Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

BlondRobin posted:

She has no resists but she has three different defense buffs; for redirecting a turn of fire, she is much more durable than any tank, including D'eon. I usually run her with Room Guarder since she also loves stars and that often ends up with her taking literally zero damage. Keep in mind defense scales to zeroing damage at 100%, not halving it, I'm pretty sure.

Passionlip is a monster. But in a good way! (mostly)

I’ll admit I never put a lot of effort into making her the focus of a team but idk, she just never stood out as a tank. Like sure she never took extra damage but like, I never used George against assassins either.

Her skills are only at 6 and maybe that means a lot for her? She just never stood out until post strengthening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Dr Pepper posted:

Yeah attack and defense buffs in this game are very simple.

A 10% Attack buff adds 10% damage an attack and a 10% defense buff takes away 10% damage from an attack.

So if you stack up 100% DEF you will take literally 0 damage.

This is pretty hard to do, it's arguably easier to do with a combination of Attack debuffs on the enemy though.

I dunno, I've been doing a pretty good job of it in Camelot by combining Mash's Defense buff skill and NP with Waver's Defense buff skill. But that's more down to having Mash's skill at 10 and having a friends list full of 10/10/10 Wavers. :getin:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

W.T. Fits posted:

I dunno, I've been doing a pretty good job of it in Camelot by combining Mash's Defense buff skill and NP with Waver's Defense buff skill. But that's more down to having Mash's skill at 10 and having a friends list full of 10/10/10 Wavers. :getin:

Mash and Waver also have Damage Cut on their DEF buffs, which is a flat reduction of damage. Mash's is crazy strong with 1000 for one attack while Waver's is 500 over the three turns.

60% DEF total means that what little damage is done is often nulled out by the Damage Cut, especially for Mash's one time 1000 one.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

EGSunBro posted:

I’ll admit I never put a lot of effort into making her the focus of a team but idk, she just never stood out as a tank. Like sure she never took extra damage but like, I never used George against assassins either.

Her skills are only at 6 and maybe that means a lot for her? She just never stood out until post strengthening.

Like most characters in this game, you get what you put in. It sounds like you got her, didn’t expect much, and didn’t do much; and that isn’t to blame you, because it’s really hard to go over literally every character with a fine tooth comb and figure out their ~optimal strats~. I played and loved CCC so I was super hype to have Good Girl Lip on a team, so I made it work and was extremely satisfied with the results, that’s all.

Honestly most characters in this game are way more credible than people give credit for because there’s so many ways to go about things that it’s easy to get stuck in a mindset, like “I must always have two supports” or “everyone on a team must do a specific thing, tank dps support, and that’s all” and such. Almost all of the characters are good if you just look at them the right way, and I don’t just mean for fan purposes.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

BlondRobin posted:

Like most characters in this game, you get what you put in. It sounds like you got her, didn’t expect much, and didn’t do much; and that isn’t to blame you, because it’s really hard to go over literally every character with a fine tooth comb and figure out their ~optimal strats~. I played and loved CCC so I was super hype to have Good Girl Lip on a team, so I made it work and was extremely satisfied with the results, that’s all.

Honestly most characters in this game are way more credible than people give credit for because there’s so many ways to go about things that it’s easy to get stuck in a mindset, like “I must always have two supports” or “everyone on a team must do a specific thing, tank dps support, and that’s all” and such. Almost all of the characters are good if you just look at them the right way, and I don’t just mean for fan purposes.

Yeah I agree with you. I think this thread is a pretty uniquely good place for that, partially because the tone was set by Endorph and Baal, to showing all Servants are really good honestly. If you like a servant enough to make a team to support them it will do everything in the game no problem, it’s a huge part of why I love FGO.

Basically this game is good and this thread is good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Caster giles

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you dedicate enough resources and time to understanding what situations he can potentially work in, I'm sure you too can make either Gilles a usable character.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
casgilles works at being COOL

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Dr Pepper posted:

Mash and Waver also have Damage Cut on their DEF buffs, which is a flat reduction of damage. Mash's is crazy strong with 1000 for one attack while Waver's is 500 over the three turns.

60% DEF total means that what little damage is done is often nulled out by the Damage Cut, especially for Mash's one time 1000 one.

Actually Mash's damage cut is 2000, it's pretty nuts.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I impulse bought quartz for Drake but got Assassin Emiya instead. Sad.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Dr Pepper posted:

Yeah attack and defense buffs in this game are very simple.

A 10% Attack buff adds 10% damage an attack and a 10% defense buff takes away 10% damage from an attack.

So if you stack up 100% DEF you will take literally 0 damage.

This is pretty hard to do, it's arguably easier to do with a combination of Attack debuffs on the enemy though.

This is part of the reason why Tamamo and Waver are Bros for Life. You can stack Tamamo's DEF up with Waver's DEF up to make Tamamo virtually invincible.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Got Jack from the guaranteed pull. I mean, it's nice to have the best assassin period but I was hoping for maybe np2 ozzy or drake :frog:

Also got caster Giles so I guess I'll put him on the mantle next to Angry Mango

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
https://twitter.com/SocialGameInfo/status/1018370689433128962

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why is saber gilles in this game, out of everyone

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
those figures dont look so good tbh

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

How long till someone makes the Tabletop Simulator version.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Endorph posted:

why is saber gilles in this game, out of everyone

need a junk pull, I guess

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Tired Moritz posted:

those figures dont look so good tbh

They look like they were meant to be crossover characters in an episode of Pokemon.

PKMN TRAINER MEDUSA sent out BELLEROPHON!!
BELLEROPHON used TACKLE!
It's not very effective...

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

it’s giving me karma and arjuna in figure form, i’ll take what i can get.

that said I also have two friend slots open

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
They look like action figures, to be honest. I can imagine a child playing with them, which is unacceptable a fate for my waifu.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

They’re not action figures, they’re more like amiibo

They come with cards and stuff because they’re for a tabletop game, FGO Duel

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I know I'm gonna buy a few of the english version, even if I shouldn't.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Used some folks' Lartoria in Support, and she's on the wish list now.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Used some folks' Lartoria in Support, and she's on the wish list now.

The Camelot 2 banner where she's the rate up SSR is coming up soon-ish, and after that there's the class based guaranteed SSR banner (probably in November-ish) where it's her, Karna and Enkidu.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

El Burbo posted:

Oh god, I would unironically buy and play this game if it gets an english release.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

El Burbo posted:

is this pvp

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

the_steve posted:

Oh god, I would unironically buy and play this game if it gets an english release.

They literally announced it at the anniversary stream

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Tae posted:

They literally announced it at the anniversary stream

You mean that thing I didn't watch?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cuntellectual posted:

The Camelot 2 banner where she's the rate up SSR is coming up soon-ish, and after that there's the class based guaranteed SSR banner (probably in November-ish) where it's her, Karna and Enkidu.

With my luck that would lead to an NP3 Karna.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

she gets a day with xalter

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
The figures come in $15 blind boxes, for anyone curious.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The Manticore posted:

The figures come in $15 blind boxes, for anyone curious.

haha, I cant weigh bits and bytes but boxes are no problem

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

The promotional Servants are Jalter, Saber Gilles, Stheno, Medusa and Arjuna?
what?

Magical Bee
Jul 30, 2013

YggdrasilTM posted:

what?

I think those are round 2. The first batch is better.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

YggdrasilTM posted:

what?

It's a real-life gacha game. Saber Gilles is the booby prize.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Have about a dozen friend slots open if anyone wants to see the meme evolve in real time.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Endorph posted:

Have about a dozen friend slots open if anyone wants to see the meme evolve in real time.
Sent you a request as Misery SA

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Endorph posted:

Sent from Morgan.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

haha, I cant weigh bits and bytes but boxes are no problem

That's why they come with a second layer of blind boxiness. You only get one of the servants three skill cards, at random, per box. Not an issue of you just want the toy, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Endorph posted:

Sent a request, ign Celeste.