Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Burkion posted:

That's

A really good looking Prime

What's the catch here

Maybe it'll be entirely hollow on the backside like the last one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Those look pretty neat, but I feel like nothing will ever be as cool as Titans Return

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
So I haven't been paying attention. Did they mention the price for voyagers and deluxes are going up? Looks like $30 and $20 in that article..

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Buy the same characters from 1985 again but this time their car and truck modes have more bumps and holes because they're from space

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I'm looking forward to more varied transformation schemes than Prime Wars gave us.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Good Listener posted:

So I haven't been paying attention. Did they mention the price for voyagers and deluxes are going up? Looks like $30 and $20 in that article..

I recall this happening when TR launched.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Buy the same characters from 1985 again but this time their car and truck modes have more bumps and holes because they're from space

That’s how you know it’s from the 1980s!

Also: Shatter = Fracture = Crasher?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Like the reason why I really like that Optimus is that it looks like an updated, upgraded Classics Voyager Prime.

Who I have an extreme bias for, being my first Transformer I bought myself and the only one I still have. So I'm just hoping it's half as good as that fella was, on his own terms.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Looks like Repugnus is gone from Amazon, even though my order still shows up.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Nodosaur posted:

Retailers have more to do with how distribution works.

Yeah, I guess.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
https://twitter.com/toygrind/status/1017900157034262528

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Technowolf posted:

Looks like Repugnus is gone from Amazon, even though my order still shows up.

Aw. I snoozed, and thus have lost.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

The alt modes are kind of... Okay? They're not really Cybertronish.

Maybe instead of being the original war on Cybertron it's going to be about the one that occurred between G1 Season 2 and The Movie

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There's a lot of people complaining about him but

He looks good? Truck mode is a bit odd but this legit looks like the best Optimus Prime voyager figure since...well Classics. No gimmick, no missing paint, it doesn't seem to be made of swiss cheese. The last few Optimi we've gotten in non animated series lines have had middling gimmicks to weigh them down, or were literally not that character and so only sort of worked

I don't know maybe this one is secretly racist like that one Jazz.

There just seem to be a lot of negativity about the poor guy when he looks like a good drat Transformer toy.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In before complaining about the fake grill abs.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That Prime looks... prime.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

The MSJ posted:

In before complaining about the fake grill abs.

It was literally the first thing I noticed.

Sideswipe looks ok if a bit hollow. Kind of an underwhelming reveal.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Burkion posted:

There just seem to be a lot of negativity about the poor guy when he looks like a good drat Transformer toy.

The base figure looks great. I'd just love to see Takara get their hands on it and get rid of that half-rear end weathering.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Xenomrph posted:

I saw the words "War for Cybertron" and got excited because that video game ruled, but I'm guessing this is different from that (and more importantly, we're not getting another game in the series)?

If there's a game it'll be mobile. Or maybe more remasters of WfC and FoC. I doubt we'll ever see a full-fledged PC/console TF game again.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

http://ew.com/movies/2018/07/13/bumblebee-decepticon-trackers-first-look/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Two new Decepticons for the Bumblebee movie: Shatter and Dropkick.

Shatter is the red Plymouth Satellite and voiced by Angela Basset. Dropkick is the blue Javelin and voiced by Justin Theroux.

Both of them also has jet parts.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TaurusOxford posted:

The base figure looks great. I'd just love to see Takara get their hands on it and get rid of that half-rear end weathering.

I'm not holding my breath on what the weathering will turn out for the mass release version

That could get even spottier

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The MSJ posted:

Both of them also has jet parts.

I wonder if together they make one jet?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's another Optimus, of which there have been like a hundred by this point. The upper headlights are a little weird, but I could swear I've seem the, somewhere before.

So are they done with the gimmicks now? Is generations just going to be catching the few (probably just G1) characters they haven't done justice? Combiner Wars/Titans Return/Power of the Primes had some issues with sameness, but the weird gimmicks prompted them to go off and do some weird engineering, I'm a little sad to see that go so that now there's the non-challenge of improving on 80s engineering.

Because in my heart I don't so much care about the original characters of yore as I do about the cool engineering they could do now, but I still prefer Generations's aesthetic to the other lines going on right now.

edit: I do dig the whole axe collapsing into a shield though

SlothfulCobra fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 14, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's no way they don;t slip a combiner or a headmaster into this line somewhere. There's tons of spacey/futury alt modes from the last few lines that could easily be retooled/repainted into new bots.

Edit: This does loads for Predaking but at $50 it's probably gonna be a pass for me

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 14, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's a pretty sweet upgrade kit, yeah. If it came with something to give his midsection a bit more substance, it's be perfect.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

The_Doctor posted:

I wonder if together they make one jet?

The red one is definitely a Harrier jump jet (look at the engine nozzles in the knees and the intakes behind the shoulders). The blue one is probably a helicopter, you can kinda see what looks like rotors on its back. The cockpit on his chest is hard to see, maybe it's a Cobra?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Rhyno posted:

There's no way they don;t slip a combiner or a headmaster into this line somewhere. There's tons of spacey/futury alt modes from the last few lines that could easily be retooled/repainted into new bots.

Edit: This does loads for Predaking but at $50 it's probably gonna be a pass for me

I think I’ll buy it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Sexual Shiite posted:

I think I’ll buy it.

If it had torso fillers I'd be down.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Transformer killed in tragic dick sucking accident.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

poo poo, I might just get it and make my own torso fillers. Those hands are really good and the sword is great too, gonna wait on a review first though.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

HiriseSoftware posted:

The red one is definitely a Harrier jump jet (look at the engine nozzles in the knees and the intakes behind the shoulders). The blue one is probably a helicopter, you can kinda see what looks like rotors on its back. The cockpit on his chest is hard to see, maybe it's a Cobra?

They're both supposed to be muscle cars according to that article. The blue one has car door wings.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Honestly, the hands and sword would have me, as I’m pretty sure the things needed for the wing change are beyond my skill.

Edit: because I can’t remember how the wings attach to the torso piece.

What does the sword do when predaking splits apart? Hammer, 4 smaller swords, and something else with the crosspiece?

Anil Dikshit fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jul 14, 2018

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

HiriseSoftware posted:

A bit of a stretch that it's a Harrier TBH, the angles are off. Maybe the robot mode just evokes the style rather than being all :goonsay: about it like I am though.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I think the Siege of Cybertron figures look about as good as I could hope for Cybertronian-based figures, since I normally prefer realistic alt-modes. No blatant hollow limbs, at least not from those angles. The only thing I don't like is the spotty "weathering", but like someone else said I'll wait until we see the physical figures before I fully judge that.

On a completely different topic, I bought Grotusque from Amazon so I can have the complete Monsterbot team, does anyone want the Scorponok headmaster it comes with?

I also hadn't realized until getting it in hand Grotusque's headmaster is this guy: http://www.toyarchive.com/BattleBeasts/Figures/50SSTiger1a.jpg Pretty cool.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Knormal posted:

I think the Siege of Cybertron figures look about as good as I could hope for Cybertronian-based figures, since I normally prefer realistic alt-modes. No blatant hollow limbs, at least not from those angles. The only thing I don't like is the spotty "weathering", but like someone else said I'll wait until we see the physical figures before I fully judge that.

On a completely different topic, I bought Grotusque from Amazon so I can have the complete Monsterbot team, does anyone want the Scorponok headmaster it comes with?

I also hadn't realized until getting it in hand Grotusque's headmaster is this guy: http://www.toyarchive.com/BattleBeasts/Figures/50SSTiger1a.jpg Pretty cool.

Makes sense considering Twinferno's was also a Battle Beast reference(and I believe Takara had that be the case for several other Titan Masters as well)

Would be nice to see those guys get to show up more in US Transformers fiction, off the top of my head their only appearances in US fiction have been in one of the old Transformer/GI Joe crossovers, and their homeworld Beast showing up in the map of the galaxy in the All-Spark Almanac

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Picked up a complete G1 Computron from a collectors market today, including instructions, weapons for all bots and sticker sheets. Looks like it was from a gift set as the instructions include all the smaller bots instructions as well as Scattershot and Computron. The figure is like brand new, but I don't see any references to this bot being reissued.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

drrockso20 posted:

Makes sense considering Twinferno's was also a Battle Beast reference(and I believe Takara had that be the case for several other Titan Masters as well)

Would be nice to see those guys get to show up more in US Transformers fiction, off the top of my head their only appearances in US fiction have been in one of the old Transformer/GI Joe crossovers, and their homeworld Beast showing up in the map of the galaxy in the All-Spark Almanac

No they showed up in the Dreamwave Summer Special when Megatron was hunting down the Predacons.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

pubic works project posted:

No they showed up in the Dreamwave Summer Special when Megatron was hunting down the Predacons.
I actually have that comic and totally do not remember that. I'll have to look at it again tonight.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

You Am I posted:

Picked up a complete G1 Computron from a collectors market today, including instructions, weapons for all bots and sticker sheets. Looks like it was from a gift set as the instructions include all the smaller bots instructions as well as Scattershot and Computron. The figure is like brand new, but I don't see any references to this bot being reissued.

There was at least one KO of the boxset, all the easy KO tells are on the boxes so the seller or someone who owned before they got their hands on it might have ditched it. Is there much in the way of flash/extra plastic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Other posted:

There was at least one KO of the boxset, all the easy KO tells are on the boxes so the seller or someone who owned before they got their hands on it might have ditched it. Is there much in the way of flash/extra plastic?

There's no boxes, they look alright, but I will give it a better check tomorrow