Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

haveblue posted:

Meatal Gear Solid V: Ground Gyros

Cheeseburgers are canon, listen to the tapes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

doingitwrong posted:

Since the Switch in handheld mode doesn’t seem to need to run the fan, I have discovered another benefit of that console over my glorified space heaters that run games too.

I think it depends on the game but also the fan is pretty quiet too. When I am playing Disgaea 5, or Splatoon 2, the fan is for sure running in handheld mode.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Really Pants posted:

please don't butt chug a car engine

Well drat, yall won't let people butt chug anything around here.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

chugshaming

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It is kind of insane that they wrote one of these for every single NPC

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Well you wouldn't download a car, so it just stands to reason that there are plenty of other things you also shouldn't do with a car.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Finished SiN and then SiN Episodes

it's hilarious how much of an HL2 knockoff Episodes is. but I also like HL2-type games???

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Well you wouldn't download a car, so it just stands to reason that there are plenty of other things you also shouldn't do with a car.

If I could 3D print a car I totally would

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Help Im Alive posted:

It is kind of insane that they wrote one of these for every single NPC

it isnt every single npc, just all you can interact with (which is a majority bit not a totality)

also bonus points for having the npc inventory be consistent with their dialogue and profile

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
also next month thread title needs to be

Augustchat Traveler: Figments of a dead god's imagination

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

also next month thread title needs to be

Augustchat Traveler: Figments of a dead god's imagination
Eternal Augusta

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The weirdest one that did this was Sacrifice imo. The whole game is about stopping a maniac genocidal who has already destroyed many planets in his way and, as the game begins in media res, you see he also destroyed the one you're currently on too, until you can finally end him, all for the credits to roll in and...all character models dance party!

One hell of a whiplash.

edit:

Octavius Chat Thread with Shadow of Rome as the GOTM

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Mister No posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpFsNeubnug

MonHun Generations had the best ending credits

The way the game just hard cuts to this video after you finish the final story based mission was hilarious and kinda just feels entirely like someone in the team just wanted to make a cute dance video with all the character models and someone threw it in as the ending as a joke.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

chumbler posted:

Well drat, yall won't let people butt chug anything around here.

I'm buttchuggin' gigabytes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

my buddy Superfly posted:

The way the game just hard cuts to this video after you finish the final story based mission was hilarious and kinda just feels entirely like someone in the team just wanted to make a cute dance video with all the character models and someone threw it in as the ending as a joke.

It's entirely in line with the tone of Monster Hunter, though. MH is in my experience one of the most joyful (for lack of a better word) series out there.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X4m30RySH8

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

What do people think of Quake Champions? I regret not getting the starter pack free during e3 to try it out because I enjoyed Arena.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exploded mummy posted:

it isnt every single npc, just all you can interact with (which is a majority bit not a totality)

also bonus points for having the npc inventory be consistent with their dialogue and profile

Are non-interactable, immobile human sprites npcs or scenery

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

shoutout to the merchant that's into one piece

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i forgot about this thanks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quest For Glory II posted:

it's hilarious how much of an HL2 knockoff Episodes is. but I also like HL2-type games???

Episode

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIxx9-e8H3A

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Hi. What's the best way to play ff6? Is there a "Best version"? I have a PS3/Vita/4, Wii u, 2ds, switch. Also a PC with an emulator.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

redreader posted:

Hi. What's the best way to play ff6? Is there a "Best version"? I have a PS3/Vita/4, Wii u, 2ds, switch. Also a PC with an emulator.

The psn version has insane menu lag and battle loads. Avoid unless its like a dollar

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

It's too bad they scrapped this for being too goofy considering it would've made an already memorable bizarre ending even better.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

redreader posted:

Either the SNES version or the gba version with a patch to fix the music

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

chumbler posted:

It's entirely in line with the tone of Monster Hunter, though. MH is in my experience one of the most joyful (for lack of a better word) series out there.

Totally! I love the tone the series has of just everyone's all for working together and keeping positive despite a constant threat of magic dinosaurs suddenly deciding to ruin everything. I haven't played World yet and I'm very much looking forward to the pc port and I hope it continues that trend.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

GUI posted:

It's too bad they scrapped this for being too goofy considering it would've made an already memorable bizarre ending even better.

it's the only good thing fear 2 ever had going for it

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

It is a source engine game after all.

I really like SiN. More FPS games could use branching paths between levels.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

my buddy Superfly posted:

Totally! I love the tone the series has of just everyone's all for working together and keeping positive despite a constant threat of magic dinosaurs suddenly deciding to ruin everything. I haven't played World yet and I'm very much looking forward to the pc port and I hope it continues that trend.

World gets a little weird about it because it's all about going to this new continent and researching all these newly discovered monsters by way of murdering them many times.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

SiN might’ve been my first FPS ever. I think I used godmode throughout.

Also I remember the main villain being a stupidly busty woman. She taught me a lot

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jay Rust posted:

SiN might’ve been my first FPS ever. I think I used godmode throughout.

Also I remember the main villain being a stupidly busty woman. She taught me a lot

the ending of sin is literally the main character failing to stop the main villain because she made him too horny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPHtugfwoWw

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Housh posted:

What do people think of Quake Champions? I regret not getting the starter pack free during e3 to try it out because I enjoyed Arena.

It's really fun. You can still play it free through the Bethesda launcher. I think it'll be free to play on Steam when it comes out of early access but if you like it you should buy the all characters pack at the early access discount

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Convex posted:

It's really fun. You can still play it free through the Bethesda launcher. I think it'll be free to play on Steam when it comes out of early access but if you like it you should buy the all characters pack at the early access discount
Yeah I was thinking of buying it. I should give it a shot on the Bethesda launcher if it’s still free. Watching my nephews go crazy over Fortnite makes me want to load up quake.

I still got my 3 arena disc. Are there servers still running? Would love if that game ran in macOS on my laptop.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

redreader posted:

The definitive FF6 is the GBA version with the audio fan patch.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm gonna play some Darksiders or some Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. Gonna have fun either way. What're all of ya playin right now if anything

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

lets hang out posted:

World gets a little weird about it because it's all about going to this new continent and researching all these newly discovered monsters by way of murdering them many times.

Yeah, I kinda forgot about people talking about the game's weird tone with that, is that feeling still around even if you just try to capture everything you can?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Colonel posted:

the ending of sin is literally the main character failing to stop the main villain because she made him too horny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPHtugfwoWw

It’s very believable. Action heroes gently caress up all the time by getting too horny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm gonna play some Darksiders or some Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. Gonna have fun either way. What're all of ya playin right now if anything

Asscreed Origins for the last few days because I'm an Ubi Bitch :(

• Locked thread