Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Mak0rz posted:

I can't believe I'm arguing about this stupid poo poo but: yes they do. It's not physics obviously, it's just how her model was animated for certain actions.

Just play up to where she salutes the queen near the beginning on an emulator with high resolution and jitter correction and you'll see what I mean (it's how I first noticed it).

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I don’t even feel bad about starting a page that way. Just look at that.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i think we need some gifs of this heh heh heh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

32-bit boob bounce is a good username

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I never look up voice actors, it breaks my immersion, for lack of better wording. I don't want real people in my imaginary worlds. I also never watch bloopers right after watching a movie, because it spoils the impact of the story. I am strange like that, but the kid inside me wants to believe all the fairytales.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

It's morning and I didn't sleep well I'm an idiot and complete misread the post lmao. He's probably very correct.

I did start with the caveat that it's a stupid thing to argue about and I didn't realize how far along from it the thread had gotten by that point :smith:

codenameFANGIO posted:

I don’t even feel bad about starting a page that way. Just look at that.

Fair.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hopper posted:

I never look up voice actors, it breaks my immersion, for lack of better wording. I don't want real people in my imaginary worlds. I also never watch bloopers right after watching a movie, because it spoils the impact of the story. I am strange like that, but the kid inside me wants to believe all the fairytales.

Same for the most part. I rarely if ever watch behind the scenes stuff or panels or whatever. I'd rather keep my 4th wall up. Which is weird, because I'm on a first name basis with one of the leads in my favorite show, The Expanse, which just had an incredible 3rd season.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I actually get a kick out of imagining what filming and recording some these things must’ve been like. Like, they actually got a human adult to say these things, pretty wild!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Jay Rust posted:

I actually get a kick out of imagining what filming and recording some these things must’ve been like. Like, they actually got a human adult to say these things, pretty wild!

All in a day's work!

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
The most disorienting for me is when a voice I have been using on a main character shows up in other games because I have spent SO MUCH of my time with that voice.

You can imagine my surprise when the Dragon Age Inquisitor started narrating in Divinity Original Sin or when the Boss voice I used in Saints Rows 3-4 turned out to be Jaina.

e: Holy poo poo, Laura Bailey has been in everything.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

doingitwrong posted:

The most disorienting for me is when a voice I have been using on a main character shows up in other games because I have spent SO MUCH of my time with that voice.

This is how I felt about Troy Baker's role in FFXIII after playing so much Tales of Vesperia. Why does this blond meathead have Yuri's voice now? etc.

Edit: Same with Mark Hamill as The Watcher in Darksiders, for which he uses his famous Joker voice.

Ironically Troy Baker is the Joker now.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 13, 2018

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Taintrunner posted:

Same for the most part. I rarely if ever watch behind the scenes stuff or panels or whatever. I'd rather keep my 4th wall up. Which is weird, because I'm on a first name basis with one of the leads in my favorite show, The Expanse, which just had an incredible 3rd season.

<3 Shohreh

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
My most wtf moment was when a boy in danganronpa 3 showed up and started talking in the lina inverse voice. :v:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I played LA Noire before watching a bit of Mad Men, that was weird

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
In the German version of Sacred 2, the evil Inquisitor class had the same voice actor as Stanley Tweedle from Lexx. Literally the same voice. Imagine Stanley running around in a fantasy world swinging swords, shooting lightning, and plotting to destroy the world while failing to sound menacing in any way.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Baller Time posted:

In the German version of Sacred 2, the evil Inquisitor class had the same voice actor as Stanley Tweedle from Lexx. Literally the same voice. Imagine Stanley running around in a fantasy world swinging swords, shooting lightning, and plotting to destroy the world while failing to sound menacing in any way.

woo newfies represent

Edit: wait you probably mean the German dub of Lexx. Right? drat how far did that show even reach?? I know it was popular among Swedish nerds.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 13, 2018

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mak0rz posted:

I can't believe I'm arguing about this stupid poo poo but: yes they do. It's not physics obviously, it's just how her model was animated for certain actions.

Just play up to where she salutes the queen near the beginning on an emulator with high resolution and jitter correction and you'll see what I mean (it's how I first noticed it).
I first made a FF9 model viewer ten years ago (and archived the other two existing fully-featured ones) so I could look at all the raw models and animations in glorious jitter-free high precision and no they don't. Beatrix's model's skeleton simply doesn't have the bones necessary for her chest to jiggle, it's all just one piece for the whole torso. The jiggle is all in your head, the combination of the 10-bit angle format used in the animations (which jitter correction algorithms don't account for because they work post-transform), her general body language and your own desires.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I can't believe Nintendo removed her titty bones.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

yeah I realized after my reading comprehension returned that you very clearly knew what your were talking about and I'm a dumbass but I couldn't rescind my post because Fangio already immortalized my shameful words

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
A discussion on breast bones is great entertainment all around.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

yeah I realized after my reading comprehension returned that you very clearly knew what your were talking about and I'm a dumbass but I couldn't rescind my post because Fangio already immortalized my shameful words

:cool:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jay Rust posted:

Luckily all of the Hollywood ladies are still good

in an upcoming movie scarlet johansson is playing the role of an actual person who existed and towards the end of their life very likely identified as a trans man and when people got mad at her about it she basically told them she doesn't care

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*pushes jiggle slider to max*

rio
Mar 20, 2008

So trip report time. I sunk a few hours into the mobile Star Ocean game last night and I would say that if you have fond memories of the series then it is worth messing around with. I don’t know if they made a mistake but without spending a single dime you can max one, maybe more characters to lvl 70 (the cap), increasing them from 5 to 6 stars using only in game gifts and currency. The amount of the premium currency they just give you for various things is huge - I see this as a problem for any kind of extended endgame of course since I am at max level after the first night but perhaps they planned a reason for that. The multiplayer is fun for a phone game, the battle is as close to traditional Star Ocean as you can get with a touch screen and seeing some of the characters is very nostalgic. I haven’t come across any real notable characters from 1 or 2 but my team has Nel and Maria (both who are extremely strong) and it is cool to see them since I sunk so many hours into Star Ocean 3 back in the day. There are characters from later games too but I didn’t play those so don’t know much about them. It is also very easy to retool in this game and with the amount of currency they gift you at the beginning you can do two 10 pulls after just a few minutes of the mostly skippable tutorial.

If you like gatcha games or Star Ocean it is a fun time waster. And if you do like gatcha games it is nice being able to do all of the button pushing micro managing without spending a dime.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

The Colonel posted:

in an upcoming movie scarlet johansson is playing the role of an actual person who existed and towards the end of their life very likely identified as a trans man and when people got mad at her about it she basically told them she doesn't care

lol why does she keep taking roles that put her in exactly this situation. Besides ya know the obvious one

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Colonel posted:

I don’t care either

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Jay Rust posted:

:nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IwGEa1gDZo
:nws:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MMF Freeway posted:

lol why does she keep taking roles that put her in exactly this situation. Besides ya know the obvious one

Michelle Rodriguez also had a similar sorta role in which she plays a dude hitman that gets nonconsensual gender reassignment surgery from evil Sigourney Weaver

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

gwyneth paltrow sells hog cum and rocks to people claiming they cure cancer and stuff

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

Looks like we're gonna need video evidence for this one folks

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

gwyneth paltrow sells hog cum and rocks to people claiming they cure cancer and stuff

Are you saying I bought all this hog cum for nothing?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hilary Swank partied with a Chechen war criminal

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

next we have to get to the bottom of the vagina bone mystery

al-azad
May 28, 2009

It's really distracting when Steve Blum plays background characters. He's a couple one off soldiers in Valkyria Chronicles and plays TERRORIST #5 in some other game I played and I'm just like "I don't want to kill Spike Spiegel!"

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

al-azad posted:

It's really distracting when Steve Blum plays background characters. He's a couple one off soldiers in Valkyria Chronicles and plays TERRORIST #5 in some other game I played and I'm just like "I don't want to kill Spike Spiegel!"

I do

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
you're a bit late for that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He's dead anyway

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

damb

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees