Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Darchangel posted:

Edit: “Life? Don’t talk to me about life.” - Marvin The Paranoid Android

THe first ten million years were the worst. The second ten million, they were the worst too. The third ten million I didn't enjoy at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/361528/property-developer-jailed-after-gross-offending

I was involved in some of the evidence gathering for this. They didn't mention that at the Mt Albert one he cantilevered a deck a meter out over a channelized stream owned by the council, walled it in with suntuff and turned it into a family room.

I'm told the one without sewage provisions was absolutely disgusting. A drainlayer was there to determine the extent of the contamination and the sewage pretty much just discharged straight behind the house. They just ended up with one guy trying to operate a digger one handed with his other hand holding his nose while the other dozen people involved in the warrant stopped what they were doing and waited over the far side of the property.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Suntuff is corrugated opaque polycarbonate? That's quite the lovely cheap construction material

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I don't want to load full size photos due to privacy concerns but here's part of it with an old wooden gate being used to block off a 2m vertical drop into a fast flowing stream:

I found a photo of the inside and it's even worse than I remember - one of the walls is a boundary fence with suntuff linking up to the roof.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
That man was really determined to put the "slum" back in "slumlord", wasn't he?

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Yeah, he must have been completely in denial to keep doing what he was doing, he must have interacted with the Council people dozens if not hundreds of times, including search warrants served by the police at widely separated intervals.

schmug
May 20, 2007

drat:

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1017450295641755648

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

It's almost like the windows were the only thing holding it up. Once one went...

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
Someone should put some music over that.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Pipe update:

My favorite part is that the cut out section (which wasn't even the problem) is rusted entirely through. That thing's been dumping water into the ground for probably years but it didn't happen somewhere that flooded anything so nobody noticed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

McMansion Hell is doin texas.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

omagerd

vvvv same

peanut fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jul 13, 2018

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

:eyepop:

I desperately want to see the interior.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Synthbuttrange posted:

Contractor ordered a bag o’ dicks.

Leon Black
Sep 2, 2004

Say whaaaat?

Blue Footed Booby posted:

:eyepop:

I desperately want to see the interior.

Ask and ye shall receive:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3716-N-White-Chapel-Blvd-Southlake-TX-76092/79918269_zpid/

schmug
May 20, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Definitely not my taste; not very much of it anyways, but that is a far cry from a McMansion. Some of it is actually not bad.

This is something though for sure.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

schwaa posted:

Definitely not my taste; not very much of it anyways, but that is a far cry from a McMansion. Some of it is actually not bad.

You seem to have accidentally posted a photo of a charity shop

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

It's super weird that the realtor decided to take all those pictures with a sepia filter on.

....oh.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Ashcans posted:

It's super weird that the realtor decided to take all those pictures with a sepia filter on.

....oh.

It's like they told their interior decorator "I want to live in a well-lit colon."

schmug
May 20, 2007

Jaded Burnout posted:

You seem to have accidentally posted a photo of a charity shop

Classroom of some kind maybe?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

ermagerrrrrd

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Weembles posted:

It's like they told their interior decorator "I want to live in a well-lit colon."
I think they showed the designer a bunch of old photos of a house from the 1920s or something, but didn't bother to mention they would like that house in full color.

peanut posted:

ermagerrrrrd

Ok guys, I know this is a garage, but I still want to make sure we class it up in here. So I was thinking, what if we wallpapered everything.... with leather.

Also I accidentally bought 100 recessed lights, so if we could work that in I won't have to return them.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Good lord it looks like something you'd make in the Sims. It's not quite as horrible as some of the worst offenders, but it sure looks miserable to live in all the same.

Also, judging by the proximity of the house next door, it's definitely oversized as hell for the lot. That's the kind of house you build in the middle of nowhere, both so you can mope all by yourself in your depressed and vain life and also to spare others from having to look at that eyesore

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Now I want to see what kind of McMansion a neuronet would create

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

It looks like the walls are covered in contact paper or linoleum or something

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I wasn't joking, I am 90% sure they've covered that place in gross fake leather wallpaper. It's exactly the sort of thing someone would do because they wanted to ape some 17th century family home, which also goes with the insane turret design.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

It looks like the walls are covered in contact paper or linoleum or something

Were they going for a copper patina or something? :confused:

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

schmug posted:

Yeah, I found that room to be super-weird too.

The many-turrets plan is ghastly, but what I find remarkable about the interior is that it's ostentatious in design but so very bland in color. There are some remarkable spaces that could be striking if someone actually put some thought into their details instead of just adding frills ... in brown. Look at the interiors of the gilded age mansions, for example. They are also ostentatious in the extreme, but the details are beautiful and intricate. (It helps that they didn't just cover the floors in beige tile.)

What I love most about this particular house by the way, is how pissed off the neighbors must be:

loving :lol: at a house a bit over six times the square footage of mine on a lot twenty percent smaller.

edit: holy poo poo, from this angle it looks like it's brandishing its spires to scare off a larger predatory house.

tetrapyloctomy fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 13, 2018

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

schmug posted:

If this is a Sims house, this is the room where they keep the art slaves.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
why the gently caress would you want a house like this next to baseball fields

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

moist turtleneck posted:

why the gently caress would you want a house like this next to baseball fields

If they could afford a better location it wouldn't be a 0.5 acre house on a 1.5 acre lot.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

Is that like 8 AC units in the bottom left of that house and another 4 AC units on the right side?? Or are some of those just trash bins?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

extravadanza posted:

Is that like 8 AC units in the bottom left of that house and another 4 AC units on the right side?? Or are some of those just trash bins?

Good eye, I'd agree that they're AC units.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

This wall treatment looks similar to something I have in my building. It's a textured plaster product finish and in our case uses a dye to create a multi-color depth effect.

I'm not sure if it's not just a wallpaper or vinyl product, but making it all the same color sure does make it look terrible. I hate the stuff I have in my building, too. Even though I think it's kinda dumb looking, it's not too offensive in small quantities, but having it repaired requires a special product and someone who knows how to apply it, which is a lot more expensive than having my apprentice just mud and paint.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Just noticed the huge discolorations in the shingles. Did they run out of that particular color, or did they add like a 15,000 square foot addition at some point?

The more you look...

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

schmug posted:

Just noticed the huge discolorations in the shingles. Did they run out of that particular color, or did they add like a 15,000 square foot addition at some point?

The more you look...

My guess is that they're the same color, just different lots.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
8 bedrooms. loving 8 bedrooms.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Towers are one thing but that house as crenelated battlements :laffo:

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

deoju posted:

8 bedrooms. loving 8 bedrooms.

I don't know, it could be bigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I think it’s supposed to look like Venetian Plaster.