Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Hot Take: The Guy Who Played the Emperor in Star Wars being an unironic Enoch Powell fan and playing him in a radio version of THAT speech in 2018 is loving hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Agnosticnixie posted:

About the only thing Heath has over Thatcher is that he at least managed to muster enough disgust at Enoch Powell to sack him. Thatcher would still have given him a ministry if she could have.

When my dad has too many ales and gets a little bit excited he starts shouting 'kill the bill, heath out'

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Don't stop I'm almost there

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Zeroisanumber posted:

Robert Downey jr. pulled it off in Tropic Thunder.

earned him a nomination for best supporting actor too

the academy had themselves a real hot take for that one lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/changemyview/comments/8ydbah/cmv_the_hiphop_and_rap_industry_are_a_significant/

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"It’s not about chronology, but causality."
how loving dumb is this guy

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Shear Modulus posted:

Wait how do you get banned from youtube for racism? that seems to be most of their content these days

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

The most offensive thing about that incredibly offensive post was the lil dicky recommend

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Starting off with "Hey folks, here’s a sticky opinion I’ve developed that I know might come off as racist." Maybe not... post it if you think it's racist??

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

seiferguy posted:

Starting off with "Hey folks, here’s a sticky opinion I’ve developed that I know might come off as racist." Maybe not... post it if you think it's racist??

Change my view might as well read "validate my awful opinions."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/HotMusicTakes__/status/1017825397189332993

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I'm tired but Churchill was a disgusting fat mentally impaired racist so she's been prepping for Trump her entire life

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

I'm so tired of ignorant takes, it's not "epic" it's just ignorant. It shouldn't' be celebrated, acknowledged, or given a poo poo about no matter what dumbassed celebrity vomitted it out.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I'm so tired of ignorant takes, it's not "epic" it's just ignorant. It shouldn't' be celebrated, acknowledged, or given a poo poo about no matter what dumbassed celebrity vomitted it out.

yo i dont think that was a tweet of praise for it

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I read their point as being that extraordinarily stupid takes shouldn’t be held up as examples of anything, even stupidity; they should just be consigned to the memory hole

in which case my hot take is that the thread specifically for laughing at spicy hot takes might not be the best thread for them to read

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
For all of Shapiro's faults, I didn't expect him to warm up do a leftover hot take from 1992

edit: lol I edited this analogy in while the next post was being made

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Pirate Radar posted:

I read their point as being that extraordinarily stupid takes shouldn’t be held up as examples of anything, even stupidity; they should just be consigned to the memory hole

in which case my hot take is that the thread specifically for laughing at spicy hot takes might not be the best thread for them to read

Rap isn't music isn't a hot take though. Its a leftover pizza that's been microwaved twice take.

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

The year is 2018:

Some one is so brave that they are

willing to say to say:

they dont like rap....

...even though.....

...at the same time...

....the person saying it is white........

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

Every time I meet a person that I found on the internet, the first thing I do is that I demand we agree upon music and I play this on my cell phone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMJPZ-mu-Ts

if beethoven does not know what angels sound like then how can i

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

ikanreed posted:

Counterpoint: so did portlandia, and that show is trash

Remember when Fred Armisen spent almost eight years straight on SNL playing the president in literal blackface when there was an actual black comedian (Michael che) who was noted for his Obama impression on the show and got to do it at the very end after Fred "one hundred percent a white guy" Armisen stopped.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Byolante posted:

I cooked a curry last night, am I a racist because I cooked something not invented by my own race?

On some Facebook groups I've seen, yes. These people are insane. You should hire irl murderers to play famous murderers in biopics and hire a completely unknown disabled actor for your lead instead of letting Daniel day Lewis pretend to be paralyzed.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Your Parents posted:

On some Facebook groups I've seen, yes. These people are insane. You should hire irl murderers to play famous murderers in biopics and hire a completely unknown disabled actor for your lead instead of letting Daniel day Lewis pretend to be paralyzed.

source your quotes

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
OJ Simpson should have played himself on TV

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

R. Guyovich posted:

source your quotes

I was in a cooking group related to "cool freaks Wikipedia club" that had a schism and mod fight over whether or not they should ban people for being white and posting non white food that they'd made and split into two groups.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I think it was around when shakshouka was trendy so people were getting called racist colonizing imperialists for making shakshouka in their house by themselves.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Your Parents posted:

I was in a cooking group related to "cool freaks Wikipedia club" that had a schism and mod fight over whether or not they should ban people for being white and posting non white food that they'd made and split into two groups.

the cool freaks whackos aren't representative of any meaningful population and if you're able to cast an actor who's a member of the same group as the role in question you should. it makes for a better performance.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

R. Guyovich posted:

the cool freaks whackos aren't representative of any meaningful population and if you're able to cast an actor who's a member of the same group as the role in question you should. it makes for a better performance.

members of the majority often shouldn’t be the ones who decide whether someone is cool, good and deserves to be listened to vs. a whacko who safely can and should be dismissed, though

like what if the shakshouka people have a point? who am I to tell them they don’t

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Your Parents posted:

cool now tell us your opinions on anita sarkeesian

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

TetsuoTW posted:

cool now tell us your opinions on anita sarkeesian

I’m guessing it’s that when they make the Gamergate movie she shouldn’t be played by James Franco

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

people in a niche facebook group are weird ergo all complaints about cultural insensitivity are invalid

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Badger of Basra posted:

people in a niche facebook group are weird ergo all complaints about cultural insensitivity are invalid

shakshuka is the conscience of a nation

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
gently caress now I want shakshuka but it’s like 9:45 at night

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Pirate Radar posted:

gently caress now I want shakshuka but it’s like 9:45 at night

hot take

it's never too late for shakshuka

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

iajanus posted:

hot take

it's never too late for shakshuka

but if I make it myself then I’m Scarlet Johannsen or something... I lost the plot somewhere here

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Badger of Basra posted:

That's not what anyone said

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That's not what anyone said

is that not the intent behind this post? I don’t agree with it or anything

Your Parents posted:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Next year in theaters, a movie in which I play Scarlett Johanssen, within which she (I) is/am in a movie playing Adolf Hitler, and Scarlett Johanssen cameos, both in the movie in which I'm playing her (she appears as both the angel and devil on her (my) shoulders while she (I) debate(s) accepting the role of the doomed, genocidal leader of Germany), and within the film within a film in which she (I) play(s) Adolf Hitler (she appears as Hermann Goering).

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
OSCARS

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I am then carried to the top of the Hollywood "H", doused in kerosene, and burned alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Badger of Basra posted:

heres a hot take. most people i see complaining about cultural imperialism and people playing parts/wearing clothes/eating food/etc that arent of their own culture are like a step and a half from calling for building a wall and preserving a future for their children. they come from similar places of desire for racial purity and cultural isolationism.