Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Schlesische posted:

Audi doesn't need GTE. They do okay enough in GT3 (Lambos in IMSA count towards this as far as I care), their DTM program does well for itself and only the diehards really care about the bottom of the ticket races.

Audi is getting slaughtered in DTM this year, and that series is a pure marketing black hole. Audi’s GT3, GT4 and TCR has to be a big profit center though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
Audi sports cars have all been downhill since the V8 Quattro imo. They should go back to their roots and make a GTE version of the S8. It'd still be smaller than the M8 GTE

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
A slammed Q7 would still be smaller than the M8.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

News: The #54 Oreca qualified first at Mosport for tomorrow, followed by the #6 Acura, #85 Oreca, #10 Cadillac, and #55 Mazda. Seems like the BoP is working overall right now as intended

Views: This is not actually a N/V thread. Also the #55 is going to win, thus proving the genius of my recent posts and the credibility with which all of you should be treating my unhinged rantings and half-remembered points largely borrowed from smarter people on other websites

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Your AV needs more tinfoil for the #55 to win. Who's gonna place bets on failure mode for the Mazdas this time?

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

orange juche posted:

Your AV needs more tinfoil for the #55 to win. Who's gonna place bets on failure mode for the Mazdas this time?

#77: Exhaust filled with acorns by squirrels, half of car burns to the ground

#55: Team confuses Mosport with Mooseport; disqualified from motor race but Jon Bomarito manages to defeat Gene Hackman in town mayoral race

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
77 attacked by bears

55 hit out of nowhere by sage karam

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

77 attacked by bears

55 hit out of nowhere by sage karam

It is in Canada, so it’s only fitting one gets attacked by bears.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
15 mins to go and 55 is in the gravel. At least it wasnt mechanical? :v:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

god damnit Mazda

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

That's the last time I try positive thinking. It's all grim cynicism from here on out folks

Really though, I want to know what happened with the #55's last pit stop that it went from running in 3rd to 6th after the rest of the field came in

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

an oddly awful oud posted:

That's the last time I try positive thinking. It's all grim cynicism from here on out folks

Really though, I want to know what happened with the #55's last pit stop that it went from running in 3rd to 6th after the rest of the field came in

They have an extra level when trying to push, and the Mazda is strung the gently caress out so hard it doesn't.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Today I met Travis Pastrana and talked to him a bit and got him to sign my shirt :)

Going to the ARX Rallycross at COTA this Saturday, its gonna be fun as hell. Ken Block's gonna be there too! I'm jazzed as hell to see some cars do jumps in the dirt.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
It's the weekend of Goodwood FOS
https://www.motorsport.com/vintage/video/main-gallery/live-friday-goodwood-fos-111776/

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Indeed, here's today's youtube stream, not sure if it's geoblocked though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67IvQwZZLVU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Bacardi bought Patron, and like all good changes in corporate leadership, the first thing they did was cancel all racing sponsorships.

If you wanna sponsor a few DPi’s, might get a good deal.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

Cygni posted:

Bacardi bought Patron, and like all good changes in corporate leadership, the first thing they did was cancel all racing sponsorships.

That really sucks for ESM, especially because I doubt Nissan is going to be forthcoming with any extra funding or help for them. They're probably going end up sponsored by WeatherTech or something equally wretched, if they are able to continue at all.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cygni posted:

Sounds like the same happened with Martini, another Bacardi brand. Sucks that the ownership has decided to completely take a pass on racing, but it’s what happens once a racing fan like Ed Brown sells the controlling stake of the company.

If this means ESM runs in a throwback Bob Sharp paint scheme for the Nissan DPis I Am Here For It.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Kind of a sleepy weekend this weekend, all I can see in the sportscar world (at least that I follow) is ELMS at the Red Bull Ring, and IMSA at Lime Rock

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
IMSA is supposed to be on (already on a 1 he tape delay) and FS1 is showing loving youth golf.

gently caress fox I want NBCSN now

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

G-Drive won in ELMS.

So I expect that victory to be confirmed when the series hand them a pile of pieces that used to be their car back from scrutineering somewhere around Thursday.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

Lime Rock was a pretty good race, amazing the way the tires would be fine and then just fall off a cliff completely once they were spent. Probably had a lot to do with how fast Joey Hand was at the end, if he managed to preserve his tires better than Jan Magnussen

The Fox commentators said something I wasn't aware of, which is that the lead engineer for Magnus jumped ship to Paul Miller when they hosed off to PWC for a season, and it explains a lot why PMR has been getting better and better and Magnus has looked ahistorically garbage for much of this season despite the R8 obviously having been shown to be an extremely strong platform in Land Montaplast's hands

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

an oddly awful oud posted:

The Fox commentators said something I wasn't aware of, which is that the lead engineer for Magnus jumped ship to Paul Miller when they hosed off to PWC for a season, and it explains a lot why PMR has been getting better and better and Magnus has looked ahistorically garbage for much of this season despite the R8 obviously having been shown to be an extremely strong platform in Land Montaplast's hands

Yeah, especially in a spec-ish class like GTD the engineers matter a lot, and the Lamborghini is basically an R8 in a nice Italian suit.

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
The WRC is back after a summer break with Rally Finland. It should not need much introduction. Massively fast gravel rally with jumps everywhere. Toyota dominated last year, and are probably the favorites this year too. Neuville leads Ogier in the championship, and will look to defend that lead in a rally that hasn't been his best in the past. The first propper stages start friday morning local time.
Timing and live text; https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/livecenter/page/4175----.html
Paid live streaming; https://plus.wrc.com/en/live-stages/live/
Free highlights; https://www.redbull.tv/live/AP-1U6NX7XVS1W11/fia-world-rally-championship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJS9YiEyIGQ

Edit: Ford also has some new rear aero. Its like group b never left

Humbug fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 26, 2018

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I would love to have WRC+, and they even had a 30% off promotion, but even at 30% off its way way way too loving expensive

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
GT2 is back-ish

https://sportscar365.com/sro/sro-relaunches-gt2-category-set-for-2019-debut/

seems like a return to 2005-era GT3 style, when they were meant to be the pace of a 911 GT3 Cup car

inb4 homologation special prototypes

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
GT2 never went anywhere, they just renamed it GTE/GTLM. The technical regulations are the same.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
True but now we'll see rich assholes wreck even faster in a high horsepower GT4-alike for grid padding

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Spa 24h is about to start. Apparently it's on motortrend on demand, but I'mma be watching on YouTube thru a vpn

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Spa 24h is about to start. Apparently it's on motortrend on demand, but I'mma be watching on YouTube thru a vpn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQsqaENFD-g

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Not sure I'm a fan of the FCY then SC procedure. It bunches up the field without needing a wave by, which gives more intense racing, but it just feels weird. Makes it much easier to stay on the lead lap.

Certainly not a fan of the minimum pit stop times, simultaneous fuel and tires, unlimited tire allotment, and maximum stint length times.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

And you're normally so good to me, NISMO TV :argh:

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Just burn up the MotorTrend free trial or hell even :5bux: is cheap enough for the race only let alone what's on MotorTrend.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
The only time Nismo tv doesn’t work for me is during the Bathurst 12hr but I think that changed this year. Le Mans is a pain in the dick to watch in Australia but at least I can watch most of the other big enduro races

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
race is red flagged, big shunt at the top of radillon, got a few pictures from up there from folks at the track. Nothing really on the status of the drivers other than "not dead". Word is 666 hit the barriers at the top of radillon, and then the 31 bentley collected him at full speed

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
more info

https://twitter.com/VincentJBruins/status/1023386878169571330

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
update: both drivers conscious, being transported to hospital

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Jesus Christ

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

How is motor trends on demand app so terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

update: both drivers conscious, being transported to hospital

:ohdear: