Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

codenameFANGIO posted:

That’s just what David Duchovny sounds like.

I have heard his album and he sounds like he is singing in his sleep, it is sort of impressive.

I would listen to Duchovny to get to sleep. His voice is just enchanting :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I pulled all my ps2 stuff out of storage, and every single dualshock I own is completely busted lmao what even happened. one just constantly vibrates as long as its plugged in. gonna have to play the game of electronics repair

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

I pulled all my ps2 stuff out of storage, and every single dualshock I own is completely busted lmao what even happened. one just constantly vibrates as long as its plugged in. gonna have to play the game of electronics repair

this is what happens when you turn off your ps2 in the middle of psycho mantis showing off his powers

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

chumbler posted:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a game that exists entirely for Liam O'Brien, and for that reason at least it is good.

FFXIII-2 is good but it's inferior to Valkyrie Profile 2 in the hammy Liam O'Brien villain department

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Duchovny played the main character in XIII too and also sounded like he was falling asleep the whole time.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwOUfxB8Fzg

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcc16o0SaY

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm playing the recent PC version of Final Fantasy IX and just realized Beatrix's breasts jiggle

Mak0rz posted:

Original PSX version did this too. Resolution was just too low to notice.
Sorry to break the illusion but they don't. The model's skeleton just has the one torso bone and that's it, no extra articulations for jiggling. What you're seeing is purely full-torso movement combined with the, uh, prominence of her mesh in that particular area and a zest of numerical imprecision in how animations are stored. All that combined with your wildest dreams, of course. So dream on!

Chev fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jul 13, 2018

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm playing the recent PC version of Final Fantasy IX and just realized Beatrix's breasts jiggle

sakes alive

It's absolutely criminal how little you get to use Beatrix

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Skypie posted:

solution: just put steiner and eiko on your team

that said save the queen is hands-down the most powerful weapon in the game since it's attack formula is like (level^2)

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

solution: just put steiner and eiko on your team

that said save the queen is hands-down the most powerful weapon in the game since it's attack formula is like (level^2)

I think my final party always ended up as Zidane, Steiner, Garnet, and Eiko.

Also I'm dumb and never really got the hang of blue magic so even though Quina is apparently stupid powerful, I never made use of the character

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Holy crap there's a Steam Workshop for the Mega Drive/Genesis classics app. Never thought I'd be modding games from 1993

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The Colonel posted:

kira buckland used to do fandubs and voice heroines in godlimations flash games and now she is the voice of 2b and the cat in trails of cold steel, a new member of the ranks of dub actors who appear in literally everything. a respectable career path

She hasn't fulfilled her destiny until she lands a voice in Smash Bros., thereby completing the circle that was started in Brawl Taunts.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

al-azad posted:

Well, there are a small pool of union voice actors to draw from so every AAA game gets the same people.

You used to hear a lot of the same voices on cartoons as well but for everything but anime dubs studios have gone to great length to get a wider variety of actors.

I just wish Cree Summer would get more game work. Final Fantasy X is the last game I remember playing she was in. (The lady summoner you fight a few times throughout the game who is nice and helpful, not Donna)

She's such a great actress but she only ever gets bit parts :(

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jul 13, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

buglord posted:

holy crap lately ive been playing a variety of games and they all seem to be hiring from the same incredibly small voice actor pool. Tales from The Borderlands, Fallout NV + 4, and a whole bunch of other games have the same people. Its slightly maddening.

It's cool though when you discover weird connections like Wakka from Final Fantasy X is also Bender on Futurama.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Fallout 4 has tons of poo poo to complain about but i couldn't stand that Nick Valentine was the same voice actor (and voice) as the thief guild leader from Skyrim.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Skypie posted:

Here's a fun fact: there's an entire mod for the pc version that adds her as a playable character and puts her into cutscenes and stuff.

I dunno how good the mod is but it's a thing that exists.

Now if only they had a similar mod to add Lani in, though I suspect that'd be much harder since she's only ever a boss fight and never a party member.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 13, 2018

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

It's cool though when you discover weird connections like Wakka from Final Fantasy X is also Bender on Futurama.

And Marcus Fenix in Gears.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
That one scene in one of the expansions for F.E.A.R. where Steve Blum watches security cam footage of Steve Blum torturing Steve Blum

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

That one scene in one of the expansions for F.E.A.R. where Steve Blum watches security cam footage of Steve Blum torturing Steve Blum

My favorite thing about Steve Blum is his callous disregard for anime/game fans' opinions or thoughts

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

Here's a fun fact: there's an entire mod for the pc version that adds her as a playable character and puts her into cutscenes and stuff.

I dunno how good the mod is but it's a thing that exists.

Now if only they had a similar mod to add Lani in, though I suspect that'd be much harder since she's only ever a boss fight and never a party member.

i do not like this bizarrely proportioned adult

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I don't even remember who Lani is, but I haven't played FF9 in like 10 years so

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

big bendy sh

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also the way they lined up that other guy makes it looks like she's going in for a pud honk

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

You would not like FF9 then my friend

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I want a version of FFIX that replaces Eiko with Beatrix as your second healer. That way you get Garnet as your White Mage/Summoner and Beatrix as a Paladin, instead of having two White Mage/Summoner hybrids who just have different focuses (Garnet's main job is Summoner and Eiko's is White Mage).

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

FirstAidKite posted:

You would not like FF9 then my friend

Some quality av material here

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If I didn't already love having Sir Gilman as my av I'd take that top-right Steiner face for sure

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Skypie posted:

She's not around a lot, she's mostly in the background. You can see her name mentioned a few times like at one of the early inns where their sign-in has a bad review made by her and she's one of the participants you're racing against in the monster fighting tourney, then she and Amarant get hired to go after Garnet and she's the first of the two you encounter, then you encounter her later and Amarant doesn't like how she's doing things so he defects to join Zidane, then after that she kinda chills at Eiko's place and I wanna say she's chilled out and realized that she was being a bit of a dick and she tells you how to go find out what Garnet's real name is I think

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

Yeah, the SD style is cute until they add rockin' titties then everything gets a bit weird

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

haveblue posted:

And Marcus Fenix in Gears.

And Smiling Jack from Vampire: Bloodlines

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah, it only works for Beatrix because she's already a temporary party member and thus has all the necessary data so it's just a matter of toggling the right flags. Lani would need actual content additions, which is pretty tricky with the way FF9's filesystem is set up.

Skypie posted:

She's the other half of Amarant's Team Rocket duo before he joins your crew.

Chev fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 13, 2018

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

suuma posted:

Fallout 4 has tons of poo poo to complain about but i couldn't stand that Nick Valentine was the same voice actor (and voice) as the thief guild leader from Skyrim.

Are you also angry that John Wick and Neo from the Matrix are played by the same actor

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Jay Rust posted:

Are you also angry that John Wick and Neo from the Matrix are played by the same actor

lol

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i'm now imagining the movie industry where Keanu Reeves is just in every movie like Steve Blum is in every game.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Phantasium posted:

i'm now imagining the movie industry where Keanu Reeves is just in every movie like Steve Blum is in every game.

We can only dream of this perfect world

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Phantasium posted:

There's a non-zero chance this happens when it inevitably turns out he's the only Hollywood actor who isn't a sex pest.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

turns out keanu reeves is a sex pest too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Every time someone uses the term "sex pest" I'm just reminded of the intro to The Pest starring John Leguizamo

• Locked thread