Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

the hits keep coming

https://twitter.com/mel_ankoly/status/1018338057118871557?s=21
https://twitter.com/letat_lechat/status/1018338408094027776?s=21
https://twitter.com/tchriste52/status/1018339072790577153?s=21

this fucken guy
https://twitter.com/robertcaruso/status/1018338071165784064?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

seven percent hahahahahahaha

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

KDL finished second in the jungle primary, meaning he and Feinstein are both running for the general election in November and nobody else. The CA Democratic party itself endorsing him over Feinstein means he'll have more institutional support, despite her being first place in the primary.

and also her being the sitting senator which makes it extra extreme lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's Not Her Turn Anymore

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

Raskolnikov38 posted:

and also her being the sitting senator which makes it extra extreme lol

The top two jungle primary has only been around since 2010 too, lmao.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

liberals: if you vote with your conscience you're directly responsible for trunp!
also liberals: we're sending a progressive? I'm sitting this one out, folks.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I can't believe the guy calling himself L'etat cest Moi favors the crusty old establishment figure.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i believeon in de leon

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
goddamn, remember hen we were saying we had no chance right now at targeting baddems in NY and CA?

this slaps

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

it'll be an uphill struggle for sure, hopefully whatever's responsable for the partial un-succing of the CA DEMS can pull off a serious GOTV

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Rand alPaul posted:

Gary Peters (D-MI) had a town hall this morning and my friend texted me some of the highlights:

Very important to maintain civility in these times.
Told a woman whose husband had a stroke and was going bankrupt despite having fantastic health insurance that he doesn't support Medicare for All at this time because he wants to achieve "what is possible", and right now is focused on protecting the ACA which is under attack.
Told another person that wanted him to sign onto Medicare for All that he always has been for everyone having "access" to health care.
When questioned on wealth inequality said he agreed it was bad and then took another question.
Told people the most important thing to do right now was vote because Democrats don't have any power.

:lol:

Wow, that is disgusting... what do you call your act?

The Democrats!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
who the gently caress unironically wants to keep Feinstein in jesus christ

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Nichael posted:

Wow, that is disgusting... what do you call your act?

The Democrats!

please lead kerri to glorious victory over crapper so we can terrify the senate dems into growing a spine tia

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gee i'd love to support medicare for all but it's just not possible to do a watered down version of whatever single other developed nation on the planet does

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

seven percent hahahahahahaha

She apparently told her supporters to vote for no endorsement :lol:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/07/14/feinstein-de-leon-california-democratic-party-endorsement-executive-board-oakland/

quote:

De León, a state senator from Los Angeles and the former leader of the State Senate, won 65 percent of the 333 delegates, according to the party. Feinstein netted seven percent after urging her supporters to choose no endorsement “in the name of party unity.

Even if you give her all of the No Endorsement votes, she still got rocked

Too bad, she is gonna crush him in the actual election

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Agean90 posted:

please lead kerri to glorious victory over crapper so we can terrify the senate dems into growing a spine tia

i stress this a lot at doors, even if she wins, one senator isn't going to be able to accomplish this. it requires a full sweep of the house and senate from coast to coast, as well as good local candidates at every level. she can be a loud voice for change, but in reality it's going to be her, sanders, maybe warren, and that's it.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dairy Tariff posted:

who the gently caress unironically wants to keep Feinstein in jesus christ

Only 6,665,000 voters participated in the jungle primary out of a total registered voter population of 18.2 million, and succdems are claiming Dianne Feinstein getting only 3 million votes is some kind of mandate for the general election.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

she wanted to be able to point to the combined feinstein + no endorsement votes and claim they were all her supporters

but she still got too thoroughly lion'd for that to work

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Office Pig posted:

7% feinstein :laffo:

:bagl:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
this isn't going to bode well for voters in... bakersfield...?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

owned

https://twitter.com/davidoatkins/status/1018343528659804160?s=21

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Serf posted:

what gets me is people going "please don't talk about politics, i want to never hear about what is happening in the world"

like wake the gently caress up

knowing what happens sucks though

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Grondoth posted:

Especially when it's all the same bullshit forever

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Serf posted:

what gets me is people going "please don't talk about politics, i want to never hear about what is happening in the world"

like wake the gently caress up

everything is politics and they are dumb as poo poo

Serf
May 5, 2011

Grondoth posted:

poo poo sucks, its not gonna change because you stuck your head in the sand. what that tells me is that the person in question is comfortable enough that they don't need to worry themselves with the mechanisms behind our material conditions

luckily capitalism is eating itself, so more and more people are realizing that they are not actually as comfortable as they thought

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

She's actually Feinstein's Monster

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Wrong thread dont read that

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

loving looooooool

look how much weight that Obama endorsement carried

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Calibanibal posted:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Calibanibal posted:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Calibanibal posted:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/davidoatkins/status/1018348174866444291?s=21

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
lock

her

up!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
where are all these centrists getting the idea that someone like de Leon would endanger the Mueller investigation in the first place? Like, I don't think he would vote against something to protect the investigation... it's just that he also probably wouldn't vote against M4A either

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Oh Snapple! posted:

I don't think anything will ever top Briahna Gray being told by a white woman that she needs to make some black friends

when did that happen

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

RottenK posted:

when did that happen

on a day ending in y

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gradenko_2000 posted:

where are all these centrists getting the idea that someone like de Leon would endanger the Mueller investigation in the first place? Like, I don't think he would vote against something to protect the investigation... it's just that he also probably wouldn't vote against M4A either

Committee appointments are by seniority, right? Maybe they think Feinstein will be replaced with a Republican.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Calibanibal posted: