Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Dr. Stone was nominated for an award and you can support it by voting online (Niconico/Twitter/Facebook account required)! There are some instructions here, although you'll need to go to http://tsugimanga.jp/nominate/2018/comics/ instead of the url in the image since it's not a digital manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mulderman posted:

I really liked Taiju. So it'll be interesting to see how he mixes in with the rest of the cast.

Imagine that I just posted a "Friendship ended with Taiju, now Chrome is my best friend" image.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Ytlaya posted:

Imagine that I just posted a "Friendship ended with Taiju, now Chrome is my best friend" image.

Good thing that real life scenario ended with reconciliation and mutual friendship.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/dr-stone/en/0/65/page/1

It's so nice seeing Chrome come up with a smart plan especially when it works! I just hope he and Magna are okay :ohdear:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also new chapter

https://readms.net/r/dr_stone/066/5215/1

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Senku is just so loving cool.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
This series is just so insanely good! I'm excited for this direction!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Did the anthropomorphized volcanic death gas take 15th place in the popularity poll?

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

Mr. Fowl posted:

Did the anthropomorphized volcanic death gas take 15th place in the popularity poll?

Yup. My only complaint is that Kaseki isn't higher, buff craftsman has been one of the highlight of this series. Chapter was well-done and executed though, there were so many ways to do this wrongly but it ended up both believable and touching.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This is going to end up being post apocalyptic science suikoden and I'm perfectly stoke for it

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I love this ongoing gag of authors/artists getting placed in the popularity polls (Bochi made 24th)

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It's easy to forget that Tsukasa's people are actually normal humans as well who know about the old world.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its why he'll win. he can offer them all the stuff they enjoyed from their previous life to get them on his side

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cao Ni Ma posted:

post apocalyptic science suikoden

just when I thought I couldn't like a series more.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Jose posted:

its why he'll win. he can offer them all the stuff they enjoyed from their previous life to get them on his side

This core concept is still kind of wacky to me. I get Tsukasa's core idea(let's make a new society without all the mistakes of the old one) but all he really has to offer is dominion over a world of mud huts and sticks. Senku can literally recreate modern society given enough time, effort, and manpower. That feels like a pretty easy gimme for all but the most sociopathic person.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think it'll be set up that not everyone will be so easy to convince. Senku got lucky there, but Tsukasa has been the one to decide who gets revived, and if he has any indication for who those people were before petrification, I'm sure he's cherrypicked them to be people who support him.

Obviously that doesnt account for everything, but he almost certainly has an inner circle of loyal supporters

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Oh, I have no doubt that it's not going to be super easy for Senku since that's the primary conflict in this manga, it's just kind of funny to imagine someone waking up in Caveman World and your two options are "super strong guy murderer" and "genius who can recreate modern society including guns" and legitimately want to pick the former.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Presumably a number of them will pick the side of the super strong guy murderer on the grounds that he'll kill the poo poo out of them if they aren't on his side.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Senku has to convince people that he, a random highschool kid none of them have heard of, can recreate modern society.

It's a lot easier for Tsukasa to prove that he's super strong.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I mean, Senku has demonstrably proven he can build a cellular telephone using stone age technology and he also has a functional record player.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Tsukasa is also consistently portrayed as being extremely charismatic, whereas Senku sounds like a cartoon villain while serving free noodles to people to win them over.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I mean the phone they created does that

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Kanos posted:

I mean, Senku has demonstrably proven he can build a cellular telephone using stone age technology and he also has a functional record player.

Jose posted:

I mean the phone they created does that

This is why Senku will inevitably win, but it's also why he's spent 60+ chapters building to this point while Tsukasa had his empire up and running basically from the start.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Pretty much given time Senku has a big advantage. But Tsukasa's forces are bigger and he plans to attack soon.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The other thing is that Tsukasa's worldview is that society coddled the weak and he is selecting only the strong to survive so he's basically trying to recruit other bullies who didn't like the way society was run before the incident.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if they thought that way at first, the realities of the caveman life probably made tsukasa's plan seem a lot less appealing.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

even if they thought that way at first, the realities of the caveman life probably made tsukasa's plan seem a lot less appealing.

I dunno. I saw a documentary that made it look pretty good.

I mean, except when the pet tiger locks you in the back yard. That seemed rough.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Nicky rules already. This series is really great.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Okay, I can't be the only one who hears the Zelda do do do doooo sound byte whenever this manga says "(x) acquired!"

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I feel like this isn't going to be the larger conflict of the manga unless the run is going to be really short.

I don't feel like Tsu ties into the space theme that comes back to the petrifiction wave, but maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Mikl posted:

Okay, I can't be the only one who hears the Zelda do do do doooo sound byte whenever this manga says "(x) acquired!"
Wait this manga doesn't have audio????

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

I feel like this isn't going to be the larger conflict of the manga unless the run is going to be really short.

I don't feel like Tsu ties into the space theme that comes back to the petrifiction wave, but maybe I'm reading it wrong.
Wait this manga doesn't have audio????

Well after Tsukasa has been defeated we still need to cure the rest of the world and probably find the cause of this.
There is an entire world to explore after this arc.

rvm
May 6, 2013
I just really want Yuzuriha to become old man's apprentice.

Also, I think Chrono might be a real prodigy / genius which could lead to some really interesting stuff in the future.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Mikl posted:

That's what I hear when they acquire new technology. This chapter I heard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9jOZR3VOjk

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I guess no one likes Taiju

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Mulderman posted:

I really liked Taiju. So it'll be interesting to see how he mixes in with the rest of the cast.

I like the guy. He's like a big dumb dog.
But I guess a. not being a girl and b. not doing anything for pretty much forever. Didn't help his popularity.

Mulderman fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 16, 2018

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I didn't like Taiju as our focal character, but I can probably warm up to him now that Senku is solidly our protagonist.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I like him too, but he isn't even on the character popularity poll.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

It’s sort of a shame, because the first chapter, and how powerfully he sold the drama of it, is what got me reading.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Darth TNT posted:

I guess no one likes Taiju

Darth TNT posted:

I like him too, but he isn't even on the character popularity poll.

...But, he came 10th??? He's right there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

The US poll has some neat results.
Kaseki being number 2 for example.