Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Ariong posted:

In Blightfall, I now have a setup for automatically generating Herba, Praecantatio, and Sano. Now I just need a way of automatically generating Vitium. Any suggestions? My only idea is to find a way to automatically spawn and then kill tainted monsters. I could find a way to auto-kill them, but as for spawning them, I got nothing.

EDIT:
Tainted Soil is a good Vitium source, so if tehre's is a way to automatically generate and then harvest it, I'm all for that.

Doesn't Blightfall have MFR? Capture a tainted mob in a safari net, then autospawn them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

how about the cursed earth from the division sigil ritual?

or, like, that flower that generates wispy essences. that's what i did

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

how about the cursed earth from the division sigil ritual?

4 Examinis, 1 Terra, 1 Tenebrae, 1 Alienis, 1 Permutatio. No Vitium.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

or, like, that flower that generates wispy essences. that's what i did

That's a godsend for Auram, but I don't see how it will help with Vitium. Is there a way to tune it to a particular kind of essence?

McFrugal posted:

Doesn't Blightfall have MFR? Capture a tainted mob in a safari net, then autospawn them.

I'll look into that, thanks!

EDIT:

Okay, it looks like this machine requires not only power, but another resource called essence? It's made from expereince. How can I automatically generate essence? If I have to go around getting it manually, then I might as cut out the middle man and just harvest tainted stuff directly.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 13, 2018

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ariong posted:

4 Examinis, 1 Terra, 1 Tenebrae, 1 Alienis, 1 Permutatio. No Vitium.

That's a godsend for Auram, but I don't see how it will help with Vitium. Is there a way to tune it to a particular kind of essence?

I'll look into that, thanks!

EDIT:

Okay, it looks like this machine requires not only power, but another resource called essence? It's made from expereince. How can I automatically generate essence? If I have to go around getting it manually, then I might as cut out the middle man and just harvest tainted stuff directly.

You set up a cursed earth farm somewher safe. You then have a mob grinder killing/syphoning essence.

That essense is then piped to the mob spawner, with another mob grinder getting essense.

Edit

In exoria- the thermal expansion machines/items are causing crashes. Ive had to reconfigure every machine to have no input/output and then after getting my 3 copper dust, 1 silver dust and bucket of redstone, clicking on the signilium dust in a tinkers table is causing a crash.

Is this a known problem fixed in a later update?

NOTE - you will need a fairly well set up logistics system to deal with the drops from the cursed earth farm.

Meskhenet fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 13, 2018

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Meskhenet posted:

You set up a cursed earth farm somewher safe. You then have a mob grinder killing/syphoning essence.

That essense is then piped to the mob spawner, with another mob grinder getting essense.

NOTE - you will need a fairly well set up logistics system to deal with the drops from the cursed earth farm.

To be clear you only need one mob grinder, for the cursed earth farm, and you can just void out all the drops.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

McFrugal posted:

, and you can just void out all the drops.

Thats blasphemy.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Meskhenet posted:

In exoria- the thermal expansion machines/items are causing crashes. Ive had to reconfigure every machine to have no input/output and then after getting my 3 copper dust, 1 silver dust and bucket of redstone, clicking on the signilium dust in a tinkers table is causing a crash.

Is this a known problem fixed in a later update?

I haven't run into that, it might have been fixed in a later update yeah. Just update! Get a windmill or two instead of your dumb cheaty fluxfield.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Meskhenet posted:

Thats blasphemy.

Yeah man, there's a ton of lucrum you're throwing away that way.

As for vitium, I never recall needing much of it in Blightfall. I got what I needed from a wisp farm by moving some wisp spawners from under this altars around sinister biomes, and supplemented it with a Shovel of the Purifier when I needed taint shards in particular.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

For Blightfall vitium, I carried around a thermal expansion satchel and used it to sequester the eleven hundred trillion tainted tentacles and slimes that the tainted monsters dropped per second, and just melted those. Clearing out the taint swarmers from wooded areas generates acres of that stuff.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

McFrugal posted:

I haven't run into that, it might have been fixed in a later update yeah. Just update! Get a windmill or two instead of your dumb cheaty fluxfield.

Ive got 6 windmills already (if i add more mills to the generators does that increase the output?)

Though im sort of at the point where the TE generators would be coming into play? I just finished my void miner t1.

I dislike the forestry autofarm, is there something better soon? like the cloche?

And yeah ill update, copy my save/ journeymap folders and see if this fixes the problem (using multimc)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Okay, so it sounds like I'll need some cursed earth. Apparently getting that requires something called a "divison sigil." Any idea where I can find one of those?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ariong posted:

Okay, so it sounds like I'll need some cursed earth. Apparently getting that requires something called a "divison sigil." Any idea where I can find one of those?

You can kill a wither for one. Alternatively, there's one in a small cave in one of the tall, narrow islands jutting out just south of the glacier if I'm remembering right. You then need to activate it; google will tell you how to do that.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Wither hunting sounds fun. Thanks!

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Meskhenet posted:

Ive got 6 windmills already (if i add more mills to the generators does that increase the output?)

Though im sort of at the point where the TE generators would be coming into play? I just finished my void miner t1.

I dislike the forestry autofarm, is there something better soon? like the cloche?

And yeah ill update, copy my save/ journeymap folders and see if this fixes the problem (using multimc)

For a non-Forestry autofarm you can make the Industrial Forgoing pair (there's even a quest for it in your near future). The AA Farmer is more compact if you have the iron to throw at it, but like I said, there's a quest for the IF stuff so you may as well use that. A large canola farm will easily supply an upgraded TE compression dynamo, as I posted earlier. The T1 void miner seems to need 180 rf/t to run continuously, which you might already have via 6 windmills. You did put canvas on them right?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Nope.

putting the windmill sail on helped a heap.

What constitutes a closed room?

I dug up to my windmills and replaced ash with dirt. Now when i go inside my house anything needing an enclosed area isnt working.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Meskhenet posted:

Thats blasphemy.

The tricky part is setting up a system to automatically disenchant any armour with a good enchantment on it, and bin the shite.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

my blightfall cursed earth farm fed my essentia furnaces :)

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Meskhenet posted:

Nope.

putting the windmill sail on helped a heap.

I dug up to my windmills and replaced ash with dirt. Now when i go inside my house anything needing an enclosed area isnt working.

Closed room means no air gaps basically. Open trapdoors count as "open" blocks, but closed ones close the room. Same with doors. I've noticed some blocks, despite not looking at all like they'd seal off a block, will do so. Embers pipes count as full blocks, obscuring blocks that need to be exposed, and I assume they will also close a room. The auto-sifter seems to work as a full block despite having air gaps, so I was able to run an axle to it below the wall. Slabs will close a room at least if placed on the ceiling, so if you need a chest at the top of the room you can use a slab there.
Dirt should work fine(though I haven't used it as building material myself), so I can't say what's wrong without a picture.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah ive run around in creative and dont see any gaps at all. So i guess there is some block that isnt acting as a proper block.

Thing is all i did was build a dirt path above my base. Maybe if i safe some patience up i can have anotehr crack at it.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Meskhenet posted:

Yeah ive run around in creative and dont see any gaps at all. So i guess there is some block that isnt acting as a proper block.

Thing is all i did was build a dirt path above my base. Maybe if i safe some patience up i can have anotehr crack at it.

Why would you need to run around in creative? If you have no doors between rooms and you have some kind of gigantic multi-room base that's only closed off on the very outside part of it, I suggest making something more sane and/or putting doors in. It's possible the algorithm that checks for room size and boundary got confused because the "room" was too big or complex. If you dug into the side of an ash mountain like a dwarf then maybe you should start replacing the ash/basalt with cobble so you can see the rooms more clearly? Get a Chisel and turn the cobble into something nonstandard to avoid it breaking when you mine it out.

Don't forget to put pressure plates in for auto-closing doors.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

McFrugal posted:

Why would you need to run around in creative? If you have no doors between rooms and you have some kind of gigantic multi-room base that's only closed off on the very outside part of it, I suggest making something more sane and/or putting doors in. It's possible the algorithm that checks for room size and boundary got confused because the "room" was too big or complex. If you dug into the side of an ash mountain like a dwarf then maybe you should start replacing the ash/basalt with cobble so you can see the rooms more clearly? Get a Chisel and turn the cobble into something nonstandard to avoid it breaking when you mine it out.

Don't forget to put pressure plates in for auto-closing doors.

did all of that. My next option is to completely rebuild (and make each area discreet) and i cant be bothered with that for now :/

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Looking to jump back in and want to do so with a 1.12 pack with a high number of mods and good tech/automation with as many of the old core mods as possible. What is the best pack these days that accommodates this? Most important is at least one good storage, good transport, good dimension, and good magic mod.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jul 13, 2018

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Mr Scumbag posted:

Looking to jump back in and want to do so with a 1.12 pack with a high number of mods and good tech/automation with as many of the old core mods as possible. What is the best pack these days that accommodates this? Most important is at least one good storage, good transport, good dimension, and good magic mod.

The 1.12 direwolf20 pack is a kitchen sink pack that does all these. It's got Thermal Expansion, Ender IO, AE2/Refined Storage, RFTools Dimensions, and Thaumcraft/Astral Sorcery/Blood Magic. I don't know what "transport" means but it has Simply Jetpacks for flying around, as well as XU2's angel ring.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
The direwolf20 pack doesn't have Thermal Innovation though (last time I checked at least which was a couple days ago), which is a crime.

edit: What I'm saying is, if you go with that pack, add Thermal Innovation.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Fortis posted:

The direwolf20 pack doesn't have Thermal Innovation though (last time I checked at least which was a couple days ago), which is a crime.

edit: What I'm saying is, if you go with that pack, add Thermal Innovation.

Yes, it does. You need to update to 2.0.0.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The 1.12 direwolf20 pack is a kitchen sink pack that does all these. It's got Thermal Expansion, Ender IO, AE2/Refined Storage, RFTools Dimensions, and Thaumcraft/Astral Sorcery/Blood Magic. I don't know what "transport" means but it has Simply Jetpacks for flying around, as well as XU2's angel ring.

Brilliant! Thankyou kindly for the fast response.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Yes, it does. You need to update to 2.0.0.

Twitch packs move too fast for me! I swear it wasn't in there when I checked at the beginning of the week.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Wolfsbane posted:

The tricky part is setting up a system to automatically disenchant any armour with a good enchantment on it, and bin the shite.

I never figured out how to do that in Blightfall.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I never figured out how to do that in Blightfall.
IIRC Blightfall had the Osmotic Enchanter from Thaumic Tinkering, so I never found it necessary to save anything from drops. I just dumpstered all the junk tools with <100% durability from my AE network.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

In the dw20 pack, I had fun designing a system to sort out all the enchanted items from my cursed earth mob spawner and feed them to an enervation dynamo rigged with the Disjunctive Extraction specialization.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Mr Scumbag posted:

You could also check out Disasterpiece Theater if you'd like to play with goons

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Is it possible to make an Extra Utilites node only put items into a container if that container is empty? The Blood Magic altar seems to work strangely when more than one thing is in it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ariong posted:

Is it possible to make an Extra Utilites node only put items into a container if that container is empty? The Blood Magic altar seems to work strangely when more than one thing is in it.

Hyper-Rationing pipe. You only need one on the pipe that connects to the altar.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Meskhenet posted:

there is a max size

i discovered this by creating a massive underground complex. just put doors in place and it's fine

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Ariong posted:

I remember the altar working fine with more than one item. You have to let it finish, of course, and it transforms everything all at once instead of one at a time.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Every so often, I get the urge to play Minecraft. I currently have that urge.

But when I went to install it I realized it installs to the C drive by default, and I would prefer not to have it on my SSD. So after searching around a bit I found MultiMC which lets me create an instance I can run from my E: drive (Which is a HDD and not SSD). This works fine EXCEPT one issue : When I try to install Forge to the instance on my E: drive, the forge installer keeps claiming 'the directory is missing a launcher profile. Please run the minecraft launcher first'.

I want to load Forge so I can install Optifine and some good looking Shaders. Can anyone give me a little assistance on how this is done using MultiMC?

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

khy posted:

Every so often, I get the urge to play Minecraft. I currently have that urge.

But when I went to install it I realized it installs to the C drive by default, and I would prefer not to have it on my SSD. So after searching around a bit I found MultiMC which lets me create an instance I can run from my E: drive (Which is a HDD and not SSD). This works fine EXCEPT one issue : When I try to install Forge to the instance on my E: drive, the forge installer keeps claiming 'the directory is missing a launcher profile. Please run the minecraft launcher first'.

I want to load Forge so I can install Optifine and some good looking Shaders. Can anyone give me a little assistance on how this is done using MultiMC?

Select the instance, click on edit instance, go to the version page,click on the install version button, select the correct version for optifine and click OK.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

delta534 posted:

Select the instance, click on edit instance, go to the version page,click on the install version button, select the correct version for optifine and click OK.

Thanks.

EDIT : I'M A COLOSSAL IDIOT. I got Optifine working. I was following the 'Minecraft versions that don't have Forge' instructions when I HAVE forge. Of course it'd gently caress up if I can't even follow the super easy instructions.

So just in general, which Shader Pack do people here prefer?

khy fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 14, 2018

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

khy posted:

Thanks. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the Optifine mod .jar file without the installer, which is ALSO bitching about me not having run 1.12.2 to even extract the drat thing.

MultiMC is nice but it is a bit frustrating to mod. The instructions on https://github.com/MultiMC/MultiMC5/wiki/MultiMC-and-OptiFine do not work for me at all. I suspect I have to run the installer and extract the OptiFine_1.12.2_HD_U_E1_MOD.jar file for it to work but since I can't do that, I'm at an impasse.

You need to install base minecraft so that MultiMC can locate the files needed. MultiMC itself does not distribute minecraft files; it cannot legally do so. Don't worry, it won't actually run off the C drive if you point it at a different directory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

McFrugal posted:

You need to install base minecraft so that MultiMC can locate the files needed. MultiMC itself does not distribute minecraft files; it cannot legally do so. Don't worry, it won't actually run off the C drive if you point it at a different directory.

This may have changed. I didn't install base minecraft at all and it downloaded and installed 1.12.2 just fine; the problems I encountered were entirely related to me following the wrong drat set of instructions because I'm a moron.

But I figured out the problem and I'm now a moron with a working copy of 1.12.2, with Forge and Optifine. I just need to decide on a texture pack and shaders now. Any recommendations?