Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

If Slott's run will be remembered for something besides being way to loving long, it'll be his use of Otto.

My dad never read comics, but he loved the 60's Spider-Man cartoon, and when we think of "Spider-Man villain" we think of Spidey dodging Doc Ock's tentacles. I'll buy the first issue regardless of who's on it.

Greg Land and John Bryne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Byrne already did Spiderman and really enjoys pointing out that the first issue of Chapter One was a huge seller.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Kind of enjoying Exiles, but I'm not sure having Kamala Khan dying in a suicide bombing is very good optics Marvel.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Unkempt posted:

Kind of enjoying Exiles, but I'm not sure having Kamala Khan dying in a suicide bombing is very good optics Marvel.

To be fair, I just viewed it as generic action movie self-sacrifise and didn't see that angle till you said it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

Greg Land and John Bryne.

Can't wait to see all the o faces Ock will have.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I picked up X-23 after enjoying the writer's Hulk series and liking what I'd heard of Gabby. Gabby definitely delivered this issue, but I'm not sure I know enough about Laura and the Cuckoos to really appreciate the opening plot. I'll give it another issue or two though. Going to hit up All New Wolverine on Marvel Unlimited for more Gabby though.

Exiles opening arc felt really rushed, and relied a little to much on the team being shuffled through dimensions without much space to explore the characters or the settings. As a result, the death wasn't that effective for me. I'll give it another issue to see where it's going next, but may drop it if it doesn't hook me again.

Squirrel Girl was great as usual. As disappointing as Kraven's inevitable return to villainy is, I'm happy North is getting to handle the story.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

The art in Exiles is absolutely lovely, but the characters feel very shallow. There's no room to breathe, and plot-wise it sort of feels like they were railroaded through a series of events rather than actually acting on their own initiative.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Unkempt posted:

Lol you're really reaching here

I definitely agree with everyone saying the arc has some major pacing issues tho

Was this issue the first time it was mentioned kamala had ended up marrying Bruno?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

site posted:

Was this issue the first time it was mentioned kamala had ended up marrying Bruno?

My OTP.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

site posted:

I feel like it was mentioned in dialogue earlier in the arc, possibly when she gave a big speech about losing family but I also may well have just inserted the specific name in my head when it was only implied.

And yeah, I think Ahmed is still adjusting a bit to writing comics (and team comics are always trickier than solo books like Black Bolt), but I wish Javier Rodriguez would get as much high profile work as he wants.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

also since im guessing no one else is reading it, zemo is attempting to break out nazicap in this issue, we'll see how that plays out

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Unkempt posted:

I hear you, but I think a dude named Saladin Ahmed is aware of those optics.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

also since im guessing no one else is reading it, zemo is attempting to break out nazicap in this issue, we'll see how that plays out

I've thought from the minute Secret Empire ended and he was still alive that Hydra Steve would eventually be the new Red Skull. That's just where I feel it will naturally lead to.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

I've thought from the minute Secret Empire ended and he was still alive that Hydra Steve would eventually be the new Red Skull. That's just where I feel it will naturally lead to.

Wouldn't be the first (or even second I think) time the Red Skull was a clone of Steve Rogers (clone might not be the right word, but whatever).

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

site posted:

How Frank Castle is still alive and breathing after Secret Empire is mind boggling.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The current arc is an "atoning for sins thing" which is why Natasha and Bucky are helping him out and it involves Hydra

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jiro posted:

How Frank Castle is still alive and breathing after Secret Empire is mind boggling.

Well he's been using the War Machine armor and nobody's really been able to get him. They have tried though.The few times he's been confronted about it he hasn't really seemed to care. When Captain Marvel and Daredevil gave him poo poo about it he just basically told them to gently caress off and managed to barely squeak by and escape.

I have yet to read this week's issue yet.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
I'm really, really hoping this Infinity event can do for Dark Hawk what Annihilation did for Nova. I really liked the journey Nova went through of "C-tier Earth hero who becomes an S-rank space hero". The issues where Nova returns to Earth after Annihilation and finds out the heroes were too busy fighting each other to even know just how close the galaxy came to ending are some of my favorite.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
shoutout to whoever it was that predicted she-hulk as squirrel girls lawyer

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's only two lawyers in the Marvel U and one is currently a prosecutor.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Jennifer and Foggy?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Jennifer and Foggy?

Matt Murdock is a lawyer. Or are you talking about him being the mayor now? I think that's the status quo? I don't read Daredevil.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Endless Mike posted:

now theres three cuz ryan created a new one and even gave her a name

e:

e2
https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status/1017868637816934410

site fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 14, 2018

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

set what right? are people still acting like cyclops was the bad guy in death of x

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...That footnote joke physically hurt me.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gaz-L posted:

...That footnote joke physically hurt me.

same, had to share the pain

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Cylcops was the bad guy way before Death of X. I'd say even before AvX. Adult Cyclops sucked.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Cyclops unlocks his new power: shooting lasers out of his peen.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

JordanKai posted:

"Only my ruby-quartz condoms can contain my climactic blasts!"

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Endless Mike posted:

OBJECTION! http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Janice_Lincoln_(Earth-616)

+ the others people have mentioned + are Landau, Luckman and Lake still a thing at all?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Metalshark posted:

OBJECTION! http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Janice_Lincoln_(Earth-616)

+ the others people have mentioned + are Landau, Luckman and Lake still a thing at all?

Technically the random bystanders in one of Jen's bigger law firms would count as well.

And Dr Doom probably has a law degree, because he can kinda do everything.
You just know that, if it ever came to that he'd insist to defending himself. And when that time comes, he needs those degrees to assure that he's better than everyone else.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 14, 2018

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Technically the random bystanders in one of Jen's bigger law firms would count as well.

And Dr Doom probably has a law degree, because he can kinda do everything.
You just know that, if it ever came to that he'd insist to defending himself. And when that time comes, he needs those degrees to assure that he's better than everyone else.

Well we all know if he was defending himself then somehow Reed would be wrangled into being prosecutor just so we could keep establishing the known and irrefutable fact that Reed is superior at everything.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Doom definitely doesn't have a law degree because if he did you know he'd insist on being called Dr. Doom Esquire.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Please come back, Scott!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Doom definitely doesn't have a law degree because if he did you know he'd insist on being called Dr. Doom Esquire.

He has a doctorate in Law from the University of Doomstadt.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

X-O posted:

Well we all know if he was defending himself then somehow Reed would be wrangled into being prosecutor just so we could keep establishing the known and irrefutable fact that Reed is superior at everything.

did reed act as his own council in the trial of reed richards arc

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

did reed act as his own council in the trial of reed richards arc

I mean, he plead guilty and argued his own case, but it wasn't a standard trial setup.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

JordanKai posted:

For a guy named Cyclops it's a long time coming.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The "putting it right" things is clearly about how his death was a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

The "putting it right" things is clearly about how his death was a mistake.

Narrator: "It wasn't"