Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Furnaceface (4:49)
i am the bird
Jamwad Hilder
Kilza
Mamma Lucia

picks owed:
Furnaceface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Isn't Furnace auto skipped since they missed their last pick as well?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah I guess he is

i am the bird (4:49)
Jamwad Hilder
Kilza
Mamma Lucia
Kilza

picks owed:
Furnaceface x2

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Ima pick Jaccob Slavin to pair up with PK.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm gonna pick Max Pacioretty

He had a bad season last year due to injury and Montreal being god awful. But before that he was a perennial 30+ goal scorer. Can he turn it back around playing on a line with Kuznetsov and Marner? I say yes, and even if he doesn't there's only one year left on his deal anyway.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kilza
Mamma Lucia
mentholmoose
Teemu Pokemon
Aphrodite

picks owed:
Furnaceface x2

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

i think you skipped yaya, my dudes

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh yeah.

Yaya (5:11 EST) then Hilder.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
well if he wants pacioretty for some reason i'l pick someone else

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Yaya told me to select this dude if it came back to him:

Braden Holtby

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Kilza (5:47 PM EST)
Mamma Lucia
mentholmoose
Teemu Pokemon

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Give me Mark Stone.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Boo I was relying on you not skipping my second since I was literally driving home from work.

Since Patches has been stolen from me I have to panic pick again.

The Devils say to hell with youth, we need grit and experience. Welcome to the shore Eric Staal and Logan Couture.

e:
Couture - E.Staal - Kane

Burns -

All the goals for and against.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 13, 2018

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

I'll do a write up when I'm home but the Avalanche select David Rittich

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I’ll take Ryan Ellis

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teemu is taking JT Miller.

The insiders insist that picking 2 goalies before any defense would be stupid. They say “what is wrong with you?” and “you’re not really playing this in the proper spirit” Well, how many cups does Bob Mckenzie have? That’s what I thought.

Malcom Subban.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
rex rabidorum vires (7:06)
Ginette Reno
Good Soldier Svejk
Drunk Canuck
T-Bone
a false

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The Anaheim Ducks of Anaheim would like to select with their 4th pick in this draft Gabriel Landeskog. At 25 years old he's put up a solid career and we believe he will give our team excellent left wing depth. Additionally, we feel he fits into our team philosophy having been suspended 4 games and fined $120k for cross-checking Matthew Tkachuck, illegally checking now teammate Brad Marchand in the head (2 games $60k fine), receiving 3 games and a $200k fine for cross-checking Simon Despres, and a $5k fine for throwing a punch at Mikko Koivu while both players were on their respective benches.

Ginette Reno 7:39pm
Good Soldier Svejk
Drunk Canuck
T-Bone
a false

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The Penguins select Matt Murray who will hopefully be more like the guy two years ago and not the guy who put up a 907 last year.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
David rittich sets off the goalie rush. Amazing

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hampus Lindholm

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I was hoping people forgot him for a little longer. Elite two-way defender on a great contract. Best D available here.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up:
Drunk Canuck (until 10:04 AM EST)
T-Bone
a false
HootTheOwl
Technetium

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Lindholm was on my list but I don't think he has the offensive upside that other guys like Ellis do.

I feel like you can find good two-way/defensive players a lot later in the draft than you can offensive talent, and I personally like to load up on that as much as I can at the beginning.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

mentholmoose posted:

Lindholm was on my list but I don't think he has the offensive upside that other guys like Ellis do.

I feel like you can find good two-way/defensive players a lot later in the draft than you can offensive talent, and I personally like to load up on that as much as I can at the beginning.

He is really good though. Plays heavy minutes against teams' best players and despite his medium offensive ceiling he just put up 13 goals and has consistently been a great transition defenseman.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Beyond the boxcars, Lindholm is outstanding. His point totals just won't be that impressive because he plays on the second power play unit, is on a relatively low-scoring team, and that team isn't all that quick so a good transition defenseman doesn't rack up as many points.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

fawning deference posted:

He is really good though. Plays heavy minutes against teams' best players and despite his medium offensive ceiling he just put up 13 goals and has consistently been a great transition defenseman.

I don't really disagree with any of that, I think it's just a difference in philosophies. At this point I'm trying to load up on guys who I think will be producing points.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Mamma Lucia posted:

I'll do a write up when I'm home but the Avalanche select David Rittich

David is a serviceable backup goalie hailing from the Czech Republic. He had more wins than losses last year, which is about all you can ask of your backup. He's 25 so he'll can get better. He'll bring some European swagger to the club.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

fawning deference posted:

I was hoping people forgot him for a little longer. Elite two-way defender on a great contract. Best D available here.

he's fine but let's not get crazy

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I select Tomas Hertl.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

tofes posted:

he's fine but let's not get crazy

Yeah, it's a good pick but there are better d-men in the board.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I need a Swedish teenager to play with my Swedish teenager

gimme Elias Pettersson

-Eichel-
-Pettersson-

Dahlin-
McAvoy-

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 14, 2018

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

T-Bone posted:

gimme Elias Pettersson

-Eichel-
-Pettersson-

Dahlin-
McAvoy-

gently caress

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I will have all the children

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

T-Bone posted:

gimme Elias Pettersson

-Eichel-
-Pettersson-

Dahlin-
McAvoy-

you son of a bitch

i will take Matt Dumba

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
i was thinking about dumba instead of miller but i can't confirm or deny that i might be leaning toward another win every game 7-4 goal bonanza team again

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i am still fuckin salty about that pettersson pick. i thought i was gonna get him in like 3 rounds

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

a false posted:

i am still fuckin salty about that pettersson pick. i thought i was gonna get him in like 3 rounds

If it helps he wasn't getting past me this round. I also need a new plan.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
morning loves

HootTheOwl (Noon EST)
Technetium
Jordan7hm
corn on the cop
Boomer the Cannon
tofes
eXXon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm going to trust my coach and put in Roman Palack.
He seems really bad but I've won zero cups do what do I know?