Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
They’ve tried, and failed, to push motion controls since the Genesis. Give it a drat rest guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like it for occasional minigame stuff, but it's loathsome to play a whole game with it

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Frond posted:

They’ve tried, and failed, to push motion controls since the Genesis. Give it a drat rest guys.

how could you forget the powerglove

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The only good use of motion control was in the Red Steel trailer where the guy tilted the wiimote to hold his gun sideways

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I hate motion controls and I’m glad they’re mostly dead now

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I like motion for shooting

I don't want to hold my weak little arm up and wave it around for 2 hours while I play a game. I get tired

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I don't want to hold my weak little arm up and wave it around for 2 hours while I play a game. I get tired

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

imo analog with fine adjustments using motion controls (like breath of the wild, splatoon is good too but goes a little more all-in on motion) is superior and more accurate than pure analog sticks in every situation and i have no idea why every console shooter doesn't do it. DS4 and xbox one controller all have the same gyro stuff built in afaik

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Try hitting up the gym.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Gyro aiming is strictly a wrist motion. If you're holding your arm up you're doing it wrong.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

imo analog with fine adjustments using motion controls (like breath of the wild, splatoon is good too but goes a little more all-in on motion) is superior and more accurate than pure analog sticks in every situation and i have no idea why every console shooter doesn't do it. DS4 and xbox one controller all have the same gyro stuff built in afaik

I think a xbox pad + motion control thing for a flight sim could be incredible. Like control pitch and roll with tilting and right stick for looking around and left stick for yaw or something. It still wouldn't be as good as a stick but probably better than a mouse even

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Actually played a game of this.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

I think a xbox pad + motion control thing for a flight sim could be incredible. Like control pitch and roll with tilting and right stick for looking around and left stick for yaw or something. It still wouldn't be as good as a stick but probably better than a mouse even

Flower uses this control scheme and it really only works because there is no need for precision in that game

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

American McGay posted:

Gyro aiming is strictly a wrist motion. If you're holding your arm up you're doing it wrong.

What’s even the point if you’re not acting out holding a gun and you’re just sitting there wiggling your hand around in your lap. It’s fuckin stupid American McGay. Never liked that stuff

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

Actually played a game of this.

Was it as complicated as it looks? It looks really complex.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

DicktheCat posted:

Was it as complicated as it looks? It looks really complex.
It's not that complex as far as war games go. There's three unit types (foot soldiers, archers, fliers) each with its separate upgrades (which is mostly "numbers go up", but also some unique traits to make the factions sufficiently different), two resources (wood and gold, obviously) you farm from the map with a chance of exhausting them. There's a bit of "base building", too, but I can't remember whether it influences recruitment or upgrades or both.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I remember this. just kidding

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

oh, another dragon quest. but this one features swords? interesting

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Started thinking about Pole-Jack Norsemen today.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I couldn't stop laughing softly for like 5 minutes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

This one has aged surprisingly well.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Wormskull posted:

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
glad to see some new posters here

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Some ps4 fanboy no doubt, ah well, glad to see the console wars back

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Oh yeah...THAT happened.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

glad to see some new posters here

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Oh yeah...THAT happened.

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mods please rename BBG to Iceass Ambassador

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

mods cannot rename people. Hth.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Major Nelson Will Remember This

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Major Nelson Will Remember This

major nelsons like 90 and probably cant remember his real name anymore

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

A new piece of poo poo about an old piece of poo poo; it turns out that the Aliens Colonial Marines AI is terrible because of a single typo in an .ini file.

https://www.pcgamer.com/all-this-time-aliens-colonial-marines-stupid-ai-may-have-been-caused-by-a-single-typo/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

A new piece of poo poo about an old piece of poo poo; it turns out that the Aliens Colonial Marines AI is terrible because of a single typo in an .ini file.

https://www.pcgamer.com/all-this-time-aliens-colonial-marines-stupid-ai-may-have-been-caused-by-a-single-typo/

Didn't this happen with Civ VI as well where someone spelled Yield as Yeild and that made the ai not mine resources or something