Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Pollyanna posted:

Did Serval’s loving heart get ripped out?

I think she's holding a japari bun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Command Ant posted:

I think she's holding a japari bun.

and is mid-chew

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I don't know my characters, is that King from Tekken?

sugoi! you must be a friend who is good at piledrivers!

e: oh golly gee whiz 18+ on that clickthru

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 13:17 on May 30, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That's the guy who inspired Tekken's King and every other wrestler with an animal mask in Japanese media for the last 30 years, Tiger Mask.

Depicted as he is shown on his latest anime series.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dinosaur Satan
Oct 27, 2005

Helen, I'll love you always.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/930tanaka/status/1011005802604158976

Kadokawa totally killed any momentum this series had, didn't they?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Kadokawa totally killed any momentum this series had, didn't they?

Pretty much. But it would've been a hard act to follow. Part of the joy of it was watching what looked to be a shoddy production of a generic mobile game turn into so much more; there's no way they could replicate that now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/kachoufuugetu4/status/1012647749232181253

Grape :unsmith:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Agronox posted:

Pretty much. But it would've been a hard act to follow. Part of the joy of it was watching what looked to be a shoddy production of a generic mobile game turn into so much more; there's no way they could replicate that now.

Remind me again what caused it all to collapse? Typical "oust the original staffers to make something more mainstream" poo poo?

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Pollyanna posted:

Remind me again what caused it all to collapse? Typical "oust the original staffers to make something more mainstream" poo poo?

Yeah, that. Somebody at Kadokawa kicked the original production team off from the planned second season. If I remember right, some of the voice actors quit in protest after that.

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009
They also decided to not use Mine's character designs as well. Not sure if it's because Mine voiced his displease to the firings(or if he say anything at all), or the company just decided to just say screw it and start anew.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Since we're posting again, any idea when vol2 of the manga will be released? I havent read it online, so I'm waiting for both volumes to be released and then buy them together.

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 14, 2018

Emergency Mittens
Mar 20, 2010

esselfortium posted:

Yeah, that. Somebody at Kadokawa kicked the original production team off from the planned second season. If I remember right, some of the voice actors quit in protest after that.
The second season wasn't just planned, it had already been in development for months. No VAs have quit.

Stumbling Block posted:

They also decided to not use Mine's character designs as well. Not sure if it's because Mine voiced his displease to the firings(or if he say anything at all), or the company just decided to just say screw it and start anew.
What are they using then?

By all accounts Mine is the one with the final say on Kemono Friends. As for the implications of that...

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Mine's the one that pushed the board to get Tatsuki fired. That's why Tatsuki blocked him on twitter.

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009

fa-GYO posted:

Mine's the one that pushed the board to get Tatsuki fired. That's why Tatsuki blocked him on twitter.

What? Really? This was months ago but when the firing happened among the news that came out was that the company reported to be starting the production for the 2nd season from scratch after the entire animation team quit, and completely use another VA production company as well. Don't actually remember hearing much else except someone said they were going to use another character designs as well.

Can you clear up what has happened since then? Why would Mine push for the firing since if it wasn't for Tatsuki, Kemono was going to disappear into the memory hole after the failed mobile game.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Stumbling Block posted:

What? Really? This was months ago but when the firing happened among the news that came out was that the company reported to be starting the production for the 2nd season from scratch after the entire animation team quit, and completely use another VA production company as well. Don't actually remember hearing much else except someone said they were going to use another character designs as well.

Can you clear up what has happened since then? Why would Mine push for the firing since if it wasn't for Tatsuki, Kemono was going to disappear into the memory hole after the failed mobile game.

Mine being responsible is speculation based on available evidence; I'm not aware of any actual confirmation. The official reason for taking Tatsuki and Yaoyorozu off the project was "using project assets without permission" for making the 12.1 short with the official character models, songs, and VAs.

Emergency Mittens
Mar 20, 2010

TasogareNoKagi posted:

The official reason for taking Tatsuki and Yaoyorozu off the project was "using project assets without permission" for making the 12.1 short with the official character models, songs, and VAs.
That isn't the official reason either, just more speculation.

Officially, it's still "Yaoyorozu couldn't agree to the production committee's demands and resigned."
Kadokawa CEO's statement at the recent stockholders' meeting
Initial statement from the production committee

Yaoyorozu's producer says the decision wasn't made by them and that he wasn't sure what the problem was in the first place.
He also explicitly denies the allegations in the official statement applying to 12.1.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

fa-GYO posted:

That's incorrect; the only source of that info was a bullshit article that simultaneously complained about how the whole thing was hurting shareholders. Someone basically wanted to throw Mine under the bus (guess who).

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/anitv_pr/status/1019507180255375360?s=21

An OVA?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Original Short on TV Tokyo.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

It's not gonna be the same...

I'll only watch it for the VAs who are being held hostage by Kadokawa. :smith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/ShunyaYamashita/status/1024274195629260800

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEe7tIET-W8

Beyond my ability to keep up with the chatter but isn't that warm lovely and full of character? It's got me more intrigued than most currently airing anime.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
https://twitter.com/scy_005/status/1028509494769152002

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEe7tIET-W8

Beyond my ability to keep up with the chatter but isn't that warm lovely and full of character? It's got me more intrigued than most currently airing anime.

Oh My.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lurking Haro posted:

Original Short on TV Tokyo.

Oh dear. :(

https://twitter.com/VF5SS/status/1032409206895378433

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

My friend is trying to get me to watch it.

Its....................................
not good.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

it doesn't look good

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Also that's Mirai right?

She's basically a pervert and it's very jarring to experience that adjacent to kemono friends.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
No way could a pervert be the mother of perfect being Kaban chan.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Humans suck, Kaban chan is simply the ideal version of one therefore she is the only perfect one.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
https://twitter.com/tokerunodesu/status/1034356276271054849

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Can we have an OAV about this instead of whatever injection molded thing Kadokawa is making?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The responses from the author on that thing are outstanding.

"Artificial Arm-chan is a friend who's good at assassination!"

and

"thanoshii"

are tops.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb94vH0VAek

Welp goodbye

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I had 0 expectations anyway.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

This is not sugoi.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I mean this doesn't tell us much other than they're keeping the 3D art style. At least from this tiny trailer I agree it doesn't have the same charm as Tatsuki's work so far, but it also doesn't seem bad, so the other important parts are if the voice cast is coming back and they find someone who can direct/write as well as Tatsuki/Yaoyorozu could. I still think there's the possibility for it to be enjoyable.

I'm definitely withholding judgement until we see more. I also want to find out who's actually doing the work on the season. If it's another independent company or at least a known studio and not some internal Kadokawa poo poo, I'm not sure that it's fair to judge them for Kadokawa's fuckup. Especially considering what they have to try and live up to. This goes for the voice cast as well, they contributed just as much to making the show so wonderful so if they're sticking around I really don't think their hard work should be dismissed.

We'll see what happens, I guess. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

cathead posted:

I mean this doesn't tell us much other than they're keeping the 3D art style. At least from this tiny trailer I agree it doesn't have the same charm as Tatsuki's work so far, but it also doesn't seem bad, so the other important parts are if the voice cast is coming back and they find someone who can direct/write as well as Tatsuki/Yaoyorozu could. I still think there's the possibility for it to be enjoyable.

I'm definitely withholding judgement until we see more. I also want to find out who's actually doing the work on the season. If it's another independent company or at least a known studio and not some internal Kadokawa poo poo, I'm not sure that it's fair to judge them for Kadokawa's fuckup. Especially considering what they have to try and live up to. This goes for the voice cast as well, they contributed just as much to making the show so wonderful so if they're sticking around I really don't think their hard work should be dismissed.

We'll see what happens, I guess. :shrug:

The new stage play has the same actresses, but they also announced auditions for a new unit. Maybe the new series will feature mainly new characters.