Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Dimebags Brain posted:

So who's excited for Haunt's debut LP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqaPfDjiim0

Heavy metal done 100% right, and their debut EP was essentially perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAv8cOAEYvs

How have I never heard of these guys when they are from where I am?

Been going through what Drowning the Light I haven't heard today, his compilation of Dungeon Synth EPs is actually pretty great to listen to as a complete piece from start to finish other than the weird sampling he does a couple times in the middle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feGav20wjbw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

edit: wrong thread

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 12, 2018

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Aren't we due for a new Cattle Decapitation album soon?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

There's nothing greater in life than saying SOAD's Toxicity album was trash and pop along with everything they made after and watching the people come in to defend it.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10Kf1ARKj5U

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Brain fart: who started the "ov" thing? There's a not very good blog post about it that points fingers at Kult ov Azazel (first release under that name in 2001), but they appear to be a not very good American black metal band, so I kind of doubt it started with them. Behemoth started doing it in 2002, as far as I can tell. Any takers?

e: should have read the comments. "Thee Temple ov Psychick Youth or TOPY was a fellowship founded in 1981[1] by members of Psychic TV (including later members of Coil and Current 93) and a number of other individuals.[2] The network is a loosely federated group of people operating as a blend of artistic collective and practitioners of magic."

so "ov" is fascist, got it

Smirr fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 12, 2018

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
actually I saw Kult ov Azazel live last year and they were pretty cool

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

"did he just confuse current 93 with death in june", you ask

:hmmyes:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Weaponized Cum posted:

actually I saw Kult ov Azazel live last year and they were pretty cool

i'm going to listen to them now while continuing to double or triple post. i'll edit my impressions into this post so as not to triple or quadruple post

e: sometimes i wonder: "do i listen to 'norsecore'?" then i hear something like oculus infernum by kult of* azazel and am relieved

Smirr fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 12, 2018

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

This is the oldest black metal project using "Ov" that I can find at a cursory glance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzjxjdWrbXo
Warning, I didn't listen to this so it might be lame

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

King ov Hell

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wasn’t the euronymous record store crew using it way further back than 2000?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Not on any releases off the top of my head or with a cursory glance. Maybe one of the smaller bands that frequented the shop were.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Kvlt ov Personality

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

It orginates from a particularly grim and frostbitten ancient roman

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Kvlt ov Personality

the battle ov evermore

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
The new Obscura album leaked. It's good, but didn't blow me away. I'm not huge on their wanky tech death style though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk7McEMgXIU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I like it. Also, the lineup for the NA tour? Beyond Creation, Archspire, Inferi, and Exist. Fuuuuuuck.

Dates haven't been announced yet, but probably in the fall.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Smirr posted:

Brain fart: who started the "ov" thing? There's a not very good blog post about it that points fingers at Kult ov Azazel (first release under that name in 2001), but they appear to be a not very good American black metal band, so I kind of doubt it started with them. Behemoth started doing it in 2002, as far as I can tell. Any takers?

e: should have read the comments. "Thee Temple ov Psychick Youth or TOPY was a fellowship founded in 1981[1] by members of Psychic TV (including later members of Coil and Current 93) and a number of other individuals.[2] The network is a loosely federated group of people operating as a blend of artistic collective and practitioners of magic."

so "ov" is fascist, got it

TOPY was never fascist(neither are any of the three bands mentioned there), what are you on about? It's more hippy than anything.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Any time you see the phrase "artistic collective" you can be sure that hippies are involved.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

A human heart posted:

TOPY was never fascist(neither are any of the three bands mentioned there), what are you on about? It's more hippy than anything.

David Tibet is close friends with Douglas Pearce who is definitely fash, so probably some mental lines crossing there.

Wrath of Mordark
Jul 25, 2006

Foster liked his brand new wand!
Fun Shoe

MrBling posted:

I did not!

But I did listen to this album today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6hfUuh3LgA which is another one of my favourite death metal things, but for whatever reason I don't really listen to it that much.

I remember seeing "The Unearthly" video on the 'Into the Pit' segment of Headbangers Ball back in the mid to late 90's.

Cheers for this.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

David Tibet is close friends with Douglas Pearce who is definitely fash, so probably some mental lines crossing there.

He used to be friends with him but they haven't been on speaking terms since probably the early or mid 2000s or whenever it was that World Serpent finally collapsed..

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Friends Are Evil posted:

While we're on Pig Destroyer chat, figure I should probably mention I just did a shirt for them. Feel weird self-promoting like this, but I'm real stoked about it.

I love your artwork. What else have you done for metal bands? I know you did the cover for the Forn/Yautja split, and I recall seeing something else but I can't remember the name of it.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Everyone in metal is secretly a Nazi. The code word is "ov."

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zodijackylite posted:

Everyone in metal is secretly a Nazi. The code word is "ov."
Even we Jews? :raise:

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
this album owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrcCIZKY-iA

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Not sure if this fits, but a song from the new Daughters album just popped up on Spotify. Assuming it'll get an official drop in the morning.

It's way slower than anything they've ever done, but it's still real hype.

Detective Thompson posted:

I love your artwork. What else have you done for metal bands? I know you did the cover for the Forn/Yautja split, and I recall seeing something else but I can't remember the name of it.

Haven't done a lot of big metal stuff besides this and the Forn/Yautja split, but I've also done some things for Immortal Bird and Genevieve. Trying to do more freelance stuff.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Wark Say posted:

Even we Jews? :raise:

especially

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

A human heart posted:

I confused Current 93 and Death in June, like I wrote in the following post

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
New BTBAM is out. Voice of Trespass is an early favorite

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

(((ov)))

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Javes posted:

Aren't we due for a new Cattle Decapitation album soon?

Travis says late 2019

Edit— he says they got a really late start writing, so it’ll be a while

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jul 13, 2018

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

TeamJesus posted:

The new Obscura album leaked. It's good, but didn't blow me away. I'm not huge on their wanky tech death style though.

It's good and these guys are really proficient at their instruments, but it kinda steps over the wankery line for me. I like the Alkaloid album better.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m excited for the Obscura album. They’re one of the few tech death bands that I feel are really good song and riff writers. They manage to get stuck in my head all the time.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
New Omnium Gatherum song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FJlxMPE5b0

Catchy as hell.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I was hooked on Obscura as soon as I heard The Anticosmic Overload. Their particular brand of tech death is definitely wanky, but it's fun and catchy.

There are definitely levels of wank that I don't like, though. Ne Obliviscaris just doesn't do it for me.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
How about we post good tech death instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVewgdyQvkE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

There are too many loving albums coming out this month. Christ.

I’m listening to the new Obscura right now and it’s absolutely jam packed full of sick riffs. The lead playing evolved a lot from the last album. And of course that bass :swoon:

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

How about we post good tech death instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVewgdyQvkE

Thanks for the teenage nostalgia bomb!

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jul 13, 2018