Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Lawlicaust posted:

Man, the Azmo rework feels like it should be cool. Lots of neat new talents and the questions changing globe in different ways is interesting in theory. The execution is a loving wet fart. Too slow, too little damage and awful ults. Wrath/Bombardment can feel really good in a teamfight if you have enough peel and they don't kick the poo poo out of you but that's a real edge case.

Azmodan would have been a great rework if they had given him an ult and trait. They straight up nerfed both ults and his trait into the ground. His laser is more useful in a non-laser build, and he has some great new talents, but a character with only 3 abilities is not going to be fun to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

fool_of_sound posted:

*sweeps hands across landscape* “this.... is jimmy”

:discourse:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Cool my random crashes are back and now I知 in the leaver queue.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Guys I just got Probius against 4 melee + Tyrande in Brawl

gently caress, you guys

gently caress

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

moush posted:

Azmodan would have been a great rework if they had given him an ult and trait. They straight up nerfed both ults and his trait into the ground. His laser is more useful in a non-laser build, and he has some great new talents, but a character with only 3 abilities is not going to be fun to play.

His new black pool is the most boring possible option they could have come up with.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

BrianBoitano posted:

Guys I just got Probius against 4 melee + Tyrande in Brawl

gently caress, you guys

gently caress

The most fun I had in brawl was trying to bodyblock my side's gate with probius' warp-ins

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

The most fun I had in brawl was trying to bodyblock my side's gate with probius' warp-ins

Playing him in brawl really made him click. He's a lane bully who also does well in team fights, and now there's an extra ban so it's fairly easy to ban both tracer and genji before you last pick him. Hotslogs says the only heroes I should be worried about, that get picked with any frequency, are Yrel and Valla, and it says Probius is much favored against genji and tracer. Doesn't match up with what I remember from back in the day but good to know.

I'm now 2 wins 0 losses in team league with nothing but my new favorite little shitter. Don't wait up for me, ma. I may be out late tonight :getin:

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Starting to o play again.
Bought the whole drat Warchrome pack.

Also my last game was QM with me as Blaze with 0 healers vs a team with Uther Rhegar. Somehow we won.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

BrianBoitano posted:

Playing him in brawl really made him click. He's a lane bully who also does well in team fights, and now there's an extra ban so it's fairly easy to ban both tracer and genji before you last pick him. Hotslogs says the only heroes I should be worried about, that get picked with any frequency, are Yrel and Valla, and it says Probius is much favored against genji and tracer. Doesn't match up with what I remember from back in the day but good to know.

I'm now 2 wins 0 losses in team league with nothing but my new favorite little shitter. Don't wait up for me, ma. I may be out late tonight :getin:

It was the first and only game I played with him to this point, I didn't have any time to look up what to do. He's so unintuitive and clunky, I eventually just started lining up pylons and cannons

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

The best part about ARAM brawls is that when our Hanzo yells "let the dragon consume you", the people on the other team actually do

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

God the level 20 Banshee is so disgusting.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

It was the first and only game I played with him to this point, I didn't have any time to look up what to do. He's so unintuitive and clunky, I eventually just started lining up pylons and cannons

This video is very good for only 3 minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SGaOJD3a4o

Things I'd add:
  • Two warp rifts can be lined up to overlap. Hitting two warp rifts deals more damage than a Chromie Dragon's Breath -- 8.75% more at lvl 1, 19.7% at lvl 10, 31.6% more at lvl 20 due to 5% scaling instead of 4%
  • The above value is not even counting if your Q hits
  • With talents it's even more -- Chromie can quest hers up 200, Probius can quest his up 100 each (200 in a perfect combo) and gain an additional charge, which can keep up with even Dragon's Eye for burst
  • Like Chromie, Probius is squishy but can zone like a champ. While a 25% slow isn't the same as ~time stop~, it'll let you get away from many heroes. Just like the video author says you should have one defensive pylon and one offensive pylon, I like to have one offensive warp rift and hold my 2nd charge. If my enemy gets close to the other one, I'll use my held charge to threaten a double hit. If my enemy goes for me instead, I'll drop it right behind me and run that direction. If they chase, free slow + hit. Kinda position it like Zombie Wall, but a little further back.
  • Warp rifts in bushes aren't visible to enemies. As long as the very center is in a bush, they can't see even if the edge of the rift looks visible. A Probius ambush is a very powerful thing vs. most of the cast.
  • I like shields at lvl 4. Lets you be aggro and win trades much more.
  • I like slow lingers at lvl 16.
  • At lvl 20, your goal is to bait enemies into a field of 3 pylons. Be careful with you first 2 placement, so they're hidden in bushes or otherwise safe from incidentally being killed before you can land your 3rd. Their range is insane, so if your enemy gets in the middle of them they usually die running.
  • edit: also any time after you finish your W quest, you can have 2 offensive warp rifts and hold your 3rd for escapes. Either put both offensive warp rifts on choke points or spread them out to funnel your enemies.

Remember, enemy health globes are the biggest bait in the game aside from 20% hp Murky. Any skillshot hero should be able to either deny globes or get free hits, and Probius is no exception.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jul 13, 2018

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I played probius in a brawl and kind of liked it too, playstyle seemed pretty intuitive just line stuff up then shoot at it. Maybe I'll try to learn more with that video.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Having lost 7 of the 8 placements so far, with only two being arguably my fault then losing 4 awful QM's in a row almost made me uninstall for good last night.

3 years and I was ready to say "gently caress this garbo I'm out."

I just don't have poo poo to play unless I resub WoW in a month. Though I hated the last expansion so who knows.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The only game mode that matters has been fixed:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1017845167808659456

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Yeah QM back to normal. Now I just got normally steam rolled instead of insanely steamrolled. :smithicide: Though ETC, Yrel, Aba, Deckard, Butcher vs. Stitches Kharazim, Genji, Naz, Guldan still seems slightly iffy. :( Doesn't help that I am a complete Stitches noob.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Those seem pretty even except comp 1 has better sustain and butcher aba. Not surprised it could be a steamroll tho.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
so i heard they nerfed the poo poo out of azmodan c/d

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I thought he got stronger but his win rate went down to 42 in the first 24 hours after the patch. It's at 46 now so jury's still out but I think he's much better than he was.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Relin posted:

I've played him a bit in QM. I don't think he's had the poo poo nerfed out of him, but that you have to be stacking with tfb in every game is a big change.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
From what I've heard he's not nerfed, but he's much more one-dimentional. I can't comment since I haven't played him in years.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Relin posted:

They completely hosed up any previous playstyle he had - Siege Machine and Laser Crab are no longer viable (or even possible). New Azmodan is a long to mid range bruiser and he's great at bullying lanes, but he's also undertuned (and underdesigned). For example, there's literally no reason to ever take anything but Wrath/Battleborn/Bombardment for 1/4/7.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

They nerfed his health quite a bit. Not sure he's a bruiser any more.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Greed and Gluttony both have higher winrates than wrath so far (and higher pickrates). Not saying that this means wrath isn't the best one but it's not nearly so cut and dry yet. Hellforged armor seems like the better pick if you're not going wrath (on and on, the build difference diverge from there).

Also let's be fair his HP went from somewhere between Johanna and Muradin to somewhere between Dehaka and Tyrael. Still substantially higher than any non-warrior.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 14, 2018

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

so every raynor i see takes his level 1 quest but i just went Super Mercing Raynor and ended up with seven camp captures in a fifteen minute Towers of Doom game. i had their first fort down before the second altar phase.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

BrianBoitano posted:

They nerfed his health quite a bit. Not sure he's a bruiser any more.

He's still fat enough. He doesn't have more health than Arthas like he used to, but he's still got more health than Dehaka and Sonya. This is especially poignant considering how bursty is damage is instead of sustained damage like most bruisers.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Kith posted:

This is especially poignant considering how bursty is damage is instead of sustained damage like most bruisers.

I know you mean pertinent but I知 imagining you getting really teared up at his damage potential

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Dire Human posted:

I know you mean pertinent but I知 imagining you getting really teared up at his damage potential

Let it be known that sometimes I mix up words and sound like an idiot.

Or maybe I'm just actually an idiot, it is a mystery.

(thank you for correcting me)

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Kith posted:

Let it be known that sometimes I mix up words and sound like an idiot.

Or maybe I'm just actually an idiot, it is a mystery.

(thank you for correcting me)

(wipes away your tears) you池e welcome

In any case I lost track of the rotation, is it an Overwatch or Starcraft hero next? I知 banking on Zenyatta for some anti-dive but I知 always a slut for Starcraft

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Dire Human posted:

(wipes away your tears) you池e welcome

In any case I lost track of the rotation, is it an Overwatch or Starcraft hero next? I知 banking on Zenyatta for some anti-dive but I知 always a slut for Starcraft

I think 2018 went Blaze, Maiev, Fenix, Deckard, Yrel. Careful examination shows very little Overwatch on that list.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
They should add an overwatch hero i don't hate, imo.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Who would you add?

I would add reinhardt or winston probably

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

Who would you add?

I have no idea, I don't play Overwatch. I just really can't stand playing as any of the existing Overwatch characters for a variety of reasons.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Finally got the goldbucks to buy Yrel. I'm glad I missed her somewhat disappointing release state, because this is loving hilarious. What is this hero?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Ignite Memories posted:

Who would you add?

Reinhart or Bastion. They added multiple tanks recently though, so I doubt Reinhardt or Winston any time soon. Pharah might be neat if you keep her ult from being auto-win in team fights.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
The only way to properly translate Pharah's ult is if it gave her -50 armor.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
How about Moira? The orbs as skillshots and ult like Disintegrate except it also heals and has infinite range. :devil:

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

Wolfy posted:

Finally got the goldbucks to buy Yrel. I'm glad I missed her somewhat disappointing release state, because this is loving hilarious. What is this hero?

120+ games later and I'm still wholely unconvinced that Yrel needed any of those buffs

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
I'm coming up on 2k gold and have a small pile (700) of gems. I'm looking at buying Blaze with gems while he's on sale, does anyone think this is a bad idea? He seems pretty well rounded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

I'm coming up on 2k gold and have a small pile (700) of gems. I'm looking at buying Blaze with gems while he's on sale, does anyone think this is a bad idea? He seems pretty well rounded.

He seems like a solid character. Watching streams, he seems to do decently everywhere from Plat to GM in HL/TL.