Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

this woman has managed to piss off literally the entire island of Manhattan, save for her boyfriend. Impressive.

Lmao when you're so awful you cant even use rich people nepotism to coast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Dynamic instability during transition.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Barudak posted:

Ok, now I have to know what she's doing in these interviews. I'm imagining she walks into the office for the interview and then wheels in her own mahogany desk to sit behind while she quizzes them on why they'd be a good fit for the company.

My poo poo is too cute as it is. I think I want to go for the more obtuse thing. :shuckyes:

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Haifisch posted:

Also, digging in OP's comments led to a plot twist:
It's actually not the catnip after all; she's threatening me for being naked in my own garden?

If I’m reading correctly and this is England they might not have a case since you have to invade privacy to look in (except for one neighbor who is not bothered).

house of the dad posted:

I always enjoy the tactic of adding "and all of my friends think it's weird too so I have a CONSENSUS." She's the one who's making it weird and should hit the bricks.

Unfortunately there are no jury trials in relationship court. MOTION DENIED

ArbitraryC posted:

To be somewhat fair when dudes are polled the ideal standard of beauty for women regarding weight is pretty far from anorexic. The killer is calling from inside that house.

Men like boobies, boobies recede when you’re dangerously underweight - seems like a no brainer :shrug:

Caganer fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jul 14, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

My poo poo is too cute as it is. I think I want to go for the more obtuse thing. :shuckyes:

When in doubt, believe the most ridiculous possibility. It makes life much more fun, and in this day and age is probably true.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
https://mobile.twitter.com/redditships/status/1018103183116300296

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I've [28M] really bonded with my niece [13F] over our love of music. She emails me her works occasionally and I give her advice. Gf [24F] thinks it's "creepy" and wants me to stop all contact.
her that I haven't stopped.

Your girlfriend is an rear end in a top hat.

Edit: her friends are assholes, too

Haifisch posted:

Also, digging in OP's comments led to a plot twist:
It's actually not the catnip after all; she's threatening me for being naked in my own garden?

Start flirting with her husband and wreck her marriage.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

When in doubt, believe the most ridiculous possibility. It makes life much more fun, and in this day and age is probably true.

That someone hosed up their interview and didn’t get hired? poo poo happens to people all the time. Really not the most ridiculous possibility. But really how it is.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
/r/relationships: validation station

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

tactlessbastard posted:

Your girlfriend is an rear end in a top hat.

Edit: her friends are assholes, too

Willing to bet the version of the story her friends have heard isn't exactly unbiased.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

To be somewhat fair when dudes are polled the ideal standard of beauty for women regarding weight is pretty far from anorexic. The killer is calling from inside that house.

Yeah, I think most of us lean towards the thicc side.

Whatever though.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

mllaneza posted:

I can't top that ^^ but I'll post content anyway.

My [21,M] fiancé [35,M] does not show me any respect in front of his friends or family.

:murder:

Another abuser fucks up by starting before the paperwork gets signed.

He apparently had an update about being picked up and taken home by his Mom, and his boyfriend got aggressive, but it got deleted.

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I didn't realize one of my exes was using for the longest time because he somehow managed to get super fat while shooting heroin. Still not sure how that happened.

Puking nonstop all day helps keep the weight off. I bet he wasn't a puker.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Heroin doesn't really make you lose weight at all. It's more that being a heroin addict engenders a lifestyle often incompatible with getting three squares a day in. So if you got the money and the ease of access that you can just do heroin and eat like a king it'd be simple to gain weight.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Jim Barris posted:

Heroin doesn't really make you lose weight at all. It's more that being a heroin addict engenders a lifestyle often incompatible with getting three squares a day in. So if you got the money and the ease of access that you can just do heroin and eat like a king it'd be simple to gain weight.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

mllaneza posted:

I can't top that ^^ but I'll post content anyway.

My [21,M] fiancé [35,M] does not show me any respect in front of his friends or family.

:murder:

Another abuser fucks up by starting before the paperwork gets signed.

Sounds like he's being treated like a woman. The difference of course being he's actually warranted sympathy.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Bonster posted:

He apparently had an update about being picked up and taken home by his Mom, and his boyfriend got aggressive, but it got deleted.

rareddit is your friend.

[Update] My [21,M] fiancé [35,M] does not show me any respect in front of his friends or family.

redditor posted:

Thank you for all the responses and concern with my original post. I think when I posted it, I knew how messed up my situation was, and I am seriously thankful that you all gave me the push I needed to get out of my relationship with C.

I called my mom just a few hours after making that post. I was so worried that she wanted nothing to do with my anymore, but right when I said that I needed help leaving C, she got in the car during our call and headed my way. You all pointed out how silly it was for me to think my family would not take me back, and you were right.

I did not intend on telling C that I was leaving, but he came back home to pick something up, and I had a few bags packed. He became more desperate than angry. He did grab me and bind my hands while yelling at me, and he was physically blocking me from leaving the room, but he did not get any more physically aggressive than that.

After tiring himself out from yelling, he just pleaded with me to stay. He promised me that we would set a date for the wedding. He also tried giving me money, and that was odd. He literally started pulling out cash. I had never seen him so desperate, and it changed the way I see him overall. He had always seemed like the most well put together guy possible, but he isn't, and I am disappointed in myself for falling for his lies. He gave up after my mom got there. I am very glad she arrived when she did.

I still love him. I cannot lie to you all about that. This is still fresh and I am sure these feelings will fade, but a big part of me is already missing him. I know that it is messed up, but I want to curl up beside him.

My mom hugged and kissed me more than she ever has when she picked me up. She had some pretty strong words towards C, but overall, we left without much trouble. The ride back home had a lot of tears on my part, but it was good to catch up with my mom, and she gave me a lot of good advice and comfort. She even made me fish & chips when we got home. :)

I wanted to jump right back into seeing friends again, and I got to hang out my best pal from grade school. Many of my friends still live in our hometown, so that is nice. My friend was glad to see me. She took me to a late night movie, and that was great. I had not been to a movie without C and his friends in a long time, and he only goes to an arthouse theater that typically bored me. I never got to decide what C and I did when we went out, and having this feeling of freedom is great! I know it is silly to put so much significance on seeing Incredibles 2, but it made me happy.

My friend even took me on a super late hike on one of my favorite trails. She is a sweetheart, and I am glad to be able to hang out with her again. She already wants to find me some hot guy our age to have some fun with. I am not sure if I will be ready for that anytime soon, but it does sound exciting, and I'm glad to know that my friend is that ready to hook me up and all. She says that she thinks it may be good to have a little fling, nothing serious, but just some muscled young guy to get my mind off of C, but I don't know.

Many of you pointed out how terrible it was that he did not want me to go to college. I was planning on going to school for Computer Science or do like my dad and go to law school. You are all probably right about him restricting me out of an attempt to make me more dependent on him. I am going to start applying to college, and this is exciting for me.

C does keep calling. I know many of you suggested that I block him, but I have not done that step yet. I have responded to him only once though. He just keeps trying to offer me things. I've never even expected him to give me much money or gifts. It is strange that he is resorting to basically bartering with me.

I am going to visit my sister today, and I look forward to seeing her again.

It is going to take me away to drift back into normalcy, but I think I have taken some great first steps into taking care of myself.

Tl/dr: My mom picked me up from his house, and aside from a little aggression and desperation, it went well. I am living with my mom and dad for now, and I am already seeing friends again.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Does my [17F] girlfriend need to know?

quote:

I [18M] have been dating my [17F] girlfriend for over a year now and we are pretty comfortable with each other. Ever since I graduated and got a job, we've been talking about getting a place together some day in the future. We don't really keep secrets from each other, but there is one thing. I get really stressed out and needy sometimes, so to cope, I have my imaginary friend. I talk to him/her whenever I'm depressed or lonely. I don't know if/how I could bring this up to my girlfriend, though. Should I even try?

TL;DR: I have an imaginary friend, should I tell my girlfriend?

quote:

corcarr
Have you asked the friend for advice?

mirrorpeople
She was nervous. She said I should ask you guys instead.

dinohate
Your imaginary friend is a female? Girlfriend ain’t going to like that.

dinohate
I would suggest therapy. Tulpas aren’t real and imaginary friends at 17 is up there on the “signs this individual needs to be checked out by a licensed medical professional”

Genderfluid(?) imaginary friend. Is that what a ‘Tulpa’ is?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

I could go into this whole thing, but nah, but I'll say that the wife look is totally different from the mistress look. But as a woman you sort of have to pick one and there's obvious upsides and downsides to both. The wife is a public prestige product and low weight is a component of that, the mistress is there to be a fun good gently caress and can fit a man's private preferences.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Ok, now I have to know what she's doing in these interviews. I'm imagining she walks into the office for the interview and then wheels in her own mahogany desk to sit behind while she quizzes them on why they'd be a good fit for the company.

that would be such a loving power move though, that would be rad

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Pick if I have a wife I'm gonna wanna have sex with the wife, not an uninvolved third party

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blade Runner posted:

Pick if I have a wife I'm gonna wanna have sex with the wife, not an uninvolved third party

yeah for like 15 minutes while you get the mistress lined up

if you want to keep having sex with her that's mistress stuff anyway, your wife should be your household manager. if you two want to gently caress each other that's going to disturb your professional relationship. don't poo poo where you eat.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Blade Runner posted:

pick lives in an alternate universe where poo poo the upper class used to do is the normal way everyone thinks and acts, it's not worth engaging on this topic

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."

Pick posted:

I could go into this whole thing, but nah, but I'll say that the wife look is totally different from the mistress look. But as a woman you sort of have to pick one and there's obvious upsides and downsides to both. The wife is a public prestige product and low weight is a component of that, the mistress is there to be a fun good gently caress and can fit a man's private preferences.

Do you think thats the only type of relationship that can happen between a man and woman as partners? do i have to choose between the two? they both sound kind of lovely.

i guess the tindr thread does mention loving fat women but never actually dating them...

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the penis is evil. really can't stress this enough.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

What the gently caress is wrong with you straight people.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Freudian posted:

We're stuck dealing with the other gender

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

I repeat my question.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
be more positive, think about how great vagina is. and i think penii are more chaotic than evil. chaotic neutral.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Buzkashi posted:

quote:

Entitled? I went to school for multiple aspects of design for five years before deciding the courses weren't challenging enough and dropping out. Yes I have debt now. yes I could use some financial support. No I am not perfect, but yes I am valued. Yes I have a brilliant potenital in my mind to do whatever I set out to. Will to power, and I have recently been looking at getting back into online video game design classes. So if I'm a dick, you're a douche. No I won't let you talk to me like that. I don't ever have to put up with disrespect. It's not your right to mock another man who is asking harmless questions, as that is how we obtain knowledge and always has been. Kindly gently caress off.

I wish I could find this person, gently hold their face in my hands and quietly tell what a monumental loving idiot they are and how they will spend the rest of their life regretting how stupid they are right at this moment.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I wish I could find this person, gently hold their face in my hands and quietly tell what a monumental loving idiot they are and how they will spend the rest of their life regretting how stupid they are right at this moment.

same but not gently

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

be more positive, think about how great vagina is. and i think penii are more chaotic than evil. chaotic neutral.

suck my landerig

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Do you think thats the only type of relationship that can happen between a man and woman as partners? do i have to choose between the two? they both sound kind of lovely.

i guess the tindr thread does mention loving fat women but never actually dating them...

Pick thinks it’s normal to hit your partner a few times and that being afraid of your partner beating you is emotional abuse.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Freudian posted:

nah its just pick

also the idiot iq dipshit

y'all have the vampire vc

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I think it’s like, yeah you really really want to gently caress the mistress, but it will make you’re wife sad, and therefore make you sad because you love you’re wife and feel her emotions. So you don’t have the sex that makes you feel bad then. :hai:

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I believe pick recently introduced her heretofore completely unmentioned bisexuality to the canon

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

CheesyDog posted:

I believe pick recently introduced her heretofore completely unmentioned bisexuality to the canon

im a white female in my 20s, it should be considered the default

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

CheesyDog posted:

nah, she's mentioned dating women multiple times. we're always learning new and exciting things about Pick's weird-rear end life though

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

TheKennedys posted:

nah, she's mentioned dating women multiple times. we're always learning new and exciting things about Pick's weird-rear end life though

It's become radically less weird in the last year or so, gettin' old I guess :corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

LadyPictureShow posted:

Does my [17F] girlfriend need to know?

That first comment of asking the imaginary friend for advice is pretty good.