Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

:laffo: The unnamed D&D China thread can only salivate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

My wife has wanted a nice wall map for our apartment so she finally got one at costco. It was printed this year and also claims to have all flags of the world.
Taiwan is shaded the same as China and has no flag on the map, Tibet has no internal border within China shown or even a "tibet" label at all.
"Printed in China", ah.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

simplefish posted:

Thread title is good
Fleta lemme know about Spain

OMFUCK SORRY
I'll PM you when I get home!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Baronjutter posted:

My wife has wanted a nice wall map for our apartment so she finally got one at costco. It was printed this year and also claims to have all flags of the world.
Taiwan is shaded the same as China and has no flag on the map, Tibet has no internal border within China shown or even a "tibet" label at all.
"Printed in China", ah.

Tibet at least is not in any way an independent entity. Even the Dalai Lama doesn't dispute that anymore.

Tibet should be treated better but there is absolutely zero chance it will ever be independent short of the PRC collapsing entirely. Free Tibet is a long lost cause, Stop Treating Tibet Like poo poo is reasonable though.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Which reminds me of the one time a lunch office worker decided to serve "Free Tibet Gojiberry Pie" here in the US.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Brought two bottles of Wuliangye back to the states after my trip and since both are now seal broken I think its time to eat hot pot and chug

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
gently caress yeah Taiwa

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

Brought two bottles of Wuliangye back to the states after my trip and since both are now seal broken I think its time to eat hot pot and chug

I don't understand why they have such tiny little caps. Half the time they split in half when I try to close the bottle.

I guess they're just meant for a single night binge drinking guanxi session.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

taiwan is good for cycling i might go there to teach english and also ride bikes

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Taiwan # 1, China # 45

kenner116
May 15, 2009
This is the official Taiwan thread now. 台灣民國萬歲!

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Riding a bike in Taiwan is a good way to commit suicide.

Taiwanese drivers have a thing where they HAVE TO drive in FRONT of a pedestrian crossing the street rather than slowing down slightly and driving behind them. Wonder whu?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

China is a part of Taiwan

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

nickmeister posted:

Taiwanese drivers have a thing where they HAVE TO drive in FRONT of a pedestrian crossing the street rather than slowing down slightly and driving behind them. Wonder whu?

You have to remember that even Best China is still China. *I'M* driving and want to go forward, gently caress everyone else.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

what if you are in the mountains??? also how hot is it there?

i rode a 300 cc bike in thailand and i just filtered to the front and launched full blast every time to get away from the huge group of scooters.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

what if you are in the mountains??? also how hot is it there?

i rode a 300 cc bike in thailand and i just filtered to the front and launched full blast every time to get away from the huge group of scooters.

Man you think you sort of casually and impersonally know some people. :jerkbag:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Ziv Zulander posted:

China is a part of Taiwan

taiwan is hong kong territory

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

"Printed in China", ah.

My kid's made in China globe has the nine dash line on it, but the borders are drawn with enough chabuduo that Aksai Chin and Arunachal Pradesh remain ambiguous.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jose posted:

i'll have to shorten the current name down to China.jpg to fit it in

You don't care about your social credit score?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
In honor of the the new thread title (turn subtitles on). Wait for the end, it's worth it.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

taiwan is good for cycling i might go there to teach english and also ride bikes

nickmeister posted:

Nah Taiwan is good for cycling. I cycle every day for commute during busy periods and it’s not bad, in the city you’re always with a gaggle of scooters so cars aren’t gonna gently caress with you unless they plow through 5 scooters at the same time. Also in a month I’ve yet to see a car ever try to beat a scooter or cycle into a turn or anything, they always give way.

There’s also lots of fully spandexed long distance cyclists around and it’s indeed quite the cycling destination.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
fully support Hong Kong annexation of Taiwan province

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Grand Fromage posted:

Tibet at least is not in any way an independent entity. Even the Dalai Lama doesn't dispute that anymore.

Tibet should be treated better but there is absolutely zero chance it will ever be independent short of the PRC collapsing entirely. Free Tibet is a long lost cause, Stop Treating Tibet Like poo poo is reasonable though.

Didn't they bulldoze an almost impossibly cool looking holy city lately.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I doubted but then I lold.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SerCypher posted:

I don't understand why they have such tiny little caps. Half the time they split in half when I try to close the bottle.

I guess they're just meant for a single night binge drinking guanxi session.

That is literally the point. The family I got these from will not leave till a bottle is empty making the sweet spot for having a meal with them 4-5 drinkers as any higher and a second bottle comes out

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Once a year on average some Hong kongers die from a long distance cycling trip in Taiwan.

They either fall from going down a hill too fast or get run over by a truck

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

caberham posted:

Once a year on average some Hong kongers die from a long distance cycling trip in Taiwan.

They either fall from going down a hill too fast or get run over by a truck

I would guess the water gets them first.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Didn't they bulldoze an almost impossibly cool looking holy city lately.

Yep, here in the Tibetan part of Sichuan. It's still being destroyed and remade so travel there is restricted. Always wanted to go and never had the chance. It was the largest religious complex in the world.

Vilgefartz
Apr 29, 2013

Good ideas 4 free
Fun Shoe

LimburgLimbo posted:

Nah Taiwan is good for cycling. I cycle every day for commute during busy periods and it’s not bad, in the city you’re always with a gaggle of scooters so cars aren’t gonna gently caress with you unless they plow through 5 scooters at the same time. Also in a month I’ve yet to see a car ever try to beat a scooter or cycle into a turn or anything, they always give way.

There’s also lots of fully spandexed long distance cyclists around and it’s indeed quite the cycling destination.

Im in Taiwan rn and i can't believe cyclists exist here. Cycling seems crazy dangerous in Australia, i think because lots of people loving hate cyclists because they make you slow down occasionly. Actually now it makes sense, because Taiwanese drivers arent constantly offended about something or other.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

ROFLburger posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about?

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Bip Roberts posted:

I would guess the water gets them first.

:hai:

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Vilgefartz posted:

Im in Taiwan rn and i can't believe cyclists exist here. Cycling seems crazy dangerous in Australia, i think because lots of people loving hate cyclists because they make you slow down occasionly. Actually now it makes sense, because Taiwanese drivers arent constantly offended about something or other.

I’d honesly bet for all the bad drivers in Taiwan it’s probably safer than many other places, at least in the cities, because people are constantly looking for and used to scooters etc.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I would guesstimate that, yeah, it's less safe than Australia but still safer than a lot of other places.

The thing that does scare me is that as of (I think) a few years ago Taiwanese driver's licenses don't expire. My girlfriend has one despite literally only having driven a car for the test and then never again.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Grand Fromage posted:

Yep, here in the Tibetan part of Sichuan. It's still being destroyed and remade so travel there is restricted. Always wanted to go and never had the chance. It was the largest religious complex in the world.

thats not a name but yeah, probably that one

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

kenner116 posted:

This is the official Taiwan thread now. 台灣民國萬歲!
I've only met a few people from Taiwan and all were lacking the most basic logic, as well as insane levels of dependence on TCM superstitions. It was impossible to talk to them as adults. My sample size is extremely limited, but that's enough for me to write all Taiwanese off as retarded and better to avoid than contact. That's my Taiwan story.

nickmeister posted:

But they do this in the Mainland too. The rule is you must pass in front of someone, whether you're on foot or wheeled.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Sorry didn't know you were looking for the name. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larung_Gar

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Milo and POTUS posted:

Here you go.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-36863888

Vilgefartz
Apr 29, 2013

Good ideas 4 free
Fun Shoe

LimburgLimbo posted:

I’d honesly bet for all the bad drivers in Taiwan it’s probably safer than many other places, at least in the cities, because people are constantly looking for and used to scooters etc.

Taiwan drivers make me feel more safe and less safe at the same time.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
my bro spent a year working in taiwan and when he found out that i drink room temperature water he's like "dude i didn't know you were so into chinese culture! taiwan is all about that!"

and i was like "no man i'm just too lazy to put my water in the fridge"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Grand Fromage posted:

Sorry didn't know you were looking for the name. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larung_Gar

'scool

• Locked thread