Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Well I wasn't necessarily going to take a goalie with this pick but I might as well take arguably the best goalie in the NHL the past couple years in

SERGEI BOBROVSKY

e: up next is
Jordan7hm
corn on the cop
Boomer
tofes

Technetium fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jul 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

It's a bit past noon EST, Jordan is skipped.

Next up:
corn on the cop (until 2 PM EST)
Boomer The Cannon
tofes
eXXon
stab

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Busy atm but give me the fancy Finnish lad Mikael Granlund. Will write something up in a bit

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hi friends. The Carolina hurricanes are happy to select Keith Yandle. The truth is that while he’s not a complete defender, he’s a guy who consistently puts up 40+ points and keeps his head above water possession wise no matter the role he’s used in. He’s a true top pairing defenseman and there aren’t that many left.

Given his age the odds are his contract will likely not end well, but 6.3 for a mobile top pairing guy is a pretty great deal for the next few years unless his body falls apart extremely rapidly, and the next few years is what I’m aiming at.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Winnipeg takes Kyle Turris.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

corn on the cop posted:

Busy atm but give me the fancy Finnish lad Mikael Granlund. Will write something up in a bit

A pox upon you and your house.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The Vancouver Canucks are very pleased to welcome Mikael Granlund to their club. Seen below is the last known footage of him smiling.

We'll slot him at center for the time being, although he has shown to be more effective on the wing.

eXXon posted:

A pox upon you and your house.

if he's not european we're not interested

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Tough decision for the golden knights but we're going to select Stanley cup champion Dmitry orlov

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hurry up before someone picks my man crush.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

These are such hard picks. I'm agonizing between 3 players, each a different position.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

JoelJoel posted:

Hurry up before someone picks my man crush.

bettman is ineligible

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's not true, you can choose him as a coach.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Boring Sean Monahan needs a boring retread pick to play with so welcome back Jaden Schwartz, who can drive a line on his own and is a left winger which is probably the least important position to fill.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

stab sent me his list. He selects Noah Hanifin.

Next up:
fawning deference (till 4:31 PM EST)
ThinkTank
Thufir
glynnenstein
Zodijackylite

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Such a hard pick. I have to risk a bit here and go with the position most dim now: center. And hope the other guy is still there in 12 picks.

The Blackhawks are happy to select Mika Zibanejad. Mika had a terrific season, with outstanding fancy stats on a bad possession team and 27 goals despite missing significant time. And he won over half his faceoffs.

Hall-Larkin-???
???-Zibanejad-???

???-Provorov

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

ThinkTank posted:

If it helps he wasn't getting past me this round. I also need a new plan.

I knew this in my heart to be true and had to save my boy

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
ThinkTank (4:41)
Thufir
glynnenstein
Zodijackylite
JoelJoel
Jonathan Fisk
Jonathan Fisk

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

fawning deference posted:

Such a hard pick. I have to risk a bit here and go with the position most dim now: center. And hope the other guy is still there in 12 picks.

The Blackhawks are happy to select Mika Zibanejad. Mika had a terrific season, with outstanding fancy stats on a bad possession team and 27 goals despite missing significant time. And he won over half his faceoffs.

Hall-Larkin-???
???-Zibanejad-???

???-Provorov

Ah, gently caress you.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take Brayden Schenn. He's unlikely to replicate the torrid pace he had to start the season, but as a 2nd line C I could do a lot worse. I feel pretty set with him and MacKinnon forming the spine of my team.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
I think I can pick now?

Old man with probably bad contract Mark Giordano

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

I'll take Brayden Schenn. He's unlikely to replicate the torrid pace he had to start the season, but as a 2nd line C I could do a lot worse. I feel pretty set with him and MacKinnon forming the spine of my team.

bitch,

Thufir posted:

I think I can pick now?

Old man with probably bad contract Mark Giordano

bitch,

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Seconded, the motion carries bitch

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Two hours have passed. The pick is in!

The Ottawa Senators are proud to select, from the Columbus Blue Jackets, who stole this bon garçon québécois from the rightful domain of les habitants, Pierre-Luc Dubois. He speaks French, which probably doesn't matter because our arena is halfway to Toronto. He also kept a straight face during his draft combine interview with that team drafting fat guys.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The Washington Capitals interrupt the weekend to select Eric Staal despite some concerns about Eric Staal.

Uh.. one sec

We'll go with Sam Reinhart. Fucken "centers."

glynnenstein fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 15, 2018

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

glynnenstein posted:

The Washington Capitals interrupt the weekend to select Eric Staal despite some concerns about Eric Staal.

Uh.. one sec

We'll go with Sam Reinhart. Fucken "centers."

His success at the NHL level has come as a winger. Buffalo keeps trying to put him in the center role but hopefully they stop. He’s a really good winger. He’s an ok center.

Not unrelated is the fact Buffalo has no wingers and two top flight centres, but I still think Reinhart will end up as a full time winger.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up:
JoelJoel (until 9:02 PM EST)
Jonathan Fisk
Jonathan Fisk
JoelJoel
Zodijackylite
glynnenstein
Thufir

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

His success at the NHL level has come as a winger. Buffalo keeps trying to put him in the center role but hopefully they stop. He’s a really good winger. He’s an ok center.

Not unrelated is the fact Buffalo has no wingers and two top flight centres, but I still think Reinhart will end up as a full time winger.

Yeah, for him to succeed at center he'll need to improve his skating or have either a two-way guy so he can cheat or speedsters to stretch the d

so of course they traded ROR, and they're putting Sheary with Eichel

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'll take Marc Edouard Vlasic, who I think has a legit claim as a top-10 D in the league.

Ill also pick Ilya Kovalchuk, because I'm a win-now team, I guess.

Zo is up, JJ has 2 held

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Yep.

Next up:
Zodijackylite (until 11:10 AM EST)
glynnenstein
Thufir
ThinkTank
fawning deference

Skipped:
JoelJoel (x2)

Kilza fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 15, 2018

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'll take Marc Edouard Vlasic, who I think has a legit claim as a top-10 D in the league.

Ill also pick Ilya Kovalchuk, because I'm a win-now team, I guess.

Zo is up, JJ has 2 held

I almost took Vlasic, lol at Kovy tho

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i'll take 60 old russian points

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

i'll take 60 old russian points

He might even get double that over the length of his contract.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Kovy is a good boom or bust pick imo but there are plenty of more sure picks available who are likely to score more than him, so, I dunno.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He's gonna be stapled to Kopitar at ES and on the first PP unit

If he scores less than 50 points next year I'll write a one act play about his descent into madness in LA :toxx:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I mean sure 50 points is totally reasonable but there are tons of guys on the board who will score more than that.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well, I see that as his worst case scenario

And I don't see a lot of 60-70 point guys remaining

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's hard to argue on this without name dropping available people

e: last year there were 47 forwards that scored 65 points or better, which is where i'm betting on him ending up as the 77th forward taken :shrug:

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 15, 2018

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Dadonov

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

RNH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza