Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

A.o.D. posted:

What the hell.

This is a mid to long ranged bombardment nech, not a brawler. Put a light 300 engine on there.

It's a deadside, don't just go slapping LFEs in everything like a beginner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
Darkness is coming. Where will you be when Clan Super Death arrives? Don't be caught in the storm! Make an IS laser boat today!

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Laser EBJ feels pretty good to play (for now) but god drat it looks stupid in third person

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

TjyvTompa posted:

It's a deadside, don't just go slapping LFEs in everything like a beginner.

It's not a brawler and your torso twist sucks. Don't avoid light engines dogmatically.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

This sale owns owns owns but I already have all the good Warhammer and Rifleman models. Though the Bounty Hunter and Skorch are tempting af.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Are any of the pick a prize champ mechs any good?

Chrysophylax
Dec 28, 2006
._.

Tagichatn posted:

I'm enjoying HBK-IIC(C) a lot that makes it good in my book

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
For my fans and haters alike:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

TjyvTompa posted:

For my fans and haters alike:

gently caress the haters. That Crab build rules. So much structure, so much speed.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

So I'm living up to my name, I've goofed around in this game for quite some time but still don't really know what I'm doing. I saw a few pages back that someone mentioned a CPLT-K2 build with 2x rac5 and some lasers, does anyone have a link to a build that incorporates these things because my stupid self will probably do something dumb with the build unless I'm literally given a template to copy/paste onto my own build. I tried to google one first but didn't really have any luck.

I'm not very good at building robots, I just like to shoot them. :shrug:

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

peer posted:

Laser EBJ feels pretty good to play (for now) but god drat it looks stupid in third person

I like the EBJ look despite the kitty ears and kinda silly arms.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Noobles posted:

So I'm living up to my name, I've goofed around in this game for quite some time but still don't really know what I'm doing. I saw a few pages back that someone mentioned a CPLT-K2 build with 2x rac5 and some lasers, does anyone have a link to a build that incorporates these things because my stupid self will probably do something dumb with the build unless I'm literally given a template to copy/paste onto my own build. I tried to google one first but didn't really have any luck.

I'll take a crack at it. Noodled with the mechlab a bit.

CPLT-K2

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

CPLT-K2

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Noobles posted:

You should do that build with a bushwhacker instead. It is a much better mech.
https://youtu.be/qTfqKIdFRIU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Agreed. The K2 should be running dual LB20s :getin:

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

lwoodio posted:

You should do that build with a bushwhacker instead. It is a much better mech.
https://youtu.be/qTfqKIdFRIU

I'm a poor and don't have a lot of credits right now, plus I already have the K2. If I like this build I'll probably give that a shot in the future.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I miss the gauss PPC K2

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006
[Insert good English here]

TheKingslayer posted:

CPLT-K2

Yep, that'll do it. I use 4xER Smalls, but eh.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

seeking a better ACH-P(C) build
loadout:
AO5D<:Q0pF04M7|mBqF02M7|mB|m<2r?0AM7s?0MM7tB06M7uB07M7v:00M7w706060

skills:
a5f5f87cf60cdde560f0000000000000000000000e87702f0ff0b80000000

edit: Per recommendation I switched to this
AO5D<0U0pJ04M7|OC|URqJ02M7|m<2|OC|iRrD0ZT7|iB|iB|iB|URsD0^T7|iB|iB|iB|URtL06M7uL07M7vB00M7w302020

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jul 13, 2018

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Tagichatn posted:

The Shadow Cat is also really fun. It has all of the toys. You can do basically anything in it.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Guys what battlemech was in Ready Player One?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Stormcrow? Warhawk? who cares

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I miss the gauss PPC K2

:same:

Shame that gauss/ppc was just soooo overbearing that the brown sea flooded.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Turns out you should put lbx 10s on your maulers all. These are better than an equivalent no. UAC5s!

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Goddamn, had my ARC-T that brings 2000 MRMs and got to narrowly live long enough to fire every single one of them. I don't get why everyone packs LRMs when every other missile option is at least 5x the raw fun factor

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Turns out you should put lbx 10s on your maulers all. These are better than an equivalent no. UAC5s!

I've always loved my big dumb shotguns and it makes me v happy they are having their day in the robot sun, even though I don't really play anymore.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ok maybe i do still play it. Just played ten matches, won most of them, all pretty brawly.

I'm enjoying the hell out of my Hunchback 4SP with MRM40, 5ML and an XL255 - any suggestions? I've only died from engine loss a couple of times, mostly I overheat and explode towards the end of the match.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

That sounds like a reasonable build, though not personally what I would put on a 4SP. IS Light Fusion engines have effectively obsoleted XLs because you no longer die to a side torso loss. I'd probably personally run something like a 2xMRM 30 build with a 250LFE. No backup lasers but you get 1700 damage worth of missiles which is more than enough, and that's if you didn't take the ammo nodes in the skill tree (which you should, because they're mostly near-ish other useful missile things, like spread). I would probably run your current build more like this one if I were building it, but it's going to be a touch toasty; but that should be okay with the missiles and ER lasers letting you get a bit of standoff distance. If that's not so much your thing I'd use regular mediums to keep the heat down, but at regular medium range you're better off with SRMs anyway.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Thanks, those look nice builds. It's less optimal and more how much fun I find mrms. I think I'll buy the lfe.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

TjyvTompa posted:

So many good mechs on sale, gonna make an effortpost here since Marauders, Warhammers and Riflemen are some of my favourite mechs.

WHM-6D
Ao5820D1|Ud|i^|i^|i^ph0|Y?|i^|Y?|i^qh0|i^|b?|b?|b?r\0|i^|i^|Y?|Y?sF0|i^tf0uf0vB0w404040

I recommend all these mechs but especially the WHM-6D, it is an absolute beast and a very good platform to get used to the IS XL engine.

Had a blast with this so far.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Is there a good Phoenix Hawk build? I feel like I spend way too much time chasing the little bastards as they zip all over, and it makes me wonder if they’re as much fun to play as the old Centurions.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
The 1K, you could run 8x small pulses... or go really hot and run 8 mediums.

The 2 you can run 6 medium pulse

Both can JJ out the rear end.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Just ran into an Awesome with a total armament of 6 MLs and an SSRM6. That's it.

It did run at 80kmh though

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

peer posted:

Just ran into an Awesome with a total armament of 6 MLs and an SSRM6. That's it.

It did run at 80kmh though

I put, uh, 5x ERLLs on my Awesome 8Q and it was a pretty good time just blue lasers for miles

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I just got paid and own a piranha and a jenner and nothing else and am also new to the game. How should I spend my first batch of real money on this game?(besides premium, thats obviously a given)

edit: I really love lights, but I know I need to learn other stuff too

Corn Burst
Jun 18, 2004

Blammo!
Only spending real money? I would get a lot of mech bays and some colors you may want, then get these hero mechs.

Lights: you have a PIR, you are good. Maybe a Pirates Bane if you must spend real money.
Medium: Sparky with Heavy PPCs
Heavy: QuickDraw IV-4 with MRMs, Top Dog with lasers
Assault: Slepneir with 2x HG

There you get all weight classes, and a sample of every play style (ballistics/missiles/lasers/ppcs).

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Umbreon posted:

I just got paid and own a piranha and a jenner and nothing else and am also new to the game. How should I spend my first batch of real money on this game?(besides premium, thats obviously a given)

edit: I really love lights, but I know I need to learn other stuff too

Get an Assassin-23 and use the build in the OP (its for the 21, but the 23 is better.) Then run in Assassin packs with Goons (join Discord) and win the game.

Or, get the Hellbringer listed in the OP, which is quite possibly the best mech, ton for ton, in the game.

Or better yet, get both!

ChairmanMauzer fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 16, 2018

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
Its kind of interesting that most players will focus-fire Hellbringers because they know they are a threat, whereas the Top Dog hero mech (yes, an IS laser boat, not a clan vomit boat like the HBR) is nearly as good and more uncommon mech most players underestimate. Its sort of like how Hunchbacks/TBRs have short lifespans these days because most players know to what to aim at. The HBR's ECM is really good though to keep it hidden until its time for the laser light show, which I think adds a lot to it's overall survival.

The EBJ I would say feels more tanky than the HBR simply due to geometry.

Slayerjerman fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jul 16, 2018

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Umbreon posted:

How should I spend my first batch of real money on this game?(besides premium, thats obviously a given)

If you're buying mechs with cash, buy only hero mechs. Don't get regular mechs, and absolutely do not get champions. Heroes aren't necessarily better than regular mechs, but they can only be bought with real dosh, and come with an in-game currency boost built in. Between the hero boost and premium, you should have no problem buying non-hero mechs later. Buying normal mechs with cash is a trap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
unless you get the collector packs for the normal mech with the credit boost also