Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Nuebot posted:

Because warframe barely has a community in that sense, which is to say during gameplay you're not likely to ever see someone say anything. Everyone just rushes to the exit to get their Sisyphean torment over as soon as they can. The most toxic members of their community are the devs.

I was thinking a more mild version of this, in that, other than the peacock displays of one's Warframe (basically half of the reward of grinding), the game has almost no way of interacting with other players or positively or negatively affecting their experience. It reminds me a bit of Trackmania, where you appear to be racing other players, but you clip right through them. You're basically a ghost playing in a ghost plane with other ghosts. Near as I can tell, closest thing you can do to troll someone is stand near the exit of a level without stepping on the pad, and even then a brief timeout will sweep you away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Except bad Limbo players. His rift mechanic can make enemies invincible unless you know how his mechanics work.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

doctorfrog posted:

I was thinking a more mild version of this, in that, other than the peacock displays of one's Warframe (basically half of the reward of grinding), the game has almost no way of interacting with other players or positively or negatively affecting their experience. It reminds me a bit of Trackmania, where you appear to be racing other players, but you clip right through them. You're basically a ghost playing in a ghost plane with other ghosts. Near as I can tell, closest thing you can do to troll someone is stand near the exit of a level without stepping on the pad, and even then a brief timeout will sweep you away.

Back when Ogris was hot poo poo, jumping in front of people was fun. Also you used to be able to wreck people's day with Vauban. He was so buggy on release you could make people crash.

Just as an example of how his abilities would interact with things.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I take back all the bad stuff I’ve said so far about FC5. It took me forever cause I’m like level 1 but now I got a loving BEAR named CHEESBURGER who just goes on a loving murderous rampage if there’s cult guys around. Within a half hour of having him he killed so many dudes that I could afford baby’s first silencer so now I’m gonna own everything :unsmigghh:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Thin Privilege posted:

I take back all the bad stuff I’ve said so far about FC5. It took me forever cause I’m like level 1 but now I got a loving BEAR named CHEESBURGER who just goes on a loving murderous rampage if there’s cult guys around.

Lol, how random. Wacky game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cheeseburger is a traditional ethnic bear name you racist.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Aphrodite posted:

Cheeseburger is a traditional ethnic bear name you racist.

Hey now everyone that’s not a cult member that I encounter is like OMG ITS CHEESBURGER so I think I’m ok that end.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Thin Privilege posted:

I take back all the bad stuff I’ve said so far about FC5. It took me forever cause I’m like level 1 but now I got a loving BEAR named CHEESBURGER who just goes on a loving murderous rampage if there’s cult guys around. Within a half hour of having him he killed so many dudes that I could afford baby’s first silencer so now I’m gonna own everything :unsmigghh:

Just don't feed him real Cheeseburgers, since he's got the Diabetes.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Inzombiac posted:

I just finished Divinity: Original Sin.

Ending: You're fighting a dragon made of nothingness who is trying to delete existence. If you let your god friend die during the fight (which is kinda easy) the game "crashes" to DOS and failes to run "existence.exe".
What a stellar game. I'm so happy that I can jump right in to the sequel.

Hence the name!

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I've met seven bears named or called Cheeseburger, two of them the human type of bear.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I like how Boomer and Cheeseburger are local celebrities and all the allies and bad guys recognize them. Like one cultist who screamed “help me! Boomer’s killing me! :stonk:” as he ripped her throat out, like she knew him before joining the cult.

I thought it was kinda funny how nervous everybody is around Peaches the puma too. Even the main character pets her very slowly and cautiously.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Caufman posted:

I've met seven bears named or called Cheeseburger, two of them the human type of bear.

The ones that eat Pic-A-nic baskets? Just cause they wear ties around their necks doesn't make them human. Just smarter than the average bear.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I like how Boomer and Cheeseburger are local celebrities and all the allies and bad guys recognize them. Like one cultist who screamed “help me! Boomer’s killing me! :stonk:” as he ripped her throat out, like she knew him before joining the cult.

I thought it was kinda funny how nervous everybody is around Peaches the puma too. Even the main character pets her very slowly and cautiously.

That’s the next buddy I’m going to get. gently caress humans. It’s gonna be me, and a combination of dog/bear/puma depending on situation.

E: wtf is “going nana” get?!!?! Goddamn you iphone ifs supposed to be “going TO abet <—— wtf is that?! I’ve been having trouble with autocorrect in general but Jesus. Anyways “going TO GET “ is what I meant.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 09:53 on Jul 14, 2018

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The quest complete screen in monster hunter games is a screen of the frame the quest ended.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

That’s the next buddy I’m going nana get. gently caress humans. It’s gonna be me, and a combination of dog/bear/puma depending on situation.

Yeah, gently caress the humans.

Thank goodness Hurk isn't human.

MrJacobs posted:

The ones that eat Pic-A-nic baskets? Just cause they wear ties around their necks doesn't make them human. Just smarter than the average bear.

:hmmyes:

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I really like how Super Robot Wars X makes the player feel powerful. I'm only just past half way through, but recently two things happened that made me feel a lot more powerful than I actually am at the moment: I unlocked a secret stage right after getting a couple of the game's most powerful units, in which it was the aforementioned units with their power boosted to the max versus around a dozen former boss enemies with their health lowered to mook levels. I know it was just because of the health being lowered, but there was something unbelievably satisfying about just one-shoting these former bosses.

The other thing that's cool is that the game introduced a new part that does something unique: it increases a unit's best attack to a certain power level unless they've already passed that level. Pretty much all main character units can give it a pass, as it would be almost useless on the weaker ones, or completely so on the stronger ones, but it gives a new lease on life to any of the low power, high personality characters, who's finishers tend to be fairly spammable as well. Gives me a gameplay reason to bring the little tank along to battlefields that are shared with Gods and superweapons.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

I've been playing Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed and the announcer is hilarious. He pronounces certain characters voice differently each time you pick them. For Ulala, he switches between "Ooh-la-la" and "You-la-la". He also does this for Danica Patrick: "Dan-ick-ka" and "Dan-eek-a". Really threw me off when I heard that one!

Also, if you go into sound options and turn the announcer down, he says "Shame on you! ... NOOOOOOO!" As you turn it down. If you turn it up, he says "I LOVE the sound of my own voice!!"

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

That game's character list is such a trip. Sonic, cool. Vyse, weird but ok. Wreck It Ralph, sure... Danica Patrick?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Nostradingus posted:

That game's character list is such a trip. Sonic, cool. Vyse, weird but ok. Wreck It Ralph, sure... Danica Patrick?

And then the upcoming semi-sequel has just Sonic characters. :(

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
At any point in Asscreed Origins you can press up on the D-Pad to switch to Senu, Bayek's eagle that can scout for enemies or resources around him and most of the time it immediately changes to her PoV in the air as if she were always flying around him. However, if you wait for a while on the ground, Bayek's idle animation will kick in, which is Senu flying down and perching on his arm; if you press up on the D-Pad when this is happening, he will extend his arm and she will take off from there, with you regaining control when she's up in the air.

It's a very little thing, but I enjoyed this attention to detail.

Nostradingus posted:

When I played it I thought Danica Patrick had a cool design and googled which Sega game she was from :blush:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Samuringa posted:

When I played it I thought Danica Patrick had a cool design and googled which Sega game she was from :blush:

Should...Should I ask?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Johnny Aztec posted:

Should...Should I ask?

She's from the obscure Sega game, Reality.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Johnny Aztec posted:

Should...Should I ask?

They didn't realize she is a real person.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I like that Football Manager's cover model is now a canonical Sonic character.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I don't know who the gently caress she is either.

I assumed by that posters response she was from grotesque hentai game or whatever.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Johnny Aztec posted:

I assumed by that posters response she was from grotesque hentai game or whatever.

She’s a professional race car driver and was also the face of GoDaddy.com for a number of years

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

She’s pretty famous to some people and there’s other people who don’t know who she is.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Johnny Aztec posted:

It just was embarrassing, like the time I heard Van Halen's Eruption and thought it was from Top Gear

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Kennel posted:

I like that Football Manager's cover model is now a canonical Sonic character.

Having him in a jelmet that obscured the top half of his face was probably the most clever idea in a game that was already surprisingly smartly-made.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I appreciate that Ubisoft imported their idea of "Mother Nature is batshit" from FarCry into Asscreed Origins. I saw a King Cobra, a Crocodile and an Eagle fighting each other. When I needed Hard Hides, I had the option of hunting either Hippos or Crocs for it, and both are assholes; luckily I found a swamp that had a group of each and they were not in good terms with each other. And sometimes they're around to help you when you're in trouble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05BWEQDIO9Q

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
In CS:GO they finally updated the interface and there's a model of either a terrorist or counter-terrorist on your main screen and you can equip him with your fancy painted guns. If you have a counter-terrorist on there, he keeps his finger off the trigger, but if you have a terrorist, it's right on there ready to fire.

Also if you give him the knife he does a trick with it.

https://gfycat.com/PoliteCornyDuiker

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

glad she is dead posted:

She's from the obscure Sega game, Daytona USA.

FTFY.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sorry, that's just a reflex of mine whenever someone mentions Daytona USA.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
Speaking of Daytona USA, I love all of the animations that play while the game is waiting for players;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcY5spw8RDo

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lobok posted:

RRRRROLLLING STAAAAAAAAARRRRRRT!

RRRRROLLLING STAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRT!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

for the longest time I thought this was what real tasers were like.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Urban Chaos Riot Response also had a tazer that set people on fire. That was an awesome game but it was also very, very post 9/11 and as a result had a cavalier attitude towards police brutality against terrorists that aged terribly :whitewater:

A little thing I did like about it was the way it went out of its way to glorify other emergency services too. The gang you're fighting is called "The Burners" and naturally their MO is to torch buildings and biff molotovs at everyone. Rather than just being Buff Gun Hero Saves The Day, a lot of focus is on the paramedics and fire fighters on scene rescuing civilians. That game ruled, but again aged reeaaal poorly

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Jar Jar Binks improved my story.

Danaru posted:

Urban Chaos Riot Response also had a tazer that set people on fire. That was an awesome game but it was also very, very post 9/11 and as a result had a cavalier attitude towards police brutality against terrorists that aged terribly :whitewater:

A little thing I did like about it was the way it went out of its way to glorify other emergency services too. The gang you're fighting is called "The Burners" and naturally their MO is to torch buildings and biff molotovs at everyone. Rather than just being Buff Gun Hero Saves The Day, a lot of focus is on the paramedics and fire fighters on scene rescuing civilians. That game ruled, but again aged reeaaal poorly

I absolutely can't find the thread for it, but if you want to watch an LP of it, here you go!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I'm nearing the end of Prey Mooncrash, and I'm really enjoying how the stories are tying together.

You're dealing with a simulation, which means the data is not entirely there, which is why you can be an avatar within the world and do your own thing, rather than just watching a video. But each of the five characters has their own story mission, something the character you're playing as actually performed during the crisis on the moon. And from what I can tell, so far, they all tie in to each other (with one of them possibly having future consequences that I haven't seen...yet).

Spoilers for character missions:

For example, the custodian's mission involves the custodian's true nature: a double agent of a competing corporation. You start right after killing some security sent to apprehend you, place a bug on a sort of data-collection device that has information about everything in the station, and then are abandoned by your corp. In the security officer's story, you discover that this person is a double agent, find the dead officers, and end up blowing up her escape pod as it jettisons, which she had to take because she was abandoned.

In the story for the head of the facility, you're given the mission to upload all the data into a device which is what the spy eventually places the bug onto. Then you launch it. And then the rival corporation picks up the device and delivers it to a third-party contractor who is tasked with analyzing the data on it, which is the data that you are currently acting through the simulation on.

And the volunteer's story has him put a mimic on an escape pod and launch it into space...which is probably what hosed earth up despite the mimic threat being destroyed on Talos.

I thought it was neat how they all sort of tied together in small but important ways. And I have yet to see what happens after finishing the game as a whole, so who knows maybe I'm talking out my butt about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Lobok posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWnzfA9AqrA

I love listening to the original composer singing it.