Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DisDisDis posted:

Is the story of the hugto mutiny documented anywhere?

i think the basis for it is an interview kvin posted? along with him mentioning that the producer on hugtto previously had a ridiculous flop of a production so he really has like, no will to put his thumb down on anything

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I don't think it's a mutiny per say it's just that Zako, Jun and Fumi pitched a show about the power of mothers and the producer being what he is forgot to ask questions as to what it means.

Much like how last season was pitched about making sweets and love and it was! It just took a long despair journey while reaching the end. And it also had Akira/Yukari too

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

iconic styling on his uniform tbh i m glad anime characters wear shirt skirts too

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The Colonel posted:

i think the basis for it is an interview kvin posted? along with him mentioning that the producer on hugtto previously had a ridiculous flop of a production so he really has like, no will to put his thumb down on anything

im this guy

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
that was good. it's kind of too uh, relentlessy happy and colorful for me to watch a lot at one time but i'll probably tune in for future highlight episodes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DisDisDis posted:

that was good. it's kind of too uh, relentlessy happy and colorful for me to watch a lot at one time but i'll probably tune in for future highlight episodes

watch the full arc from ep 13-20 about lulu becoming a gay super hero

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I watched uh, 16 I think? the one where they go shopping

why? because i relate heavily to cold robot women

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
detroit become human asks: can robots become human. answer is yes

nier automata asks: can androids be gay. answer is yes

hugtto precure asks: can androids be gay and human. the answer is they can play the guitar too

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Colonel posted:

detroit become human asks: can robots become human. answer is yes

nier automata asks: can androids be gay. answer is yes

hugtto precure asks: can androids be gay and human. the answer is they can play the guitar too

https://twitter.com/highimpactsex/status/1003726688235094016

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Matoi I want a proper Grand Blue thread.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Then make one? vOv

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

There's a Deen -> Konosuba charm going on with Chio-chan, where the visual aesthetic happens to enhance the comedy and the series. Overall I'm happy the adaptation is going well enough as card-holding member #001 of the doubter-turned-believer fan club
:getin:

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

AnacondaHL posted:

There's a Deen -> Konosuba charm going on with Chio-chan, where the visual aesthetic happens to enhance the comedy and the series. Overall I'm happy the adaptation is going well enough as card-holding member #001 of the doubter-turned-believer fan club
:getin:

I haven't seen episode two yet, but that gif looks like complete dogshit, and nothing like the charming expressiveness of Kobosuba.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Araki posted:

I haven't seen episode two yet, but that gif looks like complete dogshit, and nothing like the charming expressiveness of Kobosuba.

the gif is there not as an exemplary instance of the animation, but to represent my "I win, suck it haters" sentiment

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

does the presence of a stray magic baby ever get less weird?

I think hugtto is doing fine with its magic baby given that a stay at home guy takes care of it while the moms go and fight capitalist

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

someday im going to learn that people actually take me seriously as a source of industry scuttlebutt on this godforsaken forum but until i do im going to continue to make what some people call 'jokes,' 'japes,' or 'casual teehees in the morning'

anyway no the staff didnt actually 'revolt' but they did pivot from what was expected of them

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
All I know is that HIDIVE has betrayed me, and now I have to wait for the girls to Starlight in the morning rather than tonight as was promised.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
jungle japes

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Allarion posted:

All I know is that HIDIVE has betrayed me, and now I have to wait for the girls to Starlight in the morning rather than tonight as was promised.

i was gonna watch this tonight

who do we kill?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

jungle japes
you know i never realized that the word 'japes' in jungle japes was a pun on 'apes'

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

you know i never realized that the word 'japes' in jungle japes was a pun on 'apes'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYxqTYIi56I

someone call me when chio-chan gushes about rare ware's library of n64 classics

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Endorph posted:

someday im going to learn that people actually take me seriously as a source of industry scuttlebutt on this godforsaken forum but until i do im going to continue to make what some people call 'jokes,' 'japes,' or 'casual teehees in the morning'

anyway no the staff didnt actually 'revolt' but they did pivot from what was expected of them

To be fair I swear there's at least one story of an anime's staff going off the rails because of contempt for the source material.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Matoi I want a proper Grand Blue thread.

i wasnt worthy so the flammable water they use as a torch passes to someone else

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Maera Sior posted:

I watched a pile of AoT S2 today and now I want it to hurry up and be season 3. Any reason it's been delayed a few weeks?

It didn't get delayed? The first episode was just previewed at Anime Expo on the 8th, TV broadcast starts later.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
To expand on that: Not all seasonal shows start in the same week, sometimes there are a couple or a few weeks between when first eps of different shows air.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New thread to tread! :toot:

quote:

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro (Chio's School Road)
Diomedia | Takayuki Inagaki | Takayuki Inagaki | Comedy, Seinen, Slice of Life | Manga | Jul 6, 2018
This is a story of a nerdy bookworm girl on her way to school, and yes, that's the entire premise, as she's not getting to school any time soon. Taking her "usual" route to school, it becomes an increasingly unusual adventure, and all the more ridiculous as it carries on. It takes an unpleasant sentiment many can empathize with, the feeling of tardiness, and brings humor to it—making it a hilarious situation to look back upon.
PV
Thread

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

chio chan is strong despite not matching up to manga art but asobi asobase is true anime of the season

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

DisDisDis posted:

i was gonna watch this tonight

who do we kill?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Revue Starlight had easily the best premiere I've seen this season, and maybe all year. Flamboyant, melodramatic, lavishly animated. The whole last third of the episode was just a treat. Very much on board.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
give me subs that translate the fuckin music

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

give me subs that translate the fuckin music

https://twitter.com/andrearitsu/status/1018186158940082177

Also uses HiDive's subs for the dialog but cleans up the hideous font/typesetting a bit. A group called Starlight Subs is also doing fansubs, but those aren't done yet.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

When's the starlight stage collab

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
banana chan what a lady killer

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
what (little) i've seen of Revue Starlight makes it look like it's some straight Ikuhara poo poo, I wanna watch it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's some intense idol auditioning

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

what (little) i've seen of Revue Starlight makes it look like it's some straight Ikuhara poo poo, I wanna watch it

it's dope

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

ikuhara didnt work on it but the director (tomohiro furukawa) was a key animator on penguindrum and storyboarded the OPs and even wrote a couple of the episodes, so he was a key creative voice on that project, and they have the same art director. Furukawa also was an episode director on yurikuma, so there's a clear line from Ikuhara to Revue and it probably is a fairly big influence.

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/729703182717333505

Here's another example of Furukawa's work, with its strong Ikuhara influences. He's not really new enough to call him a 'protege' of Ikuhara or anything, but he's a younger collaborator of his who's making his solo directorial debut.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 14, 2018

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i just watched it cuz someone in the thread said it was gay and didn't really expect it to be my thing or the thing it ended up being at all but the first episode at least was really good

if you're one of the absolute fools who likes utena but wants it to have more individually animated action scenes you should watch revue starlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the dreamlike bits are great obvee but I think my fav part of it is like in the beginning where they do all the little dance flourishes while talking and keep this great sense of motion even in the grounded dialog scenes

• Locked thread