Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I...uhh... :psyboom:

https://twitter.com/Mikel_Jollett/status/1018353465070768129

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

How the gently caress did absolutely no one realize they were being played. Like this is some straight up Nathan Fielder poo poo.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Are they just reading a prompter or is that real

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Rhyno posted:

I was working in a bar during the heyday of Borat and Chappelle's Show. You don't know a goddamned thing about quoters.

Sir, I respectfully disagree because the freshest hell was having the whitest people possible quote Chappelle's skits verbatim to me because I was "the black kid" in HS. I didn't watch Chappelle's Show until like 2010 and I really enjoyed it but it took almost a decade of distance for me to even watch it.

LadyPictureShow posted:

When I started college, it was the heyday of Chuck Norris ‘jokes’. My senior year of HS was the ‘WHAT?! OH-KAY!’ poo poo.

poo poo got real old before it even peaked in its popularity.

In addendum to that, God how many of us lived through that ‘Whazuuuuuuup?’ thing? Probably all of us.

gently caress, I remember the Lil Jon poo poo, too. The early aughts were just awful. :negative:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vanderdeath posted:

Sir, I respectfully disagree because the freshest hell was having the whitest people possible quote Chappelle's skits verbatim to me because I was "the black kid" in HS. I didn't watch Chappelle's Show until like 2010 and I really enjoyed it but it took almost a decade of distance for me to even watch it.

gently caress, I remember the Lil Jon poo poo, too. The early aughts were just awful. :negative:

It was always white people.

ALWAYS.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
New McHale eps should be up soon! :)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Aww yeah time to binge McHale

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Binge? Isn't it still weekly?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's goooooone.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lycus posted:

Binge? Isn't it still weekly?

Nah they dumped six episodes at once today. Announced it a few weeks ago.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Lurdiak posted:

It's goooooone.

Yeah because he didn't get the go-ahead from Showtime to post it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
McHale is still great although I laughed at the bit where they made fun of something from the rapper Big Shaq not realising that it’s a satirical persona

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Escobarbarian posted:

Nah they dumped six episodes at once today. Announced it a few weeks ago.

How does that work with the show's format? Like, does the first episode use clips from reality show episodes from a month and a half ago?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Escobarbarian posted:

I’ve still never seen the American seasons of Ali G and from what I understand they’re by far the best

Him asking Buzz Aldrin ‘Why they don’t go in the winter?’ in response to being told the sun is too hot to visit is pure comedic gold.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

less laughter posted:

Yeah because he didn't get the go-ahead from Showtime to post it.

What was the tweet?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Anybody else watching Detroiters? I caught up last night, and I will never stop loving this show.

Faizon Love as the guest star in ‘Farmer Zach’s’ was amazing.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What was the tweet?

A bunch of conservative elected officials endorsing training children ages 4-12 to handle guns to protect classrooms.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
I thought syfy was trying to reduce the amount of commercials they aired. Watching the Harry Potter marathon is making me miss when freeform had the rights.

"YER A WIZARD (Five commercials for jerky) HARRY"

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

MiddleOne posted:

How the gently caress did absolutely no one realize they were being played. Like this is some straight up Nathan Fielder poo poo.

There's literally some Nathan Fielder in there :cheeky:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lycus posted:

How does that work with the show's format? Like, does the first episode use clips from reality show episodes from a month and a half ago?

I guess so, not exactly sure. I assume enough people don’t watch any of the shows they snag clips from that it isn’t a big deal to show things that aired a few weeks ago.

First episode of Who Is America? was hit and miss but the final section (which is almost half the episode and also the part in that deleted tweet) was loving incredible. And of COURSE Fielder was consulted haha

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mu Zeta posted:

A bunch of conservative elected officials endorsing training children ages 4-12 to handle guns to protect classrooms.

https://twitter.com/twpolk/status/1018372408074522624

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo.

How? How??? I mean holy poo poo.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Rhyno posted:

They're trying to revive that poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EQTM-E1XD4

Michael Pena does a "Whazuuuuuuup!?" in Ant-Man 2, followed by him asking if anyone remembered those commercials.

Mu Zeta posted:

Back in 2010, the Republican candidate for state Attorney General here in Connecticut ran on a platform that consisted of two things: legalizing pot and mandatory gun training for all schoolkids. That was in a blue state, even before Sandy Hook. She got like 45% of the vote, too. A lot of these ideas have been there for a while now but floating under the radar, but I'm glad they seem to finally be simmering to the surface to be rightfully mocked as insane.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chairman Capone posted:

Michael Pena does a "Whazuuuuuuup!?" in Ant-Man 2, followed by him asking if anyone remembered those commercials.

I heard one or two groans in the theater at that.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Who Is America? Dropped episode one on the Showtime app already. It's pretty good and I look forward to the rest.

This also made me open the Showtime app for the first time in over a year. What is this show The Affair? It's got Pacey in it and I liked him on Fringe. Is this a good show?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Croatoan posted:

Who Is America? Dropped episode one on the Showtime app already. It's pretty good and I look forward to the rest.

This also made me open the Showtime app for the first time in over a year. What is this show The Affair? It's got Pacey in it and I liked him on Fringe. Is this a good show?

The first season of The Affair is pretty good soap drama with the interesting twist of seeing the story from the sides of both characters which leads to an overall unreliable narrative.

Subsequent seasons turn up the ridiculousness of the plot lines from about a reasonable 6 to like a 12. It's one of those lovely things that they do in a lot of shows where characters can't just be living normal lives and so for a season a character has X problem that's never been mentioned before and only provides drama for that season and is never mentioned again.

Now it's back for a 4th season is incredibly long in the tooth and I'm not sure why I'm watching but I'm definitely done with the good will this show had in season one and won't give it another season beyond this one.

I recommend season one a lot though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Croatoan posted:

I like it, and I understand that Cohen has to really disguise himself but the make up looks insanely fake. His Alex Jones character looks like Fat Bastard.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

His Israeli character looks like Donatella Versace

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Croatoan posted:

Oh my god I’m 4 minutes in and this is already too much. In a good way. Him explaining the 1% plan to Bernie Sanders was out of this world. If this is how this drat thing starts we are in for one hell of a ride.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

X-O posted:

Oh my god I’m 4 minutes in and this is already too much. In a good way. Him explaining the 1% plan to Bernie Sanders was out of this world. If this is how this drat thing starts we are in for one hell of a ride.

Oh my God the video on 2nd Amendment needs to be shown everywhere

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

How does one... compete with a sea mammal?

What.

The.

gently caress.

What is this show?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I'll be honest the best reaction in the entire episode is Bernie's look when the Billy Wayne Ruddick says he expects to find common ground. Bernie came out looking pretty good imo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think the art lady figured out something was up and just decided to go along for fun.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Croatoan posted:

I'll be honest the best reaction in the entire episode is Bernie's look when the Billy Wayne Ruddick says he expects to find common ground. Bernie came out looking pretty good imo.

I'm not really sure what the Bernie segment was about. Was Cohen mocking him or what? I think Sanders stayed on message very well and wasn't really fooled into anything.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

X-O posted:

I think the art lady figured out something was up and just decided to go along for fun.

I'm calling bullshit on that one. No way that lady had a lush pubic region.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm not really sure what the Bernie segment was about. Was Cohen mocking him or what? I think Sanders stayed on message very well and wasn't really fooled into anything.

Some of them are just to be funny and stupid. Like the art one. There’s no lesson to be learned there. He’s not showcasing someone’s terrible morals. He’s just trying to make someone look dumb or uncomfortable. Others like the gun bit he’s obviously doing to make a point.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/dick_nixon/status/1018572144853307397

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

repiv posted:

Peter Baynham! One of the heroes of UK alternative and satirical comedy in the 90s. Very glad to see he’s involved.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Haha oh my god the second interview. How can a living, non-public, human being be that past self-parody.

repiv posted:

:chanpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkXeMoBPSDk

Here's the full clip of the Sacha Baron Cohen thing and just holy poo poo :magical: