are

yep, her clothes are louder than the camo, but they gently caress with perception more (this is why Gingham was originally invented btw)

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
my experience in professional services firms is that the actual work is going to be done by grads straight out of uni, and the only thing a partner is going to do is some quality control on the report they give you at the end to make sure there isn’t anything in there that will get them sued.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

racing identity posted:

my experience in professional services firms is that the actual work is going to be done by grads straight out of uni, and the only thing a partner is going to do is some quality control on the report they give you at the end to make sure there isn’t anything in there that will get them sued.

That and a shitload of unnecessary customer handholding, because if you're approaching the big 4, you're the opposite of both dynamic and effective.

At one point, we had a partner from one of the Big 4 basically gatekeeping the CIOs diary, because her inability to keep to her schedule and actually attend stakeholder meetings was causing massive structural delays in the delivery of half of the project. Oh and also holding her hand so she didn't abuse the consultants to the point of major grievances (somewhat effectively).

I'm sure there's a hell of a lot of stroking of egos at that level in general.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-13/nsw-mp-david-maguire-tells-icac-he-sought-return-property-deal/9991522

quote:

New South Wales MP Daryl Maguire has admitted before an ICAC inquiry that he sought a "dividend" over a property deal that is the subject of a corruption investigation.
The corruption watchdog is investigating claims of improper conduct by former Canterbury City councillors Michael Hawatt and Pierre Azzi.
Mr Maguire, the Liberal MP for Wagga Wagga, has told the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) he pursued Mr Hawatt on behalf of Chinese "friends" from the company Country Garden who he was trying to help get established in Australia.
In a phone conversation played before the inquiry from May 2016, Mr Maguire said his friends were "mega big with mega money" and wanted to invest in as many as 30 development-approved properties.
Mr Hawatt suggested a $48 million project on Canterbury Road in Canterbury.
In the phone call, Mr Maguire asks Mr Hawatt what his margin is on the property.
Mr Hawatt tells Mr Maguire his margin is 1.5 per cent.
"1.5 per cent divided by two isn't very good, Mr Maguire replies.
"Three per cent is a lot better, if you know what I'm talking about."

When questioned by counsel assisting the commission, David Buchanan, Mr Maguire said he had no client or consultant relationship with Country Garden.
But when challenged as to why he was interested in what the margin was on the property, Mr Maguire told the hearing: "It appears I was talking about a dividend."
"Who was the intended person?" Mr Buchanan asked.
"I suspect it was me," Mr Maguire replied.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Don Dongington posted:

That's basically the experience anyone's gonna have with a big 4 consulting company, if you're a subject matter expert or at all invested in the organisation you work for. They come in, say what you've been saying for years, walk away with a few million dollars, and then your boss ignores it anyway.

You forget that they also put it in a really slickly presented paper, with graphs and infographics. Senior execs do be loving charts.

The secret to promotion in the public sector is basic competence with visio.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Our Uni paid through the nose for a consultant and their main tip was 'sack this manager here'. They moved the manager sideways on the same pay and sacked four workers.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Did I miss something or have the Liberal party not bothered to field a candidate in the Perth by-election https://www.aec.gov.au/perth/? Everyone else seems to be taking it seriously, Labor sent postal-vote application mailers last week and today I got fliers from both Labor and Greens backing Patrick Gorman and Caroline Perks respectively.

Edit: you'd think with a federal election looming the Libs would take the opportunity to run-in their campaign or something?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

cheese-cube posted:

Did I miss something or have the Liberal party not bothered to field a candidate in the Perth by-election https://www.aec.gov.au/perth/? Everyone else seems to be taking it seriously, Labor sent postal-vote application mailers last week and today I got fliers from both Labor and Greens backing Patrick Gorman and Caroline Perks respectively.

Edit: you'd think with a federal election looming the Libs would take the opportunity to run-in their campaign or something?

They are saving money for the federal election and not bothering with fielding a candidate in a traditionally red seat with a big swing against predicted.

Lib donors are pretty tapped out with all the demand suppression they have been gifted by the LNP

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

cheese-cube posted:

Yeah, there's no Liberal candidate in Perth. I've been doorknocking the past few weeks reminding people a.) There is an election b.) There is no Liberal candidate and c.) You could really throw a spanner in the works for the mainstream parties that mostly ignore Perth - except when it's politically expedient - by voting Green.

You'd be surprised how many self-described Liberal voters are saying they're voting greens to stick it to Labor. Just goes to show how much attention the average LNP voter pays to politics, I guess.

Also I found out just this week that the polling booth I hand out HTV's at every election apparently has one of the lowest % of Green votes in the Perth electorate. It might explain why I got told to gently caress off by an octogenarian last election.

But yeah, Caroline Perks is really cool, she has a science background and it'd be awesome if more people who aren't career politicians or from the traditional "labour union to Labor party" pipeline represented us.

Edit: Also she's super approachable, if you have a question about her position on some random thing just send a message to her public Facebook profile or via the contact details on the leaflet. They're pretty good about getting back to people about that sort of stuff.

Extra edit: Gorman seems like an okay Labor candidate, but his campaign from what I've seen is kinda bland. He's parroting traditional Labor slogans ("no cuts to the ABC") and sticking to the party line, I haven't really seen him substantially engage in issues Perth people care about (e.g. the GST carve-up) and he really does look like someone Google image searched for a politician and 3D printed him for the Perth by-election.

froglet fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 13, 2018

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Is it safe to say that Perks/Gorman will be drumming up party polcies related to the impending federal election?

Edit: also thanks froglet that's good insight.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

racing identity posted:

Seems that way with the stuff we get out of KPMG and Deloitte.

Draft feedback: this has very obviously been written by at least 5 people who did not collaborate, and makes a recommendation that we reverse the last four years of policy. not happening.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Stop it guys you're making me nostalgic for the 2015 Functional Review.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Oh Lauren Southern's in the country and has been on Sky News. Just the usual stuff from her

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Local Labor candidate for VIC state election was at the shops this morning handing out brochures.

I, of course, told her to gently caress right off and that I’d never vote Labor after what the previous Labor member did. I then lectured her for 15 minutes about how The African Gang Problem was ruining Melbourne and how I’m afraid to go outside in the evenings.

Nah, I actually just smiled and politely said “no thanks” and kept walking.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

bandaid.friend posted:

Oh Lauren Southern's in the country and has been on Sky News. Just the usual stuff from her

Did she reapply for her visa? We must have a pretty efficient processing arm if so.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I am actually the Chad Queenslander who supports local CFMMEU backed candidates.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Why do they always bang on about being ashamed of being white? No one has told you to be ashamed???

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

JBP posted:

Did she reapply for her visa? We must have a pretty efficient processing arm if so.

The Saturday Paper wrote that Lionhat spoke to The Potato to get it fast-tracked/fixed.

Edit: or it was never blocked/applied for in the first place in order to create an adversarial narrative?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Dude McAwesome posted:

Edit: or it was never blocked/applied for in the first place in order to create an adversarial narrative?

she's done it before

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I heard she just filled in her form wrong. Though she is here to show a doco about how white South African farmers are being murdered so it wouldn't be a surprise if she was at the front of the queue

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Dude McAwesome posted:

The Saturday Paper wrote that Lionhat spoke to The Potato to get it fast-tracked/fixed.

The news said it was just blocked because of a clerical thing where she asked for an electronic pass or something and wasn't eligible for it.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Why do they always bang on about being ashamed of being white? No one has told you to be ashamed???

Because they can't separate having done bad things from being "bad" as a person. If you tell them that white people have done terrible things and we need to make them right they can't hear that as "We need to acknowledge our failures and work to correct them" but only as "You should be ashamed of being white". That's why they take it so personally, because they live in a black and white world where bad people do bad things, and if they've done bad things they must be a bad person, but they're a good person, so they can't have done bad things, therefore someone is trying to trick them.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
she puts false info on her visa applications like being male to troll da libs epic etyle XDDD

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

I am actually the Chad Queenslander who supports local CFMMEU backed candidates.

what does the other m stand for?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

GoldStandardConure posted:

Maritime.

Recent merger of the MUA and CFMEU.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

GoldStandardConure posted:

Mugging

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

You've been in news corp too long mate, you're going native

Dude McAwesome posted:

Maritime.

Recent merger of the MUA and CFMEU.

OH look, two things tony abbott hates, boats and unions.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

tithin posted:

You've been in news corp too long mate, you're going native

I CAN'T CONTROL IT, AUGH ARRRGH UGGGG!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Four Corners was worth the watch today.

The last quarter of the show was spent on a "raw milk cheese" manufacturer.

Best scene was inside their processing floor with those huge stainless steel vats with big slow stirrers. They showed the reporter in full cleansuit. Big white coveralls, big white paper hat, gloves.

Then the camera panned to the workers. T-shits and jeans. No hair nets. Reaching into the vats all the way to their shoulder and pulling out cheese chunks while wearing no gloves.

Gonna be a good crop of dead kids again this year.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jul 14, 2018

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Four Corners was worth the watch today.

The last quarter of the show was spent on a "raw milk cheese" manufacturer.

Best scene was inside their processing floor with those huge stainless steel vats with big slow stirrers. They showed the reporter in full cleansuit. Big white coveralls, big white paper hat, gloves.

Then the camera panned to the workers. T-shits and jeans. No hair nets. Reaching into the vats all the way to their shoulder and pulling out cheese chunks while wearing no gloves.

Gonna be a good crop of dead kids again this year.

Just need to cut that footage with someone coming out of the bathroom after obviously not washing their hands and we're all good.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Aren't raw milk products banned in Australia?

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Zenithe posted:

Aren't raw milk products banned in Australia?

Only for human consumption. You can sell them as "beauty products" wink wink nudge nudge.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I saw that. Dude had super hairy arms too.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Urcher posted:

Only for human consumption. You can sell them as "beauty products" wink wink nudge nudge.

From memory it's meant to have some chemical added to it that makes it taste foul, but no idea if/how often that actually happens.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I'm guessing never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
My favourite so far has been the people selling "bath milk" in 2L milk containers and if you truly wanted to replicate the "Eastern European Mad Queen" vibe you'd have to spend like $5000 to fill up your bath with unpasteurized milk. :barf:

Stuff was clearly for idiot hippies to poison their children with.

• Locked thread