Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Tei posted:

I remember people saying "I wish we could play Skyrim with my friends".

Our old self would be incredible hyped by something like Fallout 76.

but part of skyrim with friends fun would be murdering every single town together which you won't get to do in 76 because no NPCs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Donovan Trip posted:

What mental illness is this

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tei posted:

I remember people saying "I wish we could play Skyrim with my friends".

Like literally everything in Skyrim, there's a mod for that

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67038/

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Donovan Trip posted:

It's called ESL.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Donovan Trip posted:

The same one that forces people to constantly diagnose people's mental illness based on forum posts.

shuuuuuuut the fuuuuuuck up

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Yeah, but I bet a ton of nerds would pay 9.95 for a Sunset Sasparilla Cowboy Hat and lever action BB rifle. Or a NCR/legion armor skin.

lmao

I bought a Marlin Cowboy for $20 because I loved the Lincoln repeater so much. :clint:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm sure everyone else that has ever played Fallout 4 discovered it already but having just started Nuka World for the first time it blew my mind that Andrew WK is the voice of raider radio

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't know that, but that makes me want to hit up Nuka World!

partyhard.gif listening to the song now

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 11, 2018

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I'm sure everyone else that has ever played Fallout 4 discovered it already but having just started Nuka World for the first time it blew my mind that Andrew WK is the voice of raider radio

shouldve gotten kanye

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I didn’t know that but it’s awesome and I feel a lot better about creating raider settlements to get access to his station back in the commonwealth

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Well poo poo i better actually play the game and head to nuka world. I bought the DLC ages ago and never played it.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Is it possible that we don't have access to all DLC settlement items until you actually start the DLC? I'm working on a settlement and when I look at the Nuka World stuff, other than a bunch of cars and rocks.. there's not much there.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dalael posted:

Is it possible that we don't have access to all DLC settlement items until you actually start the DLC? I'm working on a settlement and when I look at the Nuka World stuff, other than a bunch of cars and rocks.. there's not much there.

Yup. The vault options for one don’t appear until you do it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
wait, you can use the vault stuff outside of the vault?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Yes.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

wait, you can use the vault stuff outside of the vault?

Yeah, I just make all my stuff out of vault parts. quick and easy way to fill a square space like at the airport

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
The clean vault furniture actually is available right away, it's just the vault pieces and the different experiments you build as part of the quest that aren't added until after. Same with the raider flags and raider 'job' pieces, though those can only be used for raider outposts obviously.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Glazius posted:

Right!

Internal shop 1: just outside the yellow house, will feature a blue-colored fuse box. This is a med center.

Internal shop 2: Next to that one. This is a clothing shop.

External shop 1: Misremembered this one. It's actually around the corner from those two internal shops. Walk between the rec plot and the guard post. This is a general store.

External shop 2: On top your old house. This is a food stand.

External shop 3: Right next to it, on top I think your garage? This is an armor store.

Internal shop 3: Right under ext. shop 3. This is a weapon store.

Stand 1: a general store, under ext. shop 2.

Stand 2: an armor stand, right next to int. shop 3.

Stand 3: the bar, inside the yellow house.

wild, yeah, i have the armor shop but nothing else is built with L3 100% and 23/26 population. i guess i should reassign some settlers on my own

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wolfsheim posted:

The clean vault furniture actually is available right away, it's just the vault pieces and the different experiments you build as part of the quest that aren't added until after. Same with the raider flags and raider 'job' pieces, though those can only be used for raider outposts obviously.

There is other stuff that need triggers to be enabled, like the Picket Fences items.

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010
IIRC most of the nuka world stuff that isn't officially for raider settlements if pretty lackluster

Except safari adventure because then you can make bear statues

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Wolfsheim posted:

You can only build them in raider outposts but if you kick out the raiders you can keep using their stuff. So you can do something like turn the entire Commonwealth into raider ouposts, build tribute chests everywhere, kick the raiders out, then assign regular settlers to them. This keeps them functional and generates piles of free loot forever. Same goes for the chem venting machines and alcohol stills though that is less useful.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Power armor PC edition back in stock at amazon.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
i just really want to see what insane mods you can put on that flintlock
make it a breechloader?
convert it to percussion caps?
Turn it into a trapdoor?

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Shove a fusion core in that bitch and see what happens. Although, the flintlock is the perfect piece for my dream settlement of nothing but a gauntlet of booby traps.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Laser flintlock

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

afkmacro posted:

Power armor PC edition back in stock at amazon.

quote:

Hello,

We're contacting you about order ######### for the following item(s):

Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition- PC

We're unable to fulfill your order for the item(s) listed above because they aren't available from the supplier any longer. As a result, we've cancelled them from your order and your original payment method won't be charged.

We're sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

:(

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Miniature nuclear bomb, goes off and directs the blast out the front of the musket in a focused energy beam.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

No you try it.

No you.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
laslocks are a thing in 40k :thunk:

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Same. Looking at reddit, there's a lot of cancelled orders and no one chiming in to say they got to keep theirs so I'm thinking they didn't have any stock to begin with.

I called support and asked why it went up for sale and the lady just kept repeating that it's out of stock.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Amazon been loving up a lot lately.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Amazon is okay with me, this hoopla got me to look at their page and then I preordered normie edition for fifty bucks, so I'm good to go whenever they send me the beta access code. I don't want any more tchotchkes in this life.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

a flintlock jury rigged to a mini nuke, with the trigger tied to a piece of string, so when you trip the rope, you nukey go bye bye

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I have a question about the proliferation of non-english languages in the post war world. Now obviously the main reason everyone speaks English is for gameplay reasons, but I wonder how well other languages survived the war. You can find the shipwreck in fallout 4 with Portugese ghouls, the Zion Tribals have elements of German in their own language, Raul shows how Spanish has survived, and Curie obviously speaks French. That last one got me thinking. If the Mr Handy was made available for international sale would it come packaged with non English voice adaptation? Would a group like the Followers of the Apocalypse use Mr Handies to teach language courses back in the Boneyard?

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I'm not sure what the deeper lore is, but both Arcade and Ceaser in New Vegas both learned Latin from the Followers in New Vegas - I am sure that they have different, and less dead, language courses.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The real question is how much use other languages would be in the wasteland. Mandarin or Cantonese would be valuable for dealing with the Shi up in San Francisco, and a hint of German could help one speak the Sorrows language, but Curie's french isn't that valuable unless we find out that Ronto has been overrun by Quebecois partisans.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Jeff Goldblum posted:

a flintlock jury rigged to a mini nuke, with the trigger tied to a piece of string, so when you trip the rope, you nukey go bye bye

Cut out the middle-man and just throw it like a football

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Father Wendigo posted:

Cut out the middle-man and just throw it like a football

Only if the game permits me to become a Super Mutant.

Also, loving make mutants and mutations part of the game already, Bethesda.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Jeff Goldblum posted:

Only if the game permits me to become a Super Mutant.

Maybe try Investing more than 4 points into Strength, string bean. :mad:

Realtalk, being able to lob mininukes like grenades is what a STR 9-10 perk should look and feel like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Tell me you don't want to throw a nuclear hand grenade at least once, and I'll tell you you're lying. :mad: